Antagonist assigment and excluded jobs

General SS13 Chat
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Antagonist assigment and excluded jobs

Post by CPTANT » #85674

I usually play on a tg based server and I have a question regarding start of round antagonist assignment.

The tg wiki states this:

Antagonist Assignment

Before jobs are assigned, the game will decide who the round antagonists are. A player who would normally have spawned as Security will spawn as a different job instead if they are selected as Antagonist.

This means you can have Security jobs on HIGH without having to worry about never getting antagonist roles.
Is this actually the case on the core tg version of the game?

Because on the derived version I usually play this sure as hell isn't the case and only applies to malf, wizard and nuke ops. When having security set at high you will NEVER get traitor, rev, cult, gang or DA (with a replacing job).
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Antagonist assigment and excluded jobs

Post by Saegrimr » #85678

This was reverted at some point as it was causing shit like malfunctioning assistants and changeling AIs. Usually breaking the round and ending instantly, but there was an odd instance of said assistant running around hacking APCs.
I'm not sure if this was fixed recently or not.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Post by hanshansenhansson » #85680

This should really get fixed. I like playing security/detective, but I love blowing stuff up even more. I doubt I am the only one who does not want to "risk" his antag.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #85681

That sounds like an odd bug, since I don't see why malf, nuke and wizards would have to go through the job selector at all. The rough process should be something like this:

Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #85690

I sent this as a PM after the sec thread was locked to Sometinyprick:

How about the antags that take you out of your job role? Like wizard, to my understanding, job roles are picked first, antag second, But with wizard, and even blob (I think, never been one) it doesn't matter for shit what your job would have been, because NOW you're not sec, you are the wizard.

So my point being, maybe you should be able to roll those special roles while still security, the ones that don't end up with you starting with a baton, badge and gun and an instant win.

Food for thought?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #85691

Falamazeer wrote:I sent this as a PM after the sec thread was locked to Sometinyprick:

How about the antags that take you out of your job role? Like wizard, to my understanding, job roles are picked first, antag second, But with wizard, and even blob (I think, never been one) it doesn't matter for shit what your job would have been, because NOW you're not sec, you are the wizard.

So my point being, maybe you should be able to roll those special roles while still security, the ones that don't end up with you starting with a baton, badge and gun and an instant win.

Food for thought?
You already roll for those, but they are only 10% or so of all available antag spawns.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #85693

Oh sorry, thought I posted the other part too, but apparently no, you don't roll for it

Sometinyprick:
That's a code issue, apparently not an easy one to solve either. However MSO seemed keen on resolving the fact sec can't be any form of antag and said he was going to work on it eventually

Speaking from a long time of exclusive security, Since the antag shift I've never ever pulled any form of antag as ham sammich, Not once.

Maybe the code could allow it if there were ever a time when I got pushed to another roll due to security having too many volunteers, but that's laughable at round start. Not even possible.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #85694

Oh sorry, thought I posted the other part too, but apparently no, you don't roll for it
Sometinyprick wrote: That's a code issue, apparently not an easy one to solve either. However MSO seemed keen on resolving the fact sec can't be any form of antag and said he was going to work on it eventually

Speaking from a long time of exclusive security, Since the antag shift I've never ever pulled any form of antag as ham sammich, Not once.

Maybe the code could allow it if there were ever a time when I got pushed to another roll due to security having too many volunteers, but that's laughable at round start. Not even possible.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #85698

Currently this is who gets to roll for each antagonist type

Everyone: Wizard, Nuke Op, Malf, Abduction

All humans: Blob

All humans except those with implants: Everything else

So yeah you're sacrificing some opportunities to gain antag by setting your settings up in such a way as to give preference to security. Standardizing game mode code a bit so that this isn't the case is something I hope someone (maybe me if needed) can get to during the feature freeze.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #85704

Incoming wrote:Currently this is who gets to roll for each antagonist type

Everyone: Wizard, Nuke Op, Malf, Abduction

All humans: Blob

All humans except those with implants: Everything else

So yeah you're sacrificing some opportunities to gain antag by setting your settings up in such a way as to give preference to security. Standardizing game mode code a bit so that this isn't the case is something I hope someone (maybe me if needed) can get to during the feature freeze.
This is not SOME opportunity, due to the frequency of traitor and ling you are giving up about 90% of chances to be antag.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #85705

Yup. When I last read the thread on game mode probabilities it gave the impression changeling, traitor, and traitorling made up 50% of all rounds.

Add to that your exclusion from double agent, revolutionary, gang, cult, and shadowling.

You're not getting nearly as many shots at antag as everybody else. Yes, you get to fight the antags a lot of the time, and it's some compensation, but it really is a bit annoying that what sounds like a simple fix isn't so easy to implement.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #85712

Saegrimr wrote:This was reverted at some point as it was causing shit like malfunctioning assistants and changeling AIs. Usually breaking the round and ending instantly, but there was an odd instance of said assistant running around hacking APCs.
I'm not sure if this was fixed recently or not.
BRB adding an AI verb to hack the assistants for 100TC. All living assistants gain the ability to hack APCs by ramming their face into it and electrocuting themselves to death (and objectives to do so)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #85804

Saegrimr wrote:but there was an odd instance of said assistant running around hacking APCs.
Irrelevant, but this would be a hilarious admin event to run now and then
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #85809

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:but there was an odd instance of said assistant running around hacking APCs.
Irrelevant, but this would be a hilarious admin event to run now and then
Implying assistants are ever not malfunctioning.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #86057

For anyone who likes playing both antags and security this one's for you.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9364
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #86060

l e g e n d a r y
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #86097

imblyings wrote:l e g e n d a r y
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #86150

Incoming wrote:For anyone who likes playing both antags and security this one's for you.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/9364
Well that was fast.
hanshansenhansson
Byond Username: HansDampf

Post by hanshansenhansson » #86185

Nice