>conversion modes

General SS13 Chat
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: >conversion modes

Post by D&B » #298875

Bottom post of the previous page:

Dr_bee wrote:there is an easy counter-play that you could have done instead of murdering an entire department worth of people.

You could have just confiscated things you dimwit.

It is hard to make bombs with no TTVs, it is REALLY hard to make guns with no firing pins.

Borgs can be very easily destroyed if you steal the robotics console from the RD's office, and you can also use it to tell if they are rat-var'd or not.

For shits sake, ROLEPLAY A COP A LITTLE. Nanotrasan security are supposed to be elite law enforcers not god-damned mass murderers for hire.

the "they might have been antags" excuse is shit and you know it. This server used to actually hold security to some kind of standard.
>Consficate slimes, TTVs, The RnD boards and mech fabricators, and gas canisters so they don't superheat them and release near the brig

Or

>Follow my orders and make sure the department is secured until we can safely clone, deconvert and implant

:?:
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #298880

D&B wrote: >Follow my orders and make sure the department is secured until we can safely clone, deconvert and implant
Only works if you actually clone them you shithead
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #298883

D&B wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:there is an easy counter-play that you could have done instead of murdering an entire department worth of people.

It is hard to make bombs with no TTVs, it is REALLY hard to make guns with no firing pins.

Borgs can be very easily destroyed if you steal the robotics console from the RD's office, and you can also use it to tell if they are rat-var'd or not.

For shits sake, ROLEPLAY A COP A LITTLE. Nanotrasan security are supposed to be elite law enforcers not god-damned mass murderers for hire.

the "they might have been antags" excuse is shit and you know it. This server used to actually hold security to some kind of standard.
>Consficate slimes, TTVs, The RnD boards and mech fabricators, and gas canisters so they don't superheat them and release near the brig

Or

>Follow my orders and make sure the department is secured until we can safely clone, deconvert and implant

Or go in with god damn officers and act like cops. for shits sake. maybe you need to stop playing security for awhile.

you dont get good stories by being a murderous asshole, and "kill and clone" is still murdering people who you dont know are guilty or not, and is something a fucking psychopath would no, not a self respecting police officer.

Maybe you need to not play security for a bit.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #298885

Dr_bee wrote:
D&B wrote:

Or

Or go in with god damn officers and act like cops. for shits sake. maybe you need to stop playing security for awhile.

you dont get good stories by being a murderous asshole, and "kill and clone" is still murdering people who you dont know are guilty or not, and is something a fucking psychopath would no, not a self respecting police officer.

you have no idea what you're talking about
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #298887

Atlanta-Ned wrote:
D&B wrote: >Follow my orders and make sure the department is secured until we can safely clone, deconvert and implant
Only works if you actually clone them you shithead
"Don't move from the brig until everything is cleared up"

"Drop the guard on the bridge and go clone them even though you have ic order and reason to stay in the bridge and defend"

So what the fuck do you actually want me to do. You order me to stay in the brig and then when everything is tits up I'm supposed to drop everything and fuck everyone over just to do your bidding?

Just fucking ghost me and take over my character then
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #298947

Say it with me everyone, TG station 13!
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #298950

if your against removing conversion modes you are actually worse than me
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #298953

Dr_bee wrote:[snip]
Stop posting
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #298991

Sligneris wrote:
Stop posting
well I tried to frame it from a roleplaying perspective but I forgot none of you do that on this server, because muh TDM.

To put it in another perspective, The line of thinking that is being displayed it basically taken verbatim from the Shitcurity section of the wiki.

https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Shitcurity

namely "When in doubt, whoever you may be dealing with is a traitor. Execute him. "

Now I know the wiki isnt exactly binding but if these behaviors are disliked enough to have an entire section on what NOT to do, maybe you should think twice about doing them.

there is being gestapo sec, and then there is being WORSE than cultists. A cult will at least have the decency to brainwash you and let you keep playing.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #298993

Dr_bee wrote:
Sligneris wrote:
Stop posting
A cult will at least have the decency to brainwash you and let you keep playing.
lie of the century
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #299137

I mean its cult. Cult is complete horseshit and while he didnt need to kill them why shouldn't he?
cults are literally the "If you suspect someone is a cultist and you dont have implants, beat them in the head to death or deconversion (Is that even still possible for cultists?)" gamemodes because once they get their memeball rolling thats literally the only way to contain them without a fully-armed, full-sized, co-ordinated sec team. (b e y o n d t h e i m p o s s i b l e)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #299141

everyone could be cults, why dont we just activate the nuke at the first sign of cult activity and kill them all?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #299143

Its far easier to just kill them all and let god sort them out.

More accurately its easier to just arrest the entire department, drag them to the brig, and then take anything not nailed down to the brig as well.

E: Also the only way to deconvert a cultist is to get them drunk on holy water. Better hope the Chaplain is alive or you have cargo access or else that sec body count is going to rise hard.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #299173

Steelpoint wrote:More accurately its easier to just arrest the entire department, drag them to the brig, and then take anything not nailed down to the brig as well.
Except that you can only arrest so many people at a time. Arresting an entire department is not feasible, because once you get one or two, you'll have to repeatedly come to the brig and back to look for the others.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #299177

Kel wrote:everyone could be cults, why dont we just activate the nuke at the first sign of cult activity and kill them all?
That is basically what the 22 minute red alert shuttle is.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #299235

Is it acceptable policy-wise to just barricade up/fight back against sec if they go full nazi? So if they act like shit they just end up making noncultists enemies as well.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #299236

The most annoying part of some conversion modes is when you know the rest of your department are all turned, but you're still not.

Guys. Hurry up and invite me to the fun. I know you keep letting those random people in then going into maint. I don't care enough to fight you about it but if you don't hurry up I'll end up having to call security.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #299247

XDTM wrote:Is it acceptable policy-wise to just barricade up/fight back against sec if they go full nazi? So if they act like shit they just end up making noncultists enemies as well.
I would think it's an IC issue. Just don't ahelp when I treat you like space law says I may treat enemies of the corporation, which is a summary execution and a burden off my mind as that's one less person I have to worry about being a cultist or not.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299253

John_Oxford wrote:if your against removing conversion modes you are actually worse than me
Ok

Real talk how can people actually believe gouging half the modes we have just because sometimes people get dunked and they get mad would improve the game? You have to be fucking retarded if you don't believe that conversion modes offer some much needed variety into the incredibly stale dynamics of regular modes.

Clockcuck is the only mode that really needs to go, not because it's conversion but because it's a complete overcomplicated mess with the worst feature bloat of any mode we've ever had. Everything else is, love it or hate it, pretty fairly balanced. Revs have no special gear except fast conversion, cult is only effective in melee and in their own bases, and gang is weird and undergoing big changes so no comment.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #299254

rev is the only good game mode in this game
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #299257

Cult is good too don't you shit-talk Narssy
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #299279

ShadowDimentio wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:if your against removing conversion modes you are actually worse than me
Ok

Real talk how can people actually believe gouging half the modes we have just because sometimes people get dunked and they get mad would improve the game? You have to be fucking retarded if you don't believe that conversion modes offer some much needed variety into the incredibly stale dynamics of regular modes.

Clockcuck is the only mode that really needs to go, not because it's conversion but because it's a complete overcomplicated mess with the worst feature bloat of any mode we've ever had. Everything else is, love it or hate it, pretty fairly balanced. Revs have no special gear except fast conversion, cult is only effective in melee and in their own bases, and gang is weird and undergoing big changes so no comment.
for once shadow has a point
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #301200

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Ok

gang and clockcult need to go

rev and cult need to have their quota cut a bit, but otherwise are still fun to break up the traitor mechanics every now and again.

we need some more antags that can fit in a traitor round, so we can do more than just traitorchan
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #301203

Wasn't someone working on heists and stuff to work as more challenging traitor objectives? It would be fun to see more stuff like that.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #301210

captain sawrge wrote:Wasn't someone working on heists and stuff to work as more challenging traitor objectives? It would be fun to see more stuff like that.
robustin was and that shit looked fun
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301532

Shadowling shill post
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #301537

shadowling should be put back in the game take clockcult back out even buggy broken sling is preferable and sometimes it was fun in a goofy way

steal heist from bay/polaris too
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #301539

>OP posts a textbook example of how bad our Sec policy has become
>Tries to blame the mode for it

Hmmm.

Nothing about what you posted is unique to to any mode. Everything outside of extended can have multiple antags in the same department and replay the exact scenario you described. It even less excusable for cult because you can quickly make an assessment as to whether someone is a cultist whereas traitors/lings/revs can be almost indistinguishable.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #301541

Dr_bee wrote:
D&B wrote:

Or

it takes being within 1 tile of a single cultist who isnt completely fucking retarded to die when youre a lone officer, red paper fits everywhere and is instant. The problem isnt that sec isnt capable of dealing with a cult nonlethally, its that theyre often undermanned or picked off.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #301547

Oldman Robustin wrote:>OP posts a textbook example of how bad our Sec policy has become

Hmmm.

Nothing about what you posted is unique to to any mode. Everything outside of extended can have multiple antags in the same department and replay the exact scenario you described. It even less excusable for cult because you can quickly make an assessment as to whether someone is a cultist whereas traitors/lings/revs can be almost indistinguishable.
at least he didn't try to remove the entire sec department for one gamemode
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #301574

Kraso wrote:
Oldman Robustin wrote:>OP posts a textbook example of how bad our Sec policy has become

Hmmm.

at least he didn't try to remove the entire sec department for one gamemode
Stop, he's already dead
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #302063

I have heists about 70% coded but it went stale after I couldn't effectively test it due to how awful our traitor objective system is. I mean it works reliably but you can't fucking touch any of that code without something breaking.

Murdering a cultist and searching a cultist are the exact same fucking setup. You stun, follow up with baton (14s stun) then you either click them for 10 seconds or turn out their bag/pockets for 5 seconds.

If you find cult shit in their pockets and bag, all you gave up was 5 seconds of murder to confirm you're not killing innocent people - only in absolute crisis mode should security be willing to take someone out of the game for 10-40+ minutes because they couldn't be bothered to search you first.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #302341

Oldman Robustin wrote:I have heists about 70% coded but it went stale after I couldn't effectively test it due to how awful our traitor objective system is. I mean it works reliably but you can't fucking touch any of that code without something breaking.
if you have admin on your test server then you can manually give obejctives
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #302362

oranges wrote:gang and clockcult need to go

rev and cult need to have their quota cut a bit, but otherwise are still fun to break up the traitor mechanics every now and again.

we need some more antags that can fit in a traitor round, so we can do more than just traitorchan
I'm okay with sacrificing gang and clockcuck but rev and cult are both fun and should have their odds increased not decreased, traitor is a good mode but jesus christ it's all you roll some days and it's a total snorefest to get five traitor rounds in a row with no breaks.

Traitorchan is fucking awful though, lings are stupid and need to go.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #302363

lings r fun

killing all of sec is !fun!

killing all the heads is !!fun!!

recalling over and over and killing the entire station on lowpop is !!!fun!!!
Segmented
Byond Username: SegmentedOdin

Post by Segmented » #302553

Dr_bee wrote:For shits sake, ROLEPLAY A COP A LITTLE. Nanotrasan security are supposed to be elite law enforcers not god-damned mass murderers for hire.

People don't wanna roleplay, they want to see 2D sprites go horizontal. Can you imagine what would happen if the admins decided to enforce Space Law?

Winning is more important than anything else. For all the memes about >greentext, a lot of people really hate seeing people "against" them get it.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #302576

I'm sure there's a bit more than winning, being able to play the game, dying on your own terms, finishing a project, enjoying an impromptu experience e.g. being a miner with a close-knit mining team.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #302580

Honestly I think round chances are the solution to all our problems with conversion modes
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes