WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

General SS13 Chat
Post Reply
Heolo
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:10 am
Byond Username: Heolo

WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Heolo » #649577

I come back after a couple month hiatus because all the nerfs to mining. And science was hit by a wave of bureaucratic bullsh*t. Not ONLY do I have to Physically Repair the Damn Toxins room on EVERY station before I can make ANYTHING. But I have to Make Copies, Distribute, And Publish In order to make Any progress. Now that May seem nice on paper to the dozen or so people who Exclusively play when ONLY 50+ people are on a server and Everyone Needs something to do. But when ther is a Single guy in science Their is NO science. These Changes are nice for role play and Highpop But they leave low pop in the dust. I genuinely Dont like playing with 50+ people Its a chaotic mess to say the least. Alot of people feel that science is now bad and not worth the time.

PS. If your argument against me is to mock who would want to play low pop, F*ck Right Off
User avatar
FantasticFwoosh
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 11:25 pm
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #649578

Too many of them signed up to fix personal gripes (not talking about bugfixes but rather self declared 'balance specialists'), rather than to make things because they love the server and to gift good things to other people. Givemaxxing developer grindset.

Spoiler:
Image
Image
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by oranges » #650028

Why do the devs hate all the things you love?

probably because you are a giant shitter
User avatar
Helios
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:07 pm
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Helios » #650089

The nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Tasers, cloning, Original X-ray, space adapt and Hulk,various chems and viruses stood out.
They don't stand out anymore. Now if you break 2 reinforced walls as a hulk you've got no arms
User avatar
toemas
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:55 pm
Byond Username: Realthoman_
Location: Burning in hell

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by toemas » #650104

Helios wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 am The nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Tasers, cloning, Original X-ray, space adapt and Hulk,various chems and viruses stood out.
They don't stand out anymore. Now if you break 2 reinforced walls as a hulk you've got no arms
most of those nerfs were pretty deserved
User avatar
Helios
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:07 pm
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Helios » #650232

So I keep hearing
User avatar
datorangebottle
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:53 am
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by datorangebottle » #650238

Helios wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 am The nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Tasers, cloning, Original X-ray, space adapt and Hulk,various chems and viruses stood out.
They don't stand out anymore. Now if you break 2 reinforced walls as a hulk you've got no arms
Hulk still stands out, because it's still stun immunity with(emergency) all-access attached and seeing "ALLCAPS ALL THE TIME!!!!!" or "AARGH!!!x25" annoys the shit out of me.
sinfulbliss wrote:i would like to add onto this - i believe women should be removed from the game as well.
User avatar
Shadowflame909
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:18 pm
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Reddit Username: Shadowmist909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Shadowflame909 » #650251

datorangebottle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:45 am
Helios wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 am The nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Tasers, cloning, Original X-ray, space adapt and Hulk,various chems and viruses stood out.
They don't stand out anymore. Now if you break 2 reinforced walls as a hulk you've got no arms
Hulk still stands out, because it's still stun immunity with(emergency) all-access attached and seeing "ALLCAPS ALL THE TIME!!!!!" or "AARGH!!!x25" annoys the shit out of me.
Just have hulk have a chance to blow up/emp their own headset from all their yelling into the microphone.

Would be a pretty funny ss13 way to solve a problem. The other two issues I do not agree with because that's locking all the fun stuff behind antags/captain and is really shit
► Show Spoiler
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by oranges » #650354

ARGGH
User avatar
Whoneedspacee
Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 am
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Whoneedspacee » #650799

FantasticFwoosh wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:44 pm Too many of them signed up to fix personal gripes (not talking about bugfixes but rather self declared 'balance specialists'), rather than to make things because they love the server and to gift good things to other people. Givemaxxing developer grindset.
Self declared balance specialists describes about 99% of coding general arguments
retired ss13 coderman
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by oranges » #650807

ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH ARGGH
User avatar
stairmaster
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:13 am
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by stairmaster » #652637

I hate progressive traitor!!
User avatar
tjatpbnj
In Game PermaBanned
Joined: Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:48 pm
Byond Username: Tjatpbnj

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by tjatpbnj » #652638

I hate YOU!
PM me with why you cant fill a double gulp cup with slurpee i dont understand
User avatar
Kendrickorium
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:00 am
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Kendrickorium » #652708

datorangebottle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:45 am
Helios wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 am The nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Tasers, cloning, Original X-ray, space adapt and Hulk,various chems and viruses stood out.
They don't stand out anymore. Now if you break 2 reinforced walls as a hulk you've got no arms
Hulk still stands out, because it's still stun immunity with(emergency) all-access attached and seeing "ALLCAPS ALL THE TIME!!!!!" or "AARGH!!!x25" annoys the shit out of me.
Image
Image

Image

Image
User avatar
oranges
Code Maintainer
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:16 pm
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact
Reddit Username: msolikesass
Location: #CHATSHITGETBANGED

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by oranges » #652720

Kendrickorium wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:29 pm
datorangebottle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:45 am
Helios wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:58 am The nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Tasers, cloning, Original X-ray, space adapt and Hulk,various chems and viruses stood out.
They don't stand out anymore. Now if you break 2 reinforced walls as a hulk you've got no arms
Hulk still stands out, because it's still stun immunity with(emergency) all-access attached and seeing "ALLCAPS ALL THE TIME!!!!!" or "AARGH!!!x25" annoys the shit out of me.
Image
Only someone who's serious can handle this
User avatar
Helios
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:07 pm
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by Helios » #652722

Not the way I see things.
Ever since the arm change was made to hulk, people stopped wanting HULK syringes, and I had a lot harder time giving them away as a geneticist.
User avatar
blackdav123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:04 pm
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by blackdav123 » #652726

screaming like a retard over comms every time you punch also disincentivizes anyone who does care about roleplay from taking hulk syringes without a good reason
BlueMemesauce
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:05 pm
Byond Username: BlueMemesauce

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by BlueMemesauce » #652848

blackdav123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:09 am screaming like a retard over comms every time you punch also disincentivizes anyone who does care about roleplay from taking hulk syringes without a good reason
they don't scream over comms anymore
User avatar
blackdav123
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:04 pm
Byond Username: Blackdav123

Re: WHy do the Devs Hate all the things I love.

Post by blackdav123 » #652871

BlueMemesauce wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:04 am
blackdav123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:09 am screaming like a retard over comms every time you punch also disincentivizes anyone who does care about roleplay from taking hulk syringes without a good reason
they don't scream over comms anymore
why do the devs hate all the things I love
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot]