Goonstation's full code got leaked.

General SS13 Chat
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Re: Goonstation's full code got leaked.

Post by Cheridan » #158978

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nexendia wrote:So that makes the code near useless for anyone that branched from tg?
Unfortunately, yes. More unfortunately, "branches forked from /tg/station" includes basically everyone.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #158979

Cheridan wrote:
Nexendia wrote:So that makes the code near useless for anyone that branched from tg?
Unfortunately, yes. More unfortunately, "branches forked from /tg/station" includes basically everyone.
Good thing rules were made to be broken, right?
っぽい
Spoiler:
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #158980

https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... tion_team/
Goon wrote: I am sure many will make a point of yelling "DAMAGE CONTROL", "Fucking GOONLUMINATI" "lol HORSE AFTER THE CART" or something else. The bile poured out at us since the leak has been rather astonishing. We will always have our detractors. However, we hope that people get some use and enjoyment out of this code now that it is out there. We will not be seeking to have any githubs / bitbuckets / codebazaars / internetvaluewarehouses pulled down, so sharing the "leaked" link isn't really going to be an issue. The spam can stop.
Does this imply that they are okay with people using the leaked code? If so does this change /tg/'s postion on using the leaked code due terrorism.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #158981

Does this mean we will see new servers that are forked goon code?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #158987

starmute wrote:Does this imply that they are okay with people using the leaked code? If so does this change /tg/'s postion on using the leaked code due terrorism.
They still probably want everybody involved to choke on an indeterminate amount of cocks, but they're not going to make a huge deal out of it now that its already out and everywhere because they know screaming DELEEETE THIIIIIIIS does literally nothing on the internet.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #158988

The only reason they even released the code was to save face.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #158989

starmute wrote: Does this imply that they are okay with people using the leaked code? If so does this change /tg/'s postion on using the leaked code due terrorism.
Read the rest of the thread. It doesn't matter how "okay with it" they are, that's not how licenses work. If they wanted to officially and legally change the license to not include Share-Alike they would need authorization from everyone who's ever contributed to goonstation.
Wyzack wrote:Does this mean we will see new servers that are forked goon code?
Absolutely.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #158990

From what little I'm aware of licensing can't we just just comment specific code as CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 and still keep our catch all GNU AGPL v3 for everything else?

And don't say "we don't have any premise for having certain code have something other than AGPL v3" cause we do. Tgui is CC BY-SA 4.0.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #158992

Incoming wrote:From what little I'm aware of licensing can't we just just comment specific code as CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 and still keep our catch all GNU AGPL v3 for everything else?

And don't say "we don't have any premise for having certain code have something other than AGPL v3" cause we do. Tgui is CC BY-SA 4.0.
Not accurate. The assets are CC BY-SA, same as most of our assets.

The clientside code is licensed under MIT. MIT is compatible with AGPL. MIT has very few restrictions and therefore has great license compatibility.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/14933
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #159000

So uh, since I know nothing about this license stuff, what happens if you just ignore the license incompatibilities and incorporate their code?

In reality though I assume it would be more logical (if not more practical due to code differences/incompatibilities) to write new code based off what we see in gooncode?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #159002

Highly trained teams of legal ninja's from the EFF swoop in your window and you sword fight them to the death.

If you're skilled enough to beat them stallmanu himself will come down on a ray of light and fight you with the gnu.

in all honesty probably nothing but we should avoid it anyway.
The Ultimate Chimera
Byond Username: The Ultimate Chimera

Post by The Ultimate Chimera » #159010

I wonder how he leaked it. :o
Your sins are not to be forgiven. Pain and regrets are waiting for you.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #159011

Goon coder had their password leaked, so the hacker found it, logged in, and got the code.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159012

Zilenan91 wrote:The only reason they even released the code was to save face.
Or maybe they realised there's no point closing the barn doors when the horse has already bolted.

Not everyone is a whiney pathetic cry baby, zilenan
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #159034

lumipharon wrote:So uh, since I know nothing about this license stuff, what happens if you just ignore the license incompatibilities and incorporate their code?
someone can sue you for violating a license and will probably win the case

it is unlikely to happen but we don't use licenses for nothing
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #159035

Highlight of my year
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #159109

I get some sort of sadistic satisfaction from this. Smug goon bastards
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #159110

Goon Mining for /tg/ when?

Just say you took 'inspiration' from the goon code.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #159114

Steelpoint wrote:Goon Mining for /tg/ when?

Just say you took 'inspiration' from the goon code.
its on my todo list, a mashup of tg and goon mining
Smeller
Byond Username: Smeller

Post by Smeller » #159124

Waiting for Lifeweb code leak 2022 now
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #159128

"borrow" all the terrain assets so we can start making our away missions look less ass.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #159131

MMMiracles wrote:"borrow" all the terrain assets so we can start making our away missions look less ass.
So much good stuff, don't even know where to begin.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #159133

Haha nope sorry.
sprite's aren't compatible either.

we can take literally nothing from this codebase.

(I mean technically the *IDEAS* are easier to get from the code/sprites than from playing goon, but we could already take the ideas)
私は完璧
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #159134

Cheridan wrote:It is licensed under CC BY NC SA. The SA part means Share-Alike, which is a requirement that all derivatives of the licensed material be licensed under the same license. The license we use for our code is AGPL, which is not compatible with CC BY NC SA.

HOWEVER, our art assets are already licensed as CC BY NC SA, which is compatible with AGPL as they are not technically required for compiling the product. Meaning that we can freely incorporate any sprites in the release.
So does that mean we can use all the Wraith sprites/UI and apply it to Revenant?
Remie Richards wrote:Haha nope sorry.
sprite's aren't compatible either.

we can take literally nothing from this codebase.

(I mean technically the *IDEAS* are easier to get from the code/sprites than from playing goon, but we could already take the ideas)
How the fuck are Sprites not compatible?
Last edited by Helios on Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #159137

Cheridan was wrong, ours are CC BY SA, not CC BY NC SA, because for whatever reason we allow people to sell our sprites.
this is woefully not compatible with CC BY NC SA, which does /not/ allow selling of material.
私は完璧
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #159138

I cry.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #159139

So, can't we just change our license somehow?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #159140

Remie Richards wrote:Cheridan was wrong, ours are CC BY SA, not CC BY NC SA, because for whatever reason we allow people to sell our sprites.
this is woefully not compatible with CC BY NC SA, which does /not/ allow selling of material.
Dumb question, but is there a way to transition from CC BY SA, to CC BY NC SA?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #159141

DemonFiren wrote:So, can't we just change our license somehow?
Helios wrote: Dumb question, but is there a way to transition from CC BY SA, to CC BY NC SA?
That's what I'm looking in to.
to see if we can draw a line in the sand as it were.

We can't relicense the assets we already have, as that would require gathering anyone who as ever sprited for tg, and asking them to agree.

But I haven't yet found anything stopping us saying
"All assets prior to 03/03/2016 are licensed as CC BY SA, all assets after this date are licensed as CC BY NC SA, unless otherwise stated"

We have a similar line in the sand for when we went from GPL -> AGPL.
私は完璧
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #159145

Remie Richards wrote:Cheridan was wrong, ours are CC BY SA, not CC BY NC SA, because for whatever reason we allow people to sell our sprites.
I don't really see why we couldn't use CC BY NC SA sprites since our license is just a more permissive version of the same license. Just keep a readme somewhere of icon(states) that can't be commercialized.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #159147

Incoming wrote:
I don't really see why we couldn't use CC BY NC SA sprites since our license is just a more permissive version of the same license. Just keep a readme somewhere of icon(states) that can't be commercialized.
No, it's explicitly stated those two are not compatible.
I'm leaving what we have as CC BY SA, but I'm going to make everything in the FUTURE CC BY NC SA, so we *can* use goon sprites/sounds, if we want (and also because selling other people's sounds/sprites is dumb)

Edit: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/15903
私は完璧
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #159152

Is this because of Erro selling ian mugs?
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #159153

Malkevin wrote:Is this because of Erro selling ian mugs?
No.

and Erro can continue to sell those mugs if he chooses, given that the Ian sprite will remain CC-BY-SA.
私は完璧
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #159154

Malkevin wrote:Is this because of Erro selling ian mugs?
No.

and Erro can continue to sell those mugs if he chooses, given that the Ian sprite will remain CC-BY-SA.
私は完璧
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #159168

public domain everything
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #159180

Cheridan wrote:Good news, everyone! Goon has made a full public release of their code in response to the leak!
where actually is this release because i can't fuckin' find it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #159246

It was taken down pending a new release which has the code and assets from the devs who don't agree to the release being removed or remade.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #159258

They posted it on the /r/SS13 on digg. Many Developers for SS13 servers post there often.

Here's a link to the Goon teams 'official' announcement on the issue, as well as a link in the comments to their official code release: https://www.digg.com/r/SS13/comments/ ... tion_team/
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #159273

Jordie0608 wrote:the code and assets from the devs who don't agree to the release being removed or remade.
what's the point of this with the leak out there?
Spoiler:
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #159331

Ricotez wrote:
Jordie0608 wrote:the code and assets from the devs who don't agree to the release being removed or remade.
Respecting the wishes of content creators.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #159334

Cheridan wrote:
Ricotez wrote:
Respecting the wishes of content creators.
I mean what is the point of content creators objecting against having their stuff in the official release if it's in the leak anyway?
Spoiler:
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #159338

¯\(°_o)/¯

Presumably most codebases with scruples would decline using leaked material, as we do.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #159938

lol
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #159942

nothing got scrubbed from the re-re-release except server specific key stuff that literally only pertains to hosting the LLJK servers, guys
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #160298

Ricotez wrote:I mean what is the point of content creators objecting against having their stuff in the official release if it's in the leak anyway?
Also the leak was not-quite-functional so the goon devs patched up the broken bits.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #160306

by the way, having sprites with a different content license is probably fine as long as the images with the more specific license are attributed clearly.

The CC licenses are not like the GPL in that they don't infect other works (other than derivatives) around them.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #160424

Licensing is confusing, weird, and due to the sordid history of the codebase probably irrelevant. Personal I like my experiences on goon code. I just cant stand the players or their hilariously explotible AI rules. Oh and you had to be an admins but-buddy to become Hos due to MUH GUNS. Their blob mode is good, add it to the shameless ripoff pool. Most of the secret shit was just a wired code meme surpassed by the rest of science powerecreep. oh and they still have original bombcode with silly caps so making ridiculous station killers is braindead easy.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #160574

Yeah they don't have caps on canister bombs so you can crash the server by setting off a bunch of those at once.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ExGame
Byond Username: ExGame

Post by ExGame » #161800

Taking a farty 2D spaceman simulator game to reallife court would be hilarious.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #161880

So I went digging through their code for the chem recipes, honestly I don't get why they aren't just up on the wiki, the shit needed to make half of them is game mode specific and even then absurdly hard to make, for example in order to make a werewolf serum there must already be a werewolf on the station in the first place.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #161910

Gibe recipies pls
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz