NO, it is not worth trying out
12%

Total votes: 180

Spacemanspark
Byond Username: Spacemanspark

Re: [POLL]Config Poll: Enforce Human Authority

Post by Spacemanspark » #28036

Bottom post of the previous page:

Incomptinence wrote:... it looks like bay are rejecting it because space racists are quite valid on bay, well they will get beaten up that is. With baymed and being an asshole leading to maybe getting refused treatment that seems potentially round ruining for the pretend racist.
They don't get beaten up on Baystation, just yelled at.
If you want to get gangbanged by a cat/ lizard squad for being a spiecest, that's Paradise.
Spoiler:
Anywhom, more on topic, I voted yes. The hilarity that will ensue from all this is gonna be good.
:^)
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Re: Config Poll: Enforce Human Authority

Post by Kraso » #28058

Cipher3 wrote:
Kraso wrote:
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Can somebody explain to me how lack of lizards in command positions is gonna add ANYTHING?

And that's decided by a vote in which less people participated than there sometimes most of the time are in a single round?

Are you out of your fucking minds, people?
Any Monty Python reference is a golden argument swallow/swallow
I literally did not understand what you meant by "golden argument swallow/swallow"
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #28065

Kraso wrote:
Cipher3 wrote:
Kraso wrote:
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Can somebody explain to me how lack of lizards in command positions is gonna add ANYTHING?

And that's decided by a vote in which less people participated than there sometimes most of the time are in a single round?

Are you out of your fucking minds, people?
Any Monty Python reference is a golden argument swallow/swallow
I literally did not understand what you meant by "golden argument swallow/swallow"
African or European?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #28066

Scott wrote:You should also make the opposite of this, where Lizards are the only ones allowed to take on security and command roles, because why not.
That would be hilarious in rev
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #28071

Malkevin wrote:
Scott wrote:You should also make the opposite of this, where Lizards are the only ones allowed to take on security and command roles, because why not.
>subvert the AI >"security and heads are not human"

LAWS UPDATED: NOTHING HAS CHANGED
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #28072

cedarbridge wrote:
Malkevin wrote:

Except they are no longer bound by law 1 for the heads and security.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #28075

Who were already non-human lizard people, so therefore the change was redundant
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #28076

QuartzCrystal wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
Malkevin wrote:

Except they are no longer bound by law 1 for the heads and security.
And they never were from the start.

Pre-"heads are not human" law - Lizards aren't human. Law 1 doesn't apply
Post-"heads are not human" law - Lizards (who are also the heads of staff) aren't human. Law 1 doesn't apply.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #28081

All non-humans get law 1 protection until they prove themselves harmful to humans. Technically, non-humaning laws shouldn't be all that effective until the ai sees them harming a confirmed human.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #28086

To clarify, lizards are not human and they are not protected by Asimov's Law 1

But they are protected by the Server's Rule 1. You can't grief them like you can't grief other humans as a human.

This is the simplest way to explain it without getting into all the implications of using some arbitrary exception in asimov definitions.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #28095

Ikarrus wrote:To clarify, lizards are not human and they are not protected by Asimov's Law 1

But they are protected by the Server's Rule 1. You can't grief them like you can't grief other humans as a human.

This is the simplest way to explain it without getting into all the implications of using some arbitrary exception in asimov definitions.
Of course all it takes is someone to PDA the AI with an order to kill all the lizard people to lift that Rule 1 restraint, the onus then falls onto the PDAer for it to be valid (i.e. the PDAer better be an antag or the PDAer is getting banned).
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #28195

Ikarrus wrote:To clarify, lizards are not human and they are not protected by Asimov's Law 1

I think the extension to this is: law changes can/usually do remove that server rule 1/law 1 protection.

If I de-human somebody via AI law change, the AI is not required to not harm that person anymore via law 1 nor by server policy requiring harm before harming. At least that's the impression I'm getting from admin statements on the policy.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28208

As far as I'm concerned, this will only decrease the amount of people who play command and security and proclaim lizards as greytiders by default. I fail to see what good will come out of it. Most of the posts in this thread come down to "hue hue hue we r so hilarious let's do eet".

Seriously, what the fuck is beneficial that comes from this?
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #28293

Violaceus wrote:Race purity among commanding officers.

Seriously, I understand people playing elves or dwarves in rpgs, because they are basically mixes of some human traits taken up to eleven.

But space lizards? Catfolk?? It smells for miles for furfaggotry. Don't betray humankind and play as human.
Lo6a4evskiy wrote:Most of the posts in this thread come down to "hue hue hue we r so hilarious let's do eet".
Thank you for confirming my point.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #29787

Enforce Human Authority appears to be enabled on Sybil at the moment.

Let us know how it plays out.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #60408

Human Authority was recently disabled on Sybil.

A sad day.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #60410

SoS needs to stop fucking with configs pls
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #60412

are you serious
no coincidence sos plays a lizard r-right
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #60413

Whatever sos plays gets buffed apparently

Assistants getting maint, sec losing maint, lizards getting heads of staff
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60415

Down with skin shedders!
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60429

The big problem with lizard heads is that they sign up as captain/spawn as captain and immediately rush the upload to human all the lizards. And don't bother to Arr Pee beyond "Master race lizards :^)"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #60445

Thats not quite true. I played a shift as HoP with a lizard captain. The AI refused to listen to it and had to get me to upload a law. It actually gave a nice bit of RP to the situation.

My only issue is that with any other heads being lizards is they're not protected at all and therefore risk being able to remove a head, pretty legitimately, very early on in a round.

I'd move to enable this again.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #60447

Rev must be hilarious with this.
"AI, crush the lizard RD in the door until vital signs cease".
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #60606

peoplearestrange wrote:Thats not quite true. I played a shift as HoP with a lizard captain. The AI refused to listen to it and had to get me to upload a law. It actually gave a nice bit of RP to the situation.

My only issue is that with any other heads being lizards is they're not protected at all and therefore risk being able to remove a head, pretty legitimately, very early on in a round.

That AI should have been ahelp'd then, because it can't shit on lizards just because they're lizards.

Even worse that it shit on a head of staff.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60607

Make a poll and lets see where people stand on this issue these days and we'll see to accommodating the community.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #60619

We already had a poll

Don't fucking change configs until another poll goes through, that's how this is supposed to work
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60621

I don't think any of the headmins did it. We log our remote connections to the server.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #60623

We already know who did it ikarrus read the last page
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #60625

SoS "We're trying new things."

SoS "there is a poll up (then links me to this page)"

SoS "Please accept lizards as non sub-human scum"
Last edited by Bombadil on Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #60626

paprika wrote:We already had a poll

Don't fucking change configs until another poll goes through, that's how this is supposed to work
>paprika complaining about things happening against a poll
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #60627

Stickymayhem wrote:
paprika wrote:We already had a poll

>paprika complaining about things happening against a poll
He is pretty hypocritical
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #60628

Jeb wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:Thats not quite true. I played a shift as HoP with a lizard captain. The AI refused to listen to it and had to get me to upload a law. It actually gave a nice bit of RP to the situation.

That AI should have been ahelp'd then, because it can't shit on lizards just because they're lizards.

Even worse that it shit on a head of staff.
Jeb do you even know the rules of this server?
Policy is that it can't kill them for no reason, it can still freely ignore them, and probably even kill them if they attempt to subvert it.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #60632

As long as we have asimov as-is playing as lizard is going to be a handicap.

And the racism config option actually protects the round by not having heads so easily killed.

So seriously here if you want to convince SoS to change it back start another poll. You can't really use this old one anymore because opinions may change over time.

He's said he doesn't want to change things just because people are loud about it. If you show its what the community wants -as a whole- I'm confident he'll have no problems with us changing it back.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?