POLL: What logs do you want made public?

General SS13 Chat

What logs do you want to be made public?

Poll ended at Tue May 05, 2015 8:19 pm

All logs
37%
All logs minus adminhelps/asay
44%
All logs minus ALL admin logs (this includes buttons being pressed, etc)
8%
Only admin logs
3%
Only admin logs minus adminhelps/asay
1%
No logs
8%

Total votes: 79

QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

POLL: What logs do you want made public?

Post by QuartzCrystal » #84961

The headmins have apparently decided, without consulting with the admins or players, that ADMIN logs will be made public. These are the only logs to be made public. Basically asay, adminhelps, admin actions, etc etc will all be made public. The only thing that will be censored are CKEYs. This does not censor CKEYs and character names that are said in PMs to or from admins or ones that are said in asay by admins. The censorship of CKEYs is to protect players privacy, but most players have consistent characters and it will be really easy for anyone to identify who is making complaints about who. This will also severely hamper what admins can discuss in asay.

I personally think this is a bad idea, and it's not even what players have been asking for, which is public logs that will make ban appeals (and requests) easier to make. Simply making adminlogs public will not enable players to make better appeals and requests as it censors CKEYs and only provides players with their interaction with admins to make their case, as opposed to the actual events that they were banned for.

So I'm opening up this poll, there are a few options.

EDIT: Worth pointing out that I have enabled vote switching so people can switch if they change their minds, the poll is going to run for 5 days. After this theoretically we can all point to this and decide what we want.
Last edited by QuartzCrystal on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Re: What logs do you want made public?

Post by Ikarrus » #84962

Why are adminhelps lumped in with asay
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #84963

And I understand scrubbing identifying information like IPs and CIDs but ckeys? really?

Needless to say, none of the options presented in this poll represent my opinion.

The only things that need scrubbing are IPs, CIDs, and to a lesser extent asay and notes. I don't see why anything else needs to.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #84964

Ikarrus wrote:And I understand scrubbing identifying information like IPs and CIDs but ckeys? really?

Needless to say, none of the options presented in this poll represent my opinion.

The only things that need scrubbing are IPs, CIDs, asay and notes. I don't see why anything else needs to.
That's not an option being presented to us. Headmins are insistent on protecting players privacy by censoring CKEYs. But of course if admins are to keep up with this we can't actually discuss anything going on in asay.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #84967

I'm just saying there's no point in placing adminbus under strict lockdown while asay is still public. It just moves the discussion from in game to IRC. And if we're going to disable public notes because of metacommunication, a lot of metacomms gets discussed in asay as well.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #84968

Ikarrus wrote:I'm just saying there's no point in making adminbus under strict lockdown but asay is still public. And if we're going to disable public notes because of metacommunication, a lot of metacomms gets discussed in asay as well.
Exactly.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #84970

Okay but there's no harm in adminhelps.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #84972

Ikarrus wrote:Okay but there's no harm in adminhelps.
IMO players should be able to say something to the admins without it being open to public scrutiny.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #84974

QuartzCrystal wrote:
Ikarrus wrote:Okay but there's no harm in adminhelps.
IMO players should be able to say something to the admins without it being open to public scrutiny.
Well when you put it that way then I can agree.

All logs minus adminhelps/asay it is then
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #84975

Not uploading the normal chat logs because it might cause drama and stalking or whatever reason was decided, and then leaving in ahelps so they can go and nitpick "wow this guy keeps ahelping me TIME TO METAGRUDGE".

10/10
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #84981

Some hilarious fucking pastebin wrote:7. People don't want to play on goon hippie vg or bay. They want to play here, the reason they do is because they are allowed to have a say on who makes the policy and they have a voice in how the server is run.
No seriously I need to ask in OOC how many people play tgstation specifically for the democracy and not because it doesn't lag for 15 seconds on minute intervals like some other servers.
Forumites need not apply.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: POLL: What logs do you want made public?

Post by oranges » #84985

I've discussed this a little with Quartz and others and my position remains the same, all interaction/attack/ooc/chat logs should be public so I can appeal my bans with the appropriate logs.

This means
A) I can refresh my memory about the incident - useful in case of longer term bans where the context is forgotten and I want to be accurate to the event
B) I can present my case in a stronger manner by indicating all the chain of events that were involved or I think were involved, including ones I didn't have the forethought to mention during an investigation

You can see more of that discussion here
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... =50#p82263
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #84986

By the way scrubbing ckeys isn't the end of the world but it does make things more of a pain since you need to remember the name you were using at the time.

I don't see the need to scrub ckeys really.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #84987

oranges wrote:By the way scrubbing ckeys isn't the end of the world but it does make things more of a pain since you need to remember the name you were using at the time.

I don't see the need to scrub ckeys really.
I think this is something we can discuss once we finally decide which logs we want public. I agree, CKEYs aren't a huge deal to make public along with attack logs, etc.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #84997

oranges wrote:I've discussed this a little with Quartz and others and my position remains the same, all interaction/attack/ooc/chat logs should be public so I can appeal my bans with the appropriate logs.

This means
A) I can refresh my memory about the incident - useful in case of longer term bans where the context is forgotten and I want to be accurate to the event
B) I can present my case in a stronger manner by indicating all the chain of events that were involved or I think were involved, including ones I didn't have the forethought to mention during an investigation

You don't need access to everything we've said about your case to appeal your ban properly. If you need the adminhelp logs for some reason we'll be happy to provide them, but I'm not okay with everything we're saying in asay being public. It's not public facing for a reason. Ahelps for pretty much the same reason.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #85001

Poll needs an "Other (Please describe below)" option.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #85004

And why are you not ok with everything you say in ahelp and asay being made public? If these were your cell phone records or keystrokes, that would be different, but your admining a 2D clown simulator. Are people sharing their PIN numbers over asay or something?
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #85007

Loonikus wrote:And why are you not ok with everything you say in ahelp and asay being made public? If these were your cell phone records or keystrokes, that would be different, but your admining a 2D clown simulator. Are people sharing their PIN numbers over asay or something?
I think it's more so players can put in complaints against other players without fear of retribution from that other player. Or other peer pressures such as "haha look at this loser bringing up genuine issues with other players". I don't see how admin PM logs would help you guys in any way. The player(s) being spoken know full well what is being said, and they can publicise them if they want. How would you feel if all your adminPMs were broadcasted to everyone in the community?

Asay would be scrubbed so admins can discuss things like metagaming without the players knowing we're on to them. Admins already have #adminbus where they can just take all conversations if they wanted to, but for the sake of simplicity why not just let them do it in game.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #85016

Loonikus wrote:And why are you not ok with everything you say in ahelp and asay being made public? If these were your cell phone records or keystrokes, that would be different, but your admining a 2D clown simulator. Are people sharing their PIN numbers over asay or something?
Because let's be honest, not everything that we say in there is going to be something we want players to hear. A lot of it tends to be discussion of player behavior, specific players and tendencies, and (from time to time) server-crashing bugs. I don't like the idea of having to cherry-pick everything I say in asay in the event it might piss a player off.

Ahelp logs don't need to be public because we're concerned about other players using people ahelping as reasons to metagrudge or generally being a dick. Something like "Oh my god he ahelped me for THAT?! What a faggot!" etc. etc.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #85018

Vekter wrote:
oranges wrote:I've discussed this a little with Quartz and others and my position remains the same, all interaction/attack/ooc/chat logs should be public so I can appeal my bans with the appropriate logs.

This means

You don't need access to everything we've said about your case to appeal your ban properly. If you need the adminhelp logs for some reason we'll be happy to provide them, but I'm not okay with everything we're saying in asay being public. It's not public facing for a reason. Ahelps for pretty much the same reason.
I didn't say anything about Ahelp or asay? I don't think either need to be public, I want the interaction attack, ooc and chat logs
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #85026

Oh, okay, definitely. I misunderstood, my bad.
Spoiler:

Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #85027

There is literally no reason to not make asay public.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #85029

Lovecraft wrote:There is literally no reason to not make asay public.
But there are and some of the points have already been posted in this thread.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #85030

Tsaricide wrote:
Read every single one of what you think those points are again and then reread what I wrote until you realize how stupid this all is.
If confused please refer back to this post.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #85032

make it all public
everything
let them all know how much we shit talk them in asay
I play Boris Pepper.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #85033

I don't really understand this "we can't let players know who adminhelped" line of reasoning.

If I beat the clown to death and I get a PM shortly after asking why I beat the clown to death, it's not a wild leap to assume the clown is probably responsible for that adminhelp.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #85035

Vekter wrote:I don't like the idea of having to cherry-pick everything I say in asay in the event it might piss a player off.

Ahelp logs don't need to be public because we're concerned about other players using people ahelping as reasons to metagrudge or generally being a dick. Something like "Oh my god he ahelped me for THAT?! What a faggot!" etc. etc.
Generally it is good practice not to say anything in private that you wouldn't stand by saying in public. If not, maybe ask yourself why, and why it's OK to hold the simultaneous positions of "players shouldn't be allowed to be dicks to players" and "players shouldn't be allowed to see how we're dicks to players"
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #85039

Eh i can understand their reasoning for not wanting to make ahelps public. Asay i dont think we need to see either. Everything else should be public, including what buttons admins push and if they edit anything, make people antag etc.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #85045

I have voted option 2, because I recall a while ago that some headmin was saying that discussion with admins was supposed to be discreet and private between you and the admins. And I support that stance.
I lurk quite often...
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #85046

Ahelps and asay should definitely be private, we want to encourage people to make admin requests and we also want admins to communicate freely about users. I think making Asay public would just force admins to use the irc more, so it doesn't acheive useful transparency there.

The other logs are the ones that should be public. Interaction logs, attack logs, pda logs, ooc, chat and the admin event / button log.
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #85047

Lovecraft wrote:
Tsaricide wrote:
Read every single one of what you think those points are again and then reread what I wrote until you realize how stupid this all is.
I'm not going to even consider your feedback valid if you're not willing to make a point other than "Y-YOU'RE ALL STUPID!".
Spoiler:

Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85048

Alex Crimson wrote: Asay i dont think we need to see either. Everything else should be public, including what buttons admins push and if they edit anything, make people antag etc.
And then you get things taken completely out of context.

HELP: (dude): For some reason my changeling space suit wont work and I died in space pls help
ADMIN has removed dude's changeling!
ADMIN has revived dude!
ADMIN has turned dude into a changeling!
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #85051

Vekter wrote:
Lovecraft wrote:
Tsaricide wrote:
I'm not going to even consider your feedback valid if you're not willing to make a point other than "Y-YOU'RE ALL STUPID!".
This, Lovecraft clearly has no grasp on reality. or at least the many valid points made before his invalid one. I for one am in favor of asay being completely private, as well as Ahelp, If you want to log the logs and make them public, what should be public is everything a ghost observer can see, With maybe a little extra like those bits and bobs you get when someone assembles/detonates bombs and such, And PDA.

I don't want people getting reamed over their tone in Ahelp, being treated like a whiny little bitch for tattling, during some shitlers ban appeal.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #85054

Saegrimr wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote: Asay i dont think we need to see either. Everything else should be public, including what buttons admins push and if they edit anything, make people antag etc.

HELP: (dude): For some reason my changeling space suit wont work and I died in space pls help
ADMIN has revived dude!
I don't think it's a big deal, you can easily discount that if it arises as a complaint and the will look silly and have egg on their face.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #85057

As someone with no horse in the race, I can assure you asay is completely benign.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #85060

Saegrimr wrote:

ADMIN has revived dude!
Then im sure the dumbass who posts an admin complaint with logs taken out of context will get told hard.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #85062

What is the benefit of making asay/ahelp public? What does it achieve?

If a particular set of ahelps is relevent and you don't have them yourself the admins can easily pull them out for you - otherwise it's somewhat sensitive information (ie: they're using asay/help BECAUSE they don't want to be overheard by non admins).

Justify the change that's being proposed, please.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85070

Asay and Ahelp shouldn't be needed, since if you really need to know what badmin mcgee really said to his pet ascendent shadowling when you ahelped it (or whatever) you can use the public logs until you find the spot where it was then ask another admin to pull that section of logs.

Or replace asay and ahelp in the logs with [An admin says something in Asay/Ahelp]
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #85082

Heres the thing...

If you have admin logs without ahelp/apm/asay you see actions without the conversation behind them.

"some new admin has traitor'ed some new admin" has a whole new meaning if its preceded by "some old admin: So some new admin, if you want edit people's antag status, go to their player panel, and click traitor panel. but remember, some antag roles have other steps as well, like dressup, name change, giving uplinks, etc that will show up once you make them. Try it on yourself to see"
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85098

MrStonedOne wrote:
Or usually in my case "How do I use x traitor item?"
"Uhh, i'm not sure lemme spawn one in and test it so you don't waste your TC"

Cue logs of me spawning (in the thunderdome, but it doesn't give locations), and traitoring myself.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #85103

I really don't have much against attack and player logs, or even ban logs. However I think asay and admin PM's, AT THE VERY LEAST, need to stay private. A lot of how we catch people is investigate and detective like work, all of which relies on talking to other admins and asking people "the right questions" in PM's. These methods will become incredibly clear to those who choose to read the logs. And those who don't want to be caught (ban evaders, metacoms etc) WILL read this information and WILL work out ways to trick us or avoid our methods. It'll only make it hard, really.

What I mean is, without the admin logs people are paranoid, WITH the admin logs people will make their own proof from the abundance of info.
As I have said before "Given enough information, one can prove anything" and all we're doing here is giving a huge truck load of information to everyone. EVEN the shit tier singlo spammers.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #85111

Saegrimr, you dont need to traitor yourself to use/test traitor items, I find that argument illogical and I also have to test things sometimes and it requires traitoring.

I mostly support stuff PAS said. If this gets in the way of my evade crusades and makes this already more of a pain, I will be less pleased.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #85119

I don't remember if the radio uplink gives the same stuff as the PDA uplink, and for a good while there c4 wasn't actually named "c4" in the item path. I don't even know what it was.
It was just an example of random shit that happens. Something like changeling powers or culting/rev and invis so I can keep track of cult/rev icons because WHY THE FUCK DON'T WE HAVE AN ANTAG HUD YET, EVEN FOR ADMINS.

I'd rather not have the public logs at all because its basically a non-issue, but having the logs stripped of asay removes much needed context. Whatever bullshit notion of transparency that wasn't needed in the last 5 years is hilarious when we're not the circlejerk group of super friends people might think. I'm pretty sure theres at least 3 other admins who would have no problem calling me out if they suspected me of abusing admin. I mean fuck we gave tedward a massive shit over a stamp that none of the playerbase even saw.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #85129

Saegrimr wrote:Whatever bullshit notion of transparency that wasn't needed in the last 5 years is hilarious when we're not the circlejerk group of super friends people might think.
The fact we're all arguing different opinions on this matter is kinda case in point.
Saegrimr wrote:I'm pretty sure theres at least 3 other admins who would have no problem calling me out if they suspected me of abusing admin. I mean fuck we gave tedward a massive shit over a stamp that none of the playerbase even saw.
Lest we forget the bluespace deadmining of 2014. Which actually would never had happened if not for admins showing stuff.

What I mean is it really won't get rid of "shitmins" by giving logs, that happens anyway. But it will make everyone look like shit mins to those that dislike us. And every admin as someone who dislikes them. No exceptions.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #85132

MrStonedOne wrote:Heres the thing...

If you have admin logs without ahelp/apm/asay you see actions without the conversation behind them.

"some new admin has traitor'ed some new admin" has a whole new meaning if its preceded by "some old admin: So some new admin, if you want edit people's antag status, go to their player panel, and click traitor panel. but remember, some antag roles have other steps as well, like dressup, name change, giving uplinks, etc that will show up once you make them. Try it on yourself to see"
Yeah but "some new admin has traitor'ed some new admin" would be preceded by "some new admin has spawned himself in". If someone spawns themselves into a round, gives themselves a bunch of items, etc and then doesn't have a single interaction with anyone else in the round then it's obvious they were fooling around in Thunderdome.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #85139

Something to consider, the mario incident, remember jon riker? Headmin team of the time just straight up fucked him, And despite player outcry, and even the promise of compiled logs, they never showed.

So there is a precedent for this sort of thing being useful, But I really don't think asay or ahelp would be a good idea, for one, it would spawn very careful admin conversations and not much else, And I don't think it would be useful, and as for ahelps, again I don't want shitlers looking up logs to see who ratted. Most times it's obvious, other times it's not.
And apparently most people feel the same as me, as of right now Logs -ahelp -asay is at 50% and all logs is at like 25.

So most people, not just the admins it would effect simply don't want admin conversations and ahelps to be public.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #85142

Falamazeer wrote: I don't want shitlers looking up logs to see who ratted. Most times it's obvious, other times it's not.
This is actually a very good point I hadn't considered. People ahelping situations will be obvious to everyone and will become the topic of argument.

To put this movement another way, we're going for a policy of 100% open factual raw honesty. And quite frankly, as humans we don't WANT 100% raw honesty in our face. Get a happily married or long term couple to say everything they are thinking to each other and that couple will be no more.
But a lack of honesty and lying does NOT have to mean distrust or mal-intent. To quote Doctor Who: "If I always told you the truth I wouldn't need you to trust me"
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #85156

Yeah, think about beardbeard/flensing/whateverelsenamesheused

That abrasive shithead would look those sorts of things up, and then post them to make fun of whiney diaper babies in hugb-ox spessman crying about how he molested their teddy bear.

I can't find it (probably because it's in the really really old forums) but he did just that in some pastebin logs (about burer) I posted And it wasn't a pleasant experience. Nobody wants the general population to see how salty they were in the heat of the moment.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #85327

/vg/ attempts to rig the vote
10/10
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85357

Post No 10,000,000?
How much shitposting can you even fucking shit out over there?

Also I'm fairly sure MSO or whoever the forum admins are can actually check on the lifespans of the voting accounts. That was how they caught paprika and co making ghost accounts to try and rig a forum vote a while back, I think.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕