General SS13 Chat
Cimika
Byond Username: Cimika

Re: miner nerf #072095279

Post by Cimika » #566472

Bottom post of the previous page:

XDTM wrote:
Cimika wrote:snip
I agree with the intention of the PR, but the implementation is hard to justify without breaking immersion. As i mentioned in a comment, there is no way a medipen would be designed to lock up in specific pressures if there is no actual downside otherwise, and having to depressurize a room on station seems way too convoluted as an intended use method.
Hence my other suggestion of making the main chem in the mix, lavaland extract, ineffective outside of lavaland, which would make sense given the name, and feels less 'forced' as a balancing mechanism.
I don't think that would be a good idea, firstly because of icebox, secondly because I tried to keep the healing pen mostly the same, except it can be used in niche cases.

I'll also argue that I can change the description to make it use an air needle like the hypospray and say higher air pressure prevents the chemicals from leaving the pen or something. If we allow PKAs to be affected by pressure, why not pens?
Queen of the 2020 Summer Ball
Spoiler:
From the legendary ShadowFlame thread :

Jin
Byond Username: MonkyCocc

Post by Jin » #566474

Shadowflame909 wrote:
Jin wrote:
Ivuchnu wrote:If you feel like miners buy too much pens, raise their price so miners have to mine more before dying to Bubblegum yet another time.
Bubblegum really isn't that hard of a boss, even if you can't stand pretty much still and cheese him like the colossus. The most you'll need is pens for is the 1st phase and maybe a couple for the second if you have bad ping.

Just run straight
okay "gamer who kills megafauna 10 minutes into the round"

smh elitists trying to balance the game around them instead of the casual
It takes you 3 pens and 3 legion cores to kill an ash drake.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #566522

Jin wrote:
Shadowflame909 wrote:
Jin wrote:
Ivuchnu wrote:If you feel like miners buy too much pens, raise their price so miners have to mine more before dying to Bubblegum yet another time.
Bubblegum really isn't that hard of a boss, even if you can't stand pretty much still and cheese him like the colossus. The most you'll need is pens for is the 1st phase and maybe a couple for the second if you have bad ping.

Just run straight
okay "gamer who kills megafauna 10 minutes into the round"

smh elitists trying to balance the game around them instead of the casual
It takes you 3 pens and 3 legion cores to kill an ash drake.
and it takes you 05:00 into ze round with an unupgraded KA

whomstve is truly the outlier here
► Show Spoiler
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #566538

Why do people always insist on removing clearly one of the most enjoyable and fleshed out jobs in the game based on realism, balance, etc.

For realism, literally nothing about this PR is realistic if you want to make that argument, epipens only work in low pressure, ok but why. What is realistic about a research station being destroyed by wizards and attacked by the syndicate for ??? Why are we storing secret documents on a practically unguarded space station that is woefully unequipped because for some reason we are researching already existing shit. We have a literally magical supermatter crystal, space is cold, I mean come on the job is fun let it be fun.

For balance, half of lavalands items are antagonist items, if you want to complain then complain about that shit. It’s baffling to me that people complain about the healing of miners as they risk permadeath in the round, literally everyone with a disabler can flex on a miner miners have almost no range generally, and of course mechs are busted as well, atmos can blow up the entire station in 15 minutes.

Miner is for sure one of the most powerful jobs in the game but it’s not the most powerful and it does so risking permadeath in the round especially now that cloning is gone. People always meme about miners all dying but turn around and say miner is op in another round ignoring the rounds that person died.

Even as one of the most experienced miners I still die or hell get chain stunned by a goliath. But the job is still fun and we play it because it’s pretty much one of three ss13 jobs where you dictate the pace of the game and can take many different paths. Most jobs are a series of actions that take a preset amount of time as you browse the wiki page.

You don’t see me here trying to remove fun bits chemistry as I get shot by a syringe and literally just die with no counterplay to a guy who safely browsed a wiki page or copy pasted recipes in. Either way nerfing miner this way is the literal worst way to go about it, just make the extract only work on lavaland badabing semi realistic way to nerf the medipens as well as letting the normal healing still work on station but without the instantaneous bullshit heal.

Most of this post is not directed at the pr guy just to be clear, just sick of seeing miner hate in this thread.
retired ss13 coderman
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #566539

Realism Station 13
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #566542

Cimika wrote:
I don't think that would be a good idea, firstly because of icebox, secondly because I tried to keep the healing pen mostly the same, except it can be used in niche cases.

I'll also argue that I can change the description to make it use an air needle like the hypospray and say higher air pressure prevents the chemicals from leaving the pen or something. If we allow PKAs to be affected by pressure, why not pens?
literally who cares if miners can use a pen on one specific snowy planet station
retired ss13 coderman
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #566603

validhunting miners deserve the death penalty and i dont care if you ahelp for when i steal all your shit and leave you stranded on lavaland with a plasmacutter
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)