Space exploration ruins and the space armor nerf

General SS13 Chat
Dat_Legion
Byond Username: Dat_Legion

Space exploration ruins and the space armor nerf

Post by Dat_Legion » #578259

As it currently stands, the level of armor and loot in the Trade Route ruin and every other ruin are completely unbalanced. Space exploration is far, far too easy in its current state, with the only requirements being the very basic forms of environmental protection and transportation needed to clear every single ruin save for a few exceptions.

Trade route, with its 40 burn, 60 brute 90+wounding burst infinite ammo simple mobs capable of gg ez’ing you in 3 seconds. The only option when dealing with it is either an ungodly amount of knowledge and cheese about how the mobs move, spawn, fight and act when not agro’d or instantly die to getting hit with 2 buckshot rounds and 4 .45 rounds from trying to face tank with zero armor.I have to follow a strict movement pattern and looting method to even hope of getting gear from the ruin without going vertical from a simple mob thats more competent than most nukies. I don’t want to have 100+ hours of knowledge for *one ruin specifically* when every other ruin has as much difficulty as those little put the right shape in the right hole toys. With all the space grade armor axed by Timbertoes, which I see as an overreaction to the problem. I would’ve preferred having 60-80% of it axed, 15-35% of it nerfed and the last 5% being in trade route, say something like a boxed syndi suit in one of the crates.

On top of it all, its annoyingly difficult to properly summarize the entire problem without throwing a 4 page post on every detail and flaw that was created or exacerbated with the space nerf.Theres problems galore regarding armor in lavaland, no armor in space, gamer gear loot tables, RNG spawns and the new wound system all being poked like a anthill with every content change of off station content.
Korusho/(Khal-Thrask) (DEAD) "Rod Sterling"
Korusho/(Khal-Thrask) (DEAD) "Should be permanently banned"
Korusho/(Khal-Thrask) (DEAD) "for all the crap they commit"

"But Manwe put forth Morgoth and shut him beyond the World in the Void that is without; and he cannot himself return again into the World, present and visible, while the Lords of the West are still enthroned."
Space Panda
Byond Username: Magnus Veritas

Re: Space exploration ruins and the space armor nerf

Post by Space Panda » #578260

Dat_Legion
Byond Username: Dat_Legion

Re: Space exploration ruins and the space armor nerf

Post by Dat_Legion » #578261

Damnit.
Korusho/(Khal-Thrask) (DEAD) "Rod Sterling"
Korusho/(Khal-Thrask) (DEAD) "Should be permanently banned"
Korusho/(Khal-Thrask) (DEAD) "for all the crap they commit"

"But Manwe put forth Morgoth and shut him beyond the World in the Void that is without; and he cannot himself return again into the World, present and visible, while the Lords of the West are still enthroned."