What to do as atmos tech

General SS13 Chat
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: What to do as atmos tech

Post by paprika » #45080

Flood plasma

Supercool the distro and use 'i was only trying to get everyone in the holiday winter spirit' as your defense when arrested for it
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #45090

I follow the Space Ghost Coast to Coast logic when it comes to atmos
>"Hey! Break all the pipes for more good ideas!"
And just go to town on those fuckers with a wrench
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #45094

Use mixers to make different burn mix ratios.
Use heat exchangers to heat the mix in canister to above flash point then disconnect the canister
Watch how it burns in canister
Compare with other canisters

Find the optimal burn mix then flood the station with it.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #45098

Additional volume pumps: air tank output (it's at the bottom right), air loop to the hall air pumps, hall scrubbers to waste.

Remove the pump between Waste and the Freezer, place a plain pipe there, and turn the freezer on. Hopefully reduces the temperature and thus volume in the Waste loop.

Go through all the computer consoles. I usually max the output pressure of the useful gases (nitrogen, oxygen) and set it to 0 for harmful gases (plasma, N2O, CO2). I also disable the output of harmful gases. Watch people scratch their heads trying to flood the place because they almost never check the consoles.
CocaneStyle
Byond Username: CocaneStyle

Post by CocaneStyle » #45099

Flood a very small amount of N20 into distribution, not enough to be seen only enough to make everyone start giggling.
Ergovisavi
Byond Username: Ergovisavi

Post by Ergovisavi » #45100

Rhisereld wrote:Watch people scratch their heads trying to flood the place because they almost never check the consoles.
Isn't this the equivalent of roundstart plasma loop sabotage, AKA a bannable metagame offense?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #45104

Ergovisavi wrote:Isn't this the equivalent of roundstart plasma loop sabotage, AKA a bannable metagame offense?
Theres a fine line between incomprehensible projects, and sabotaging the AI.
I've been known to turn distro into a labyrinth of pipes for efficiency. I just PDA the AI "If you're gonna kill everybody, just keep me out of it and i'll tell you how it works."
CocaneStyle wrote:Flood a very small amount of N20 into distribution, not enough to be seen only enough to make everyone start giggling.
Probably not worth the risk of actually flooding N20.
Violaceus wrote:What else can be done to improve station's atmos system?
Install a connector port into the waste line for Chemistry/Medbay and leave a scrubber there, since "you chemists are always dropping your plasma."
Install the same thing for Toxins so they have a way to easily dump their failed cans into waste, empty their scrubbers/air pumps... Or evidence disposal whatever.
Build a containment wall with r-glass or straight up walls, RCD out the floor near the waste line or have a borg come do it, install a gas filter and a vent to pump CO2 straight out into space. Fuck cooling loops.
Or set up a cooling loop for waste, whatever.

And then halfway through setting up all of this the wizard fireballs himself and ends the round.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #45105

Ergovisavi wrote:Isn't this the equivalent of roundstart plasma loop sabotage, AKA a bannable metagame offense?
Roundstart plasma loop sabotage is banned because it makes it impossible for the AI to flood plasma. This does not do that.

It's basically just hitting the "off" button to deadly plasma, which anyone, even the AI, can reverse with a couple of clicks.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #45282

Rhisereld wrote:
Roundstart plasma loop sabotage is banned because it makes it impossible for the AI to flood plasma. This does not do that.

It's basically just hitting the "off" button to deadly plasma, which anyone, even the AI, can reverse with a couple of clicks.
Basically this. I always disable vent output on the harmful gases. with the turbine this generally doesn't include plasma as I generally have that going to the mix tank then to turbine. "We aren't using it, so the pump should be off."
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #45308

Since we're talking about loop sabotage, I'd like to ask- if I'm using the mix loop to power the gas turbine, is removing the mix to distro pump metagaming? Leaving it attached is basically just willful negligence, as you're running a (usually superheated) plasma/oxygen mix one pump away from the mainline air supply.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #45314