[POLL] Traitor Objective Count

General SS13 Chat

What would you like the number of objectives-per-traitor to be?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:13 pm

One (Old Setting)
22%
One (Old Setting)
22%
One (Old Setting)
22%
Two (Current Setting)
11%
Two (Current Setting)
11%
Two (Current Setting)
11%
No Opinion
1%
No Opinion
1%
No Opinion
1%

Total votes: 102

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

[POLL] Traitor Objective Count

Post by Ikarrus » #37499

Does anyone else miss the days when we only had one objective to worry about? I feel that two makes it too difficult to work with and would just encourage players to ignore them altogether. I sure as hell find it hard to even bother.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Re: Traitor Objective Count

Post by Incoming » #37500

One for default, allow traitors to take on additional randomized missions for extra TC/Glory
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37501

Incoming wrote:One for default, allow traitors to take on additional randomized missions for extra TC/Glory
I like this
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #37504

Violaceus wrote:Then everyone would take bonus TC, wanting to fulfill second objective or not.

It would work better in this way:
1. You have a mission
2. You fulfill that mission
3. You get bonus TC
4. You have second mission assigned
How do you want to fulfill stopping someone from escaping or escaping alone or actually almost every traitor objective if they get finished at end of round?
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #37505

The objective system is inherently flawed currently because it's based purely on RNG and not on the actual difficulty of any one objective. You can still get STEAL AI, ASSASSINATE THE CAPTAIN, ESCAPE ALONE depending on how the RNG is feeling.

Objectives need to work on a sort of point-buy system, where you can either get 1 really hard objective, or a number of very easy objectives. The framework's there but I just haven't had the time to finish out the system.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
KingLouisXIV
Byond Username: KingLouisXIV

Post by KingLouisXIV » #37523

Cheridan wrote:The objective system is inherently flawed currently because it's based purely on RNG and not on the actual difficulty of any one objective. You can still get STEAL AI, ASSASSINATE THE CAPTAIN, ESCAPE ALONE depending on how the RNG is feeling.

Objectives need to work on a sort of point-buy system, where you can either get 1 really hard objective, or a number of very easy objectives. The framework's there but I just haven't had the time to finish out the system.
This sounds like a great concept.

I also like Incoming's idea, though we would have to have checks before the round end for greentext. As far as I'm aware, the game only checks your objectives at the end of the game, determining what you have in your contents / who is dead or alive / where your mob is. Taking extra objectives for glory+TC before any objectives are actually done is a bad system begging to be abused.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #37533

Five.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #37552

I dont see the problem with more than one objective as it means if you get something like Steal the AI you've got another objective to focus on, instead of how it used to be where you'd think 'Fuck that, time to murderbone'
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37561

Malkevin wrote:I dont see the problem with more than one objective as it means if you get something like Steal the AI you've got another objective to focus on, instead of how it used to be where you'd think 'Fuck that, time to murderbone'
That never stopped anyone who didn't care about objectives anyways. And if you make them too hard that is what they will just do anyways.

As someone who does want to do their objectives though, I feel that two is too many.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #37611

As long as single objectives become harder (or the easier ones are removed) and more of them are added I can get behind the change.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #37635

The max objections a traitor should get is 5 (besides evade capture of course) and no added TC for completing objections or anything. Basically the only thing that should change is the increased of objection list. Reason being is if you num nuts hasn't noticed after the round changes it checks for if the objection has been met. You very well can't "complete" a objection just to see that bastard you killed come back to life, kill him again and more TC.

Maybe the poor bastard with 4 or 5 objections is more inclined to receive support from Syndi Command via emagged comms console. Like needing dat disk and after murdering the Captain, HoP and HoS none of them has the disk or pin pointer. Syndi Command hopefully does a one time teleport of a pin pointer within the area of the traitor. Shit can be indoors or outside the fucking window in space.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37649

Until we get a better system for assigning objectives (which may never actually be coded like so many ideas) I'll ask SOS to knock it down to one objective.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #37785

Just one? Not 2 or 3?
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #37787

It's easier to ask for another objective than to look like a bitch and ask to have one removed.

That said, I personally prefer two, but that's only because I got bored of single objectives a long while ago.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #37912

Considering recent station culture, this will probably just increase the sort of dull murderboning that happens anyway from those that don't care about objectives. "Steal plasma" will turn into "Grab plasma then murderbone/hide-in-locker." I'd wager the number of people asking for additional objectives will be very small.
Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37925

cedarbridge wrote:"Steal plasma" will turn into "Grab plasma then murderbone/hide-in-locker."
As opposed to "My objectives are bullshit, start the murderboner immediately"? It won't matter to the people who ignore objectives altogether how many objectives they get. The point here is setting a goal that is reasonably achievable.

I am of the opinion that objective-traitors contribute more to the game than murderboner-traitors. And I feel that what we ask from objective-traitors is too much.

I also seemed to have inadvertently nuked the poll. Please excuse me.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
bockman22
Byond Username: Bockman22

Re: [POLL] Traitor Objective Count

Post by bockman22 » #37947

I like single objectives, It allows me to fuck with people during and after getting the shit. I fuck with people and places to get the shuttle called then planning on every objective.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38026

Ikarrus wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:"Steal plasma" will turn into "Grab plasma then murderbone/hide-in-locker."
As opposed to "My objectives are bullshit, start the murderboner immediately"? It won't matter to the people who ignore objectives altogether how many objectives they get. The point here is setting a goal that is reasonably achievable.

I am of the opinion that objective-traitors contribute more to the game than murderboner-traitors. And I feel that what we ask from objective-traitors is too much.

I also seemed to have inadvertently nuked the poll. Please excuse me.
Two specific murders, two item thefts or a mixture of the two is asking too much? Nerds need to get good.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #38214

I like the idea of multiple easy tasks or one hard task, even opening the option for aditional tasks for those extra robust.

Personally I didn't enjoy myself the last time I was chef and was tasked with stealing shit from the captain and killing the HoS.
I'm not a murderboner player, but I came close to consider going murderboner the only way to victory.
CSPAN
Byond Username: CSPAN

Post by CSPAN » #38289

I like having multiple objectives because it creates a higher chance for supremely difficult gameplay. Any single objective (with the obvious exceptions of escaping alone/steal the ai) can generally be accomplished without getting caught or even suspected of the crime if one knows what they're doing. The second objective can either make or break a traitors gameplan, depending on how hard it is.
Player of: Jay Bodega
Kuraudo
Byond Username: Arumashi

Post by Kuraudo » #38439

In such a populated server, one objective is enough.
"He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are brigged."