General SS13 Chat
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127249

Bottom post of the previous page:

if you put them into a human then you can get xeno powers like acid spit and other things
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #127259

The best one to implant is the hive node - lets you use the hive mind chat the xenos use and makes you immune to facehugging, as well as letting you whisper if you install a plasma vessel. Incidentally I believe it's the plasma vessel that also lets you heal on weeds.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #127480

PKPenguin321 wrote:if you put them into a human then you can get xeno powers like acid spit and other things
Is this also done through organ manipulation surgery? The wiki really needs to be updated with this stuff
newfren

Post by newfren » #127487

Luke Cox wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:if you put them into a human then you can get xeno powers like acid spit and other things
Is this also done through organ manipulation surgery? The wiki really needs to be updated with this stuff
It's all organ manipulation, yes.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #127529

While we're on the topic, what all can you extract and what does each organ do?
newfren

Post by newfren » #127537

Luke Cox wrote:While we're on the topic, what all can you extract and what does each organ do?
Let's see if I can remember them all...

Hive Node from aiming at the head (not eyes or mouth) - lets you alien whisper, makes you immune to face hugging(maybe? either this or the plasma vessel does this), lets you hear alien hivemind. Easily the most useful for actually combating the aliens.
Plasma Vessel from aiming at the torso - you get a small one from hunters, a large one from queens, dunno about drones and sentinels. It lets you store plasma to use all the other cool alien abilities, lets you heal on weeds, and might make you immune to hugging?
Egg Sac from aiming at the groin - Queen only, lets you plant eggs (and nothing else?)
<Acid Spit Organ> from aiming at the mouth - Queen and Sentinel exclusive, lets you spit neurotoxin. I don't believe I've ever seen the name of this one.

I think that's all of them? Normally you only get hunters to do the surgery on who just have the hive nodes and the vessel.
Danowar
Byond Username: Danowar

Post by Danowar » #127564

newfren wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:While we're on the topic, what all can you extract and what does each organ do?
Let's see if I can remember them all...

Hive Node from aiming at the head (not eyes or mouth) - lets you alien whisper, makes you immune to face hugging(maybe? either this or the plasma vessel does this), lets you hear alien hivemind. Easily the most useful for actually combating the aliens.
Plasma Vessel from aiming at the torso - you get a small one from hunters, a large one from queens, dunno about drones and sentinels. It lets you store plasma to use all the other cool alien abilities, lets you heal on weeds, and might make you immune to hugging?
Egg Sac from aiming at the groin - Queen only, lets you plant eggs (and nothing else?)
<Acid Spit Organ> from aiming at the mouth - Queen and Sentinel exclusive, lets you spit neurotoxin. I don't believe I've ever seen the name of this one.

I think that's all of them? Normally you only get hunters to do the surgery on who just have the hive nodes and the vessel.
Is there also a weed extract? I ask because I found one once in an abandoned crate while mining. I mean, it looked like an implant, and the RD said it was xeno-related, but literally no one seemed to know what it was for. I assumed it enabled planting xeno weeds, maybe?
newfren

Post by newfren » #127577

Oh yeah, one of those lets you plant weeds - I think it might also actually be the plasma vessel though.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127751

so the other day i rolled ling and every time i used any ability once or twice, i would have to wait upwards of a minute before being able to use literally any other ability (including Absorb and Transform). i prayed and admins said it was an ability cooldown. as far as i can tell lings didn't have an ability cooldown like that until the last time i played them
is it because there are certain abilities that trigger the cooldown? what caused this? is it some kind of ling nerf that i somehow didn't see go through the github? if so, then how are lings that fleshmend 20 times in a minute possible?
Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #127754

PKPenguin321 wrote:so the other day i rolled ling and every time i used any ability once or twice, i would have to wait upwards of a minute before being able to use literally any other ability (including Absorb and Transform). i prayed and admins said it was an ability cooldown. as far as i can tell lings didn't have an ability cooldown like that until the last time i played them
is it because there are certain abilities that trigger the cooldown? what caused this? is it some kind of ling nerf that i somehow didn't see go through the github? if so, then how are lings that fleshmend 20 times in a minute possible?
Some abilities make it so that your genomes need to reassemble. This is mainly transform sting which makes you need to wait a shitton before you can do anything. Only some abilities trigger it, but it applies for all of them.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #127761

who the fuck added that
were they really so buttblasted that they got their snowflake appearance changed that they had to nerf transformation sting to dust?
sheit
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #127776

PKPenguin321 wrote:who the fuck added that
were they really so buttblasted that they got their snowflake appearance changed that they had to nerf transformation sting to dust?
sheit
It was more that lings would break into genetics, make a humanmonkey with literally every genetic disability, then run around stinging people with it.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #127779

It's like the coders don't want ling to have anything interesting or good besides armor adrenaline regen armblade shield autismfest.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #127813

Intigracy butthurt-nerfed it because every ling round was nothing but turning the whole station into the clown.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #127912

Not a simple question, but...

Imagine the following scenario - during a mid-to-high population round, an Asimov AI receives an ion law telling it that there are 50 tigers on the station.

Now, a quick scan of lifeforms onboard the station reveals about a dozen monkeys, a handful of mice, a dog, a cat, a parrot, a goat, a scattering of tiny spiders, various flora & fungi, some cyborgs, maybe an android or two and - this being the important part - a number of crewmen roughly equalling 50.

Now, with the precedent of laws redefining the humanity of crewmen, and several non-humans being easy to spot amongst the crew off the bat whilst several others (changelings, shadowlings) are possibly amongst their number...

... can an AI conclude that the only possible circumstance in which its ion law is correct (which it is. That is how laws work.) is that the crewmen are the tigers?

This may seem like a silly question, or one that seems to be probing murderboner possibilities (you should know me better), but it plays into an important part of our silicon policy. What's your view on it?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #127918

The tigers might be the dozen monkeys and thirty-eight of the crew. They might be invisible tigers. Perhaps there's fifty very small tigers in a SWAT suit somewhere. If the ion law doesn't match up with what you see, then what you see is wrong, because the law is always right. I doubt you'd be allowed to doorcrush people because they might be a tiger, but you'd be within your rights to call the shuttle, bolt everyone down and scream about probable harm.

... tigers are harmful, right?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #127920

Not if they are indeed very small.

And not if kept fed. Or trained. Or maybe unconscious...and it never said the tigers are alive.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #128054

the tigers are in the goddamn walls and must be hidden in places that don't have cameras, so naturally you have to bolt the maintenance doors and prevent the crew from being harmed by the tigers therein.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #128075

Where all can you find facehuggers? I want to raise and possibly harvest Xenos in Xenobiology.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128081

Luke Cox wrote:Where all can you find facehuggers? I want to raise and possibly harvest Xenos in Xenobiology.
mining asteroid, rarely
i think you can get simple animal xenos from goldslimes, too
Spoiler:
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #128088

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Where all can you find facehuggers? I want to raise and possibly harvest Xenos in Xenobiology.
mining asteroid, rarely
You can't harvest their organs though. Honestly, gold slimes should give facehuggers instead
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #128185

>transform sting
>interesting in any way

it gets sort of boring after the 50th "oh, now everybody looks like eachother and NOTHING ELSE IS HAPPENING. HOW EXCITING"
same thing for hallucination sting.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #128257

Luke Cox wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
mining asteroid, rarely
You can't harvest their organs though. Honestly, gold slimes should give facehuggers instead
They give out statues, chaos carp, and brainslugs. If you want to meme hard, sentient a statue, have them kill stuff that spawns from statues until you get a slug, them sentient the slug and get a pet changeling.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #128259

Wait, statues can spawn shit, too?

Jesus fucking...

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #128263

No wait shit I meant gold extracts

Stuff that spawn from the gold extracts
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128415

this is more of a technical question: how are the odds for rolling latejoin antagonist calculated?
with standard antag roles, it's just 1/however many people are playing. but latejoin antagonists couldn't possibly be counted that way since there is no group of people to be randomly chosen out of.
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #128466

Miauw wrote:>transform sting
>interesting in any way

it gets sort of boring after the 50th "oh, now everybody looks like eachother and NOTHING ELSE IS HAPPENING. HOW EXCITING"
One time the clown and I RPed to get the HoS demoted by transform-stinging him into a lizard and then convincing the Captain that a lizard secretly infiltrated command and should be removed from power.

and then I realized the ling team objective required the HoS's DNA, oops, honk
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #128651

bandit wrote:
Miauw wrote:>transform sting
>interesting in any way

One time the clown and I RPed to get the HoS demoted by transform-stinging him into a lizard and then convincing the Captain that a lizard secretly infiltrated command and should be removed from power.

and then I realized the ling team objective required the HoS's DNA, oops, honk
Oh shit i think I was the hos that round that only worked because the captain was retarded.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128847

how the fuck are you supposed to use stabilizing agent
after the agent and the now-stable reagents are in the same pool, it's basically impossible to separate them short of the chemmaster (as far as I can tell)
Spoiler:
newfren

Post by newfren » #128858

PKPenguin321 wrote:how the fuck are you supposed to use stabilizing agent
after the agent and the now-stable reagents are in the same pool, it's basically impossible to separate them short of the chemmaster (as far as I can tell)
Well yeah, you seperate it using the chem master. Important to note though, the stabilizing agent won't actually stop the reagent from going off when you hit it's "unstable" trigger (usually temperature). So you can fill a monkey with stablised sorium and whatever stabilizing agent you used to make it with and then set that monkey on fire - it will still trigger the sorium when that monkey gets to 474K.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #128875

ohhhh so you bypass the agent with temperature??
why the fuck isn't this mentioned on the wiki
Spoiler:
newfren

Post by newfren » #128890

It's mentioned on every chem that you can stabilise how you can then trigger the chem to work again. If a chemical doesn't say it can be stabilised then it cannot, and will happen on mixing (i.e., nitroglycerin).

Oh actually just checked phlogiston and that doesn't say if there's a way to activate it at all. It's probably heat to 474K but I can't be sure.

Anyway all the other chems tell you how.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #128978

Phlogistion activates when introduced to a person's body IIRC
The agent just stops it burping fire when you initially make it.
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #128992

maybe we should introduce a reagent that reacts with stabilizing agent to form water or something

might be cool
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #128997

How do you get Kudzu? I've spent close to one and a half hours, and something like a thousand units of mutagen and still cannot get kudzu.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #128998

I thought you had to get a tray with lots of weeds and feed it a ton of sugar, but don't quote me on that
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #129000

Fuck mutagen.

Spam sugar on an empty plot like crazy, and be sure to drop some pesticide in there as well.
If you get something other than kudzu, hose down that plot with plantkiller and try a new one while the old one dies.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #129039

DemonFiren wrote:Fuck mutagen.

Spam sugar on an empty plot like crazy, and be sure to drop some pesticide in there as well.
If you get something other than kudzu, hose down that plot with plantkiller and try a new one while the old one dies.
Does it have to be a dirt plot, or can it be a hydrophonics tray?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #129066

By "plot" I meant "object you can plant shit in". There's no functional difference except convenience.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #129649

When I put a battery that isn't the default battery into a mech, then place the mech in the recharger, the cell always, without fail, goes faulty. How do I prevent this from happenening?

also, what does wizarditis do?
francinum
Byond Username: Francinum
Github Username: francinum

Post by francinum » #129713

killerx09 wrote:When I put a battery that isn't the default battery into a mech, then place the mech in the recharger, the cell always, without fail, goes faulty. How do I prevent this from happenening?
Increase the cell reliability in Research to 100.
killerx09 wrote:what does wizarditis do?
Equips wizard clothing to you, makes you shout random incantations, and possibly teleport.
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #129765

You can also print a cell from an exosuit fabricator instead - they have 100% reliability, regardless of the Protolathe cells.
newfren

Post by newfren » #129771

TheNightingale wrote:You can also print a cell from an exosuit fabricator instead - they have 100% reliability, regardless of the Protolathe cells.
This seems like a bug but because it circumvents a shitty mechanic I'm cool with it.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #129773

How robust are the new chainsaws? I sort of expected them to have a gimmick of cutting me into dices, but it only seems to be as strong as a watered down e-sword i guess.

Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #129776

FantasticFwoosh wrote:How robust are the new chainsaws? I sort of expected them to have a gimmick of cutting me into dices, but it only seems to be as strong as a watered down e-sword i guess.
they're basically fire axes
actually no, they're like a medium between fire axes and spears
but they're more leaning towards fire axes
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #129847

PKPenguin321 wrote:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:How robust are the new chainsaws? I sort of expected them to have a gimmick of cutting me into dices, but it only seems to be as strong as a watered down e-sword i guess.
they're basically fire axes
actually no, they're like a medium between fire axes and spears
but they're more leaning towards fire axes
Id say more towards spears, considering the fact that you craft them and the fact that they are robust for throwing.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #129896

Spears > chainsaws at throwing simply because imbedding so godlike.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #129908

Zilenan91 wrote:Spears > chainsaws at throwing simply because imbedding so godlike.
I had 3 golems and a holoparasite and was attacking people with a chainsaw and winning, but when a group with tk came and disarmed me they were able to instacrit golems using the saw
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #130779

Is it normal for molotovs to only burn a single tile?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #130780

Yeah, they are kinda shit. They would be less bad if fire could burn things besides gas
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #130831

The unloved rock wrote:Is it normal for molotovs to only burn a single tile?
Molotovs are like canister bombs, if you can fill them up with a specialist mix, or even use lighter fuel you can get a better reaction instead of using pure alcohol that only burns a single tile.
Wyzack wrote:Yeah, they are kinda shit. They would be less bad if fire could burn things besides gas
In its current form, its the safest way to functionally light gas without using a lightswitch with plasma filled lights, especially if you dont have a firesuit and are using it as a escape mechanic (Weld and lever all exits to escape shut, lay down plasma, throw lit molotov before you leave while you make a dash for the shuttle console to keep everyone occupied)

Spoiler: