Who cares what MSO thinks?(The fuck does host mean anymore?)

General SS13 Chat
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Re: Who cares what MSO thinks?(The fuck does host mean anymo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #106836

Bottom post of the previous page:

The server is up. He isn't running away with the money. Turn off your computer for an hour, step outside or something.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #106841

AdenAbrafo wrote:The server is up. He isn't running away with the money. Turn off your computer for an hour, step outside or something.
I only brought it up to dispel this shit:
Ergovisavi wrote:Whoever runs the servers holds the power... MSO could spawn himself as wizard every round and it'd be within his right to do so. I'd quit playing on the server, but it's his every right, and as a result, he has last say on any decision in regards to the server itself, since he holds the keys to it and runs it.

I think people believing that a server is run in some sort of democracy instead of it being a (benign) dictatorship are idiots. For better or worse, MSO's word is law, and that's cool, because he runs the fucking thing we all play on, and if we don't like it, we're free to pack up and leave to hippiestation or whatever.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #106845

Who gives a fuck about the law.

MSO has unqualified rights to do as he pleases because this is a video game that he is hosting the server for.

SoS literally abused this in and out of game frequently thanks to this.

Can we just all be fucking normal human beings who don't have to break out the fucking bill of rights in every discussion.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #106855

Stickymayhem wrote:Who gives a fuck about the law.

MSO has unqualified rights to do as he pleases because this is a video game that he is hosting the server for.

Can we just all be fucking normal human beings who don't have to break out the fucking bill of rights in every discussion.
SoS paid for the servers.

MSO is crowdfunding the servers.

It's not hard to appreciate the difference between paying something and soliciting others to pay for something. When you promise to do something in return for someone else's money, you do not get unqualified rights. Everyone here is a lot happier knowing that MSO isn't one Clinton 2016 election away from going full-SoS or worse, advancing the position that only his personality is holding him back from abusing his position is not a good position to be advancing... especially as a headmin Sticky.

The position that is currently correct,and the one that is best for the future (aka WHY WE HAVE THIS THREAD) is that the host is largely a maintenance role that in return for their service, receives a heightened status on the forums and on administration matters, the ear of the headmins, etc.

Why in the world a Headmin would push the stance of "MSO is literally our god and its only his benevolence that spares us" instead of a more democratic vision of how power is balanced here is just beyond me. MSO is not a god/absolute authority/etc., but as long as a headmin like you takes that stance then he might as well be.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #106890

Why in the world a Headmin would push the stance of "MSO is literally our god and its only his benevolence that spares us"
Because he likes and respects me.

Most people who take the time to get to know me rather then kneejerk do.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #106902

It's not that I don't like ya, I just got out of a rough relationship with another host...
It's not you, it's me!

But honestly I do think you're probably right, I am being a little hasty, a little knee-jerky.
I was just stoked when I came back to no SoS, and thought we wouldn't have to deal with this sort of thing again.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #106912

Are you not feeling the freedom sticky? Need i break out the freedom gifs to?
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #106915

Guys it's not technically crowdfunding since it's donations - which afaik have no legal obligations.

The only obligation he must fufil is the 50 dollar banner one.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107006

MrStonedOne wrote:
Why in the world a Headmin would push the stance of "MSO is literally our god and its only his benevolence that spares us"
Because he likes and respects me.

Most people who take the time to get to know me rather then kneejerk do.
If the world was powered by irony, you would've just given us a lifetime's supply.

First time we crossed paths it was in a thread about coderbus, you called me a powergamer and basically said my arguments were invalid because I was a power gamer. The second time I asked(just once, politely) in Adminhelp to reduce traitor-weighting since I had just endured 4 roundstart macrobombs as HoS, so naturally you toss the HoS a 5 minute ban during evacuation for "being whiny".

Forgive me if I don't have a large reservoir of faith in your steady, reasoned judgment.

But this isn't even about you, or Sticky's opinion of you. If the person who replaces you turns into "that guy" and begins to drive the server into the ground, Sticky's argument is just as valid... if we all agree that even a crowd-funded server is subject to the absolute whims of the resident host, that power would be available to all your successors, and at some point we will be reminded that giving someone absolute authority over the server without any accountability is an awful idea.

This side topic wasn't even raised because I think you're a bad host, but rather I'm just not happy that a couple people are arguing that despite being crowdfunded we're still completely subject to the whims of the host, which isn't even true from a legal perspective... and I'd rather it not be true from a practical perspective either. Of all the things that have changed since I came here, headmins are one of the few things I think has undoubtedly improved and it would be an important symbolic step here to affirm that the elected headmins should have the final say on all /tg/station matters.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #107203

Go find a real normal person and try to explain all of this to them. It really helps to get some fucking perspective. MSO may not be paying but he is putting in a fuckload of time and hard ass work to keep this trainwreck rolling. His power is pretty clearly defined despite what some are saying in this thread, and he is doing a fine job despite the people flinging shit like chimps. Don't be cunts, play your damn space game
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #107304

hahahahah.

New election now.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #107737

Sticky wasn't voted by the players. Got the admin vote.

Anyway I think this is done now.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box