Returning Admins (Vote)

General SS13 Chat

Which, if any of these admins, would you like back?

Scones
17%
Sawrge
11%
Brotemis
16%
No to Scones
8%
No to Sawrge
14%
No to Brotemis
14%
Neutral on Scones
8%
Neutral on Sawrge
6%
Neutral on Brotemis
5%

Total votes: 207

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Returning Admins (Vote)

Post by Oldman Robustin » #101081

Bottom post of the previous page:

Kor wrote:If any admin does that to you just tell them you did it because of the command report/security level alert thing.
If it had gotten to the point where Brotemis was stalking me, looking for reasons to mess with me, do you really think "but Code Blue" was persuasive to him? I also told him that I felt the insulated gloves were the best choice to match the blue/gold trimming of my armor. The problem is that he even bothered to BWOINK me in the first place over such trivial stuff.

I had to either involve a headmin or make a forum post, I don't recall, just to verify that casually backing up your DNA isn't bannable powergayman. Either way I got it resolved, but it's his attitude that concerns me.

One of the upsides of playing lately is I don't feel like I'm looking over my shoulder while I play anymore. I can simply ask "Is this against the rules?" when I'm considering doing something instead of "Could Brotemis use this as a pretense to ban me?"
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #101084

To be fair Captains with insulated gloves should be WGW-tier valid.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #101086

Are their captains gloves not insulated anymore?

Also, Pls don't start making rulings on powergaming in the style of your escalation and sec execution policies.
If you do it will be literately not figuratively why we can't have nice things.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101090

As Oldman said, this happened before they were insulated.

And, I don't think any powergaming rules actually exist. That must have been Brotemis being a shit, if Oldman's account is accurate.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #101093

Only really powergamey rule I can think of was back when you could determine round start by trying to call the shuttle.
And that might be more meta than powergamey really
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #101176

DemonFiren wrote:As Oldman said, this happened before they were insulated.

And, I don't think any powergaming rules actually exist. That must have been Brotemis being a shit, if Oldman's account is accurate.
People couldn't distinguish between powergayman and metagayman, so they just called behavior both, along with a pretty big category of behavior that is neither.

Some retards spread the idea that crew show up at the station like a bunch of fucking amnesiac toddlers who aren't allowed to have any survival skills, station knowledge, or antag knowledge - especially when playing captain or security.

That philosophy largely died out, thank god.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101239

Brotemis and Scones have returned to the admin team as trial admins.

Sawrge has been denied re-admittance. We appreciate his time as an admin and thank him for his service.

Anything else here needs to be discussed as a policy thread or in Brotemis' feedback thread.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you