Null rod

General SS13 Chat
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Null rod

Post by kust » #153950

Does the null rod have any special power when you turn it into a blade or something else or is it just for cosmetic look ?. Which one is your favorite to use ?. Mine is the dark blade because it glows and fits with the crusader armor
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Null rod

Post by onleavedontatme » #153952

Null rod, whip, clown dagger: Fits in pocket. Whip does bonus damage to shadowlings.

Godhand, dark blessing, chainsaw: Can never be dropped. Same damage as null rod (though godhand does burn damage)

Swords (dark, claymore, force weapon, chainsaw sword, light energy sword, dark energy sword, hanzo steel): Can't fit in pocket, but they can block melee attacks. Same damage as null rod.

Bo staff: Same deal as sword, but less damage and higher block (still melee only block)

Staves (red and blue): Can block all attacks at a higher rate, but does little damage in melee

SORD: Terrible, does nothing. Very little damage.

Carp Plushie: Does less damage, but if you use it in hand, wild carp will be friendly to you.

Scythe: Large, only goes on back, but bypasses armour. Same damage as null rod.

Fedora: No melee damage, but is a deadly throwing weapon.

Hammer: No advantages, but doesn't fit in pocket. Just for looks. Same damage as null rod.

Arrhythmic Knife: Randomly speeds you up and slows you down. Can't store it anywhere.

Hope that answers your question.
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #153953

http://www.ss13.eu/tgdb/tg/latest_stats ... lainweapon

Also a chart of the popularity of each item if anyone is interested, courtesy of Erro.

Interestingly, what is probably objectively the weakest weapon (god hand cant knock you down) is the most popular.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #153954

It doesn't have knockdown, but it's nodrop, so you'll always have it all the time.
What happens if you try to hold a chainsaw in your other hand when you have a god hand?
And is it acidable? What if you kill the wielder and then clone them?
kust
Byond Username: Kustridaren

Post by kust » #153955

Ok thanks
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #153956

TheNightingale wrote:It doesn't have knockdown, but it's nodrop, so you'll always have it all the time.
What happens if you try to hold a chainsaw in your other hand when you have a god hand?
Pretty sure the chainsaw needs two free hands to pick up

I mean, you could graft a chainsaw onto your other hand and have both at once, but I sincerely doubt the wisdom of that
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #153957

If cyborgs can get along just fine without hands, so can I! And thus was the legend of Burning Chainsaw Chaplain born.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #153959

Shaps wrote:
TheNightingale wrote:It doesn't have knockdown, but it's nodrop, so you'll always have it all the time.

I mean, you could graft a chainsaw onto your other hand and have both at once, but I sincerely doubt the wisdom of that
I remember back when chainsaw grafting was introduced someone was incredibly salty in ooc after a round because he got 2 chainsaws grafted onto him and couldn't interact with anything.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #153961

newfren wrote:
Shaps wrote:

I remember back when chainsaw grafting was introduced someone was incredibly salty in ooc after a round because he got 2 chainsaws grafted onto him and couldn't interact with anything.
yeah, i added a chainsaw removal surgery shortly after. funny stuff though

as for this whole thread, it really should have just been posted in the Simple Questions thread, but w/e
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #153981

I have always wanted to take a confirmed traitor, give them a lethal chem implant, muzzle them, replace both arms with chainsaws and use them as my personal weapon. Bonus points if you shoot them with syringes of combat stimulants and stuff in fights. The best part is that they cannot change their ID card without assistance so you can control where they are able to go pretty easily
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #153983

Wow.
私は完璧
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #153985

Kor wrote:Null rod, whip, clown dagger: Fits in pocket. Whip does bonus damage to shadowlings.

Godhand, dark blessing, chainsaw: Can never be dropped. Same damage as null rod (though godhand does burn damage)

Swords (dark, claymore, force weapon, chainsaw sword): Can't fit in pocket, but they can block melee attacks. Same damage as null rod.

Staves (red and blue): Can block all attacks at a higher rate, but does little damage in melee

SORD: Terrible, does nothing. Very little damage.

Carp Plushie: Does less damage, but if you use it in hand, wild carp will be friendly to you.

Scythe: Large, only goes on back, but bypasses armour. Same damage as null rod.

Fedora: No melee damage, but is a deadly throwing weapon.

Hammer: No advantages, but doesn't fit in pocket. Just for looks. Same damage as null rod.

Hope that answers your question.
kor, im so happy you added in the throwing fedora because I was just thinking two days ago we should be able to make fedoras and bowler hats into throwing weapons with welders, wirecutters, metal, and hats