Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Luke Cox » #68172

Bottom post of the previous page:

How does the gas chamber in the prisoner transfer center work? I wrench the tanks in place, set the gas pump on to maximum pressure, but the air injector does nothing. Is there something I'm not doing?
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #68179

Luke Cox wrote:How does the gas chamber in the prisoner transfer center work? I wrench the tanks in place, set the gas pump on to maximum pressure, but the air injector does nothing. Is there something I'm not doing?
The effect isn't instant. You have to wait for CO2 to become high enough in concentration in the chamber before it'll start killing.
capi duffman
Byond Username: Capi duffman

Post by capi duffman » #68181

I haven't been often in the transfer room, but from what I know from pumps and gases:

-Wrench the canisters in place.
-Set the ouput at maximum.
-Ensure the filter allows for the CO2 to pass.

It takes time, since CO2 isn't lethal until the saturation is high enough
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #68182

Kangaraptor wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:How do you reach the DJ station and the white ship with telescience gone?
If you download a copy of the source code you can open it up and see all the maps. Pretty easy to tell where you are while space drifting when you do it.
Additionally, z-levels show up on GPS. If you see something on the z3 map you want, jump out and periodically check your GPS to see if the last coordinate reads 3. If it does, verify your position (for all I know it's a 256/256 grid, so (128|128) is the center) and adjust accordingly.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #68192

DemonFiren wrote:
Kangaraptor wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:How do you reach the DJ station and the white ship with telescience gone?
If you download a copy of the source code you can open it up and see all the maps. Pretty easy to tell where you are while space drifting when you do it.
Additionally, z-levels show up on GPS. If you see something on the z3 map you want, jump out and periodically check your GPS to see if the last coordinate reads 3. If it does, verify your position (for all I know it's a 256/256 grid, so (128|128) is the center) and adjust accordingly.
And if you're doing this using the maps from the code, you can plan exactly where you need to go because you can mouse over every tile on the map and it'll tell you the coordinates.

Also, bring rods; rods can be placed on open space and will allow you to stop.
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #74730

I came back to sybil , and everybody is yelling AYYYYYYY,
there is song in russian with words like : ayyyy ayyy ayyy they killed the negro, for no reasons they killed him, ayyy ayyy ayyy bitches have killed him, just for nothing he got killed, ayyy....

Are those things connected?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #74738

Yes
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #74758

So, if I'm an alien, how do I swallow someone? And how do I regurgitate them? And how do I escape as a swallowed human?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #74761

1. Aggressive grab, then click on self.
2. There's a verb in the Alien tab.
3. Grab a hold of any item you can and mash the arrow keys (or WASD in hotkey mode).

Now for my question, what does the power setting on microwaves do, again?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #74766

DemonFiren wrote:1. Aggressive grab, then click on self.
2. There's a verb in the Alien tab.
3. Grab a hold of any item you can and mash the arrow keys (or WASD in hotkey mode).

Now for my question, what does the power setting on microwaves do, again?
Speed up cooking at the cost of more messes/malfunctions.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #74767

which is retarded because it doesn't really take that long anyways
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Falafox
Byond Username: Falafox

Post by Falafox » #75553

Why when I explore space I can only seem to find the abanoned sattellite, russian abandoned station and the mining station but never the clown ship, white ship and the other stuff?
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #75559

What exactly is in the liberation station? I tried to pray for one offering up all 20 of my telecrystals in return and got told it was worth about 50 telecrystals. Looking at the code, I only saw a few shotguns, ammo boxes and a GLORIOUS JUMPSUIT AND CAPE OF FREEDOM!

Whats the dealio with this thing?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75574

It contains, among others, M1911s, Deagle-brand Deagles and a gyrojet pistol.
And ammo mags for all of the above.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #75591

Clown planet, the DJ station, and the White Ship are either small, near the edges of the map or both. I know you can reach Clown Planet by jumping south off one of the easternmost parts of the Derilect, and you can reach the DJ station I believe from jumping off the Derilect Mass driver and heading straight NW. A map and a GPS from mining is really the best way to explore space. Everything of interest is on Z-levels 3 and 4.
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #75678

How does a supermatter engine look like? What machines and what kind of room do you need to have a working engine? What are the dangers?
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #75716

Supermatter engine is basically an emitter pointing at a supermatter shard.
You fire the emitter a few times then stop it and the shard produces fucktons of plasma that can be used in turbine/TEG + radiation that can be collected by radiation collectors.

if you fire too much at it it explodes and if you touch it you are vaporized.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75717

And if you toss anything at it, not only emitter or laser beams, that anything is destroyed and the shard emits radiation.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #75752

When I'm praying, am I likely to get better results if I make it longwinded ("Lord of all antags, I beseech thee in thy ultimate mercy...blah blah blah) or snappy ("Dear God, get me out of this prison, Amen")?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #75753

Depends on the admin
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #75760

I assume so. Hopefully I'll get some admin responses in this thread, which is why I asked it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #75769

Make it wordy and pretty, rituals or material sacrifices involved are a bonus. Player sacrifices can end up badly for the pray-er.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75776

If you need to sacrifice a human, bother Genetics.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #75831

So I know that you can still get fat even though there aren't fatsprites, but how do you do this? Only way I've ever managed it was admin-injecting myself with 1000 nutriment and waiting a very, very long time, but I think with the cooking and goonchem overhauls nutriment isn't even in most foods anymore. What's the best way to become obese?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #75857

PKPenguin321 wrote:So I know that you can still get fat even though there aren't fatsprites, but how do you do this? Only way I've ever managed it was admin-injecting myself with 1000 nutriment and waiting a very, very long time, but I think with the cooking and goonchem overhauls nutriment isn't even in most foods anymore. What's the best way to become obese?
Best way by far is the Weight Gain disease. Otherwise its a matter of keeping yourself overfed for long enough. I'm thinking the best way to do that would be to gorge on liquid food or nutriment pills. Things like soups sodas and beer might work well but I'm not sure.

Unrelated but I found that if a person who's starving looks at a fat person they get a different description of their girth.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75876

What description is that, precisely?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #75990

He looks like a fat little piggy. A delicious fat little piggy.

Or something.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75992

Oh, yes, I remember that.
I saw it playing as lizard, thought it was a lizard-specific voraphile joke, because I totally expected that from #coderbus.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #76084

Is security on sybil supposed to have their tazers start not in lockers, but in damn armory?
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #76136

They should spawn in your suit storage, so unless you're a dirty jobchanger, you shouldn't have a problem
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #76443

Yup, tasers start on the officer's armour, and there are three spare tasers on a rack in the armoury. The warden gets two tasers, one on his armour, one in his locker. Not sure if that's deliberate, but it's a nice way to make him slightly better armoured in the brig. It's a good way to make sure new sec officers go through someone before getting all their toys.

Do lightsabers (sorry, "energy swords") reflect disabler beams? Is it a probability? What is this probability?
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #76477

Active energy swords block projectiles (50 - damage of projectile/3) percent of the time, disabler beams included. Disabler beams deal 36 points of (stamina) damage, so they are blocked by an esword 38% of the time.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Pennwick

Post by Pennwick » #76515

Whats the most you can dilute a toxin an still have it take effect for a tick? Is there a lower limit?
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #79007

Pennwick wrote:Whats the most you can dilute a toxin an still have it take effect for a tick? Is there a lower limit?
Theoretically any amount of a chemical will have an effect for one tick. I don't know what BYOND's rounding limit is, but you'd probably have to go to ridiculous lengths to dilute a chem out of existence.

And question: Is there any way to remove a firing pin in a weapon, or is it magically glued to the gun it is inserted into?
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #79009

Unless the system has changed recently the lowest you can dilute a chem and still have an effect is the metabolic tick rate. Below that concentration it will be cleared before inflicting any damage/healing. For many chems this tick rate sits somewhere between .1 and .4 units.

@Drynwyn
There's no way to remove a firing pin once its been installed, though there are attempts on github to add some sort of mechanism to allow it.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #79119

Is there any difference between pyrosium and cryostylane? As far as I can tell, both of them just cool reagents down and then do nothing else whatsoever.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #79126

Pyrosium is supposed to heat shit up, but it's fucked.
Goof apparenly has a fix for it in the decal PR, but there's zero mention of it in the description.
Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #79232

What is an automaton? Where can I find the code for them?

I saw once once with a unique purple description (a la dead, catatonic, etc) and I want to know more about them. There's nothing on the wiki.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #79237

Anything in the /mob/living/carbon/human/interactive category is. They're NPCs, basically.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #79240

They're the new SawuNPCs. The code for them is in an arcane magic land, but if you want to play around with them as an admin, spawn them with '/greytide' , '/angry' , and '/friendly.'

Their jobs are random. Greytide ones will occasionally punch you, grab stuff off the floor, and defend themself (they're also usually nekkid). Friendly and angry ones come equipped as a station job (usually with all the ID cards too - Captain SNPCs are a great source of all-access). Friendly ones grab shit and run away if you whack 'em. Angry ones punch everything in sight.

There's no way to set their job, it's random.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #79324

What's a good cocktail of drugs for chemical implants for officers?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #79329

Beepsky Smash?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #79330

Malkevin wrote:Beepsky Smash?
Medicine for officers, not chem implants for criminals. If they scream over radio, the warden can pop them and possibly save the officer.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #79342

Luke Cox wrote:
Malkevin wrote:Beepsky Smash?
Medicine for officers, not chem implants for criminals. If they scream over radio, the warden can pop them and possibly save the officer.
Chem implants have a UI button to trigger now, and can be triggered with *deathgasp (Chemist protip: When sec chem implants you for breaking the clown out of permabrig, just take pentetic acid and charcoal, then trigger your implant!)

That said: You want a mix of ephedrine (Stun removal + speed boost), and Omnizine if you can get it. Don't use Styptic Powder and Silver Sulfadazine- they don't work when applied internally.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #79346

For stun breaking, ephedrine (also gives you GOFAST flag, which means you go at max speed regardless of damage/cold/hardsuit etc) + synaptazine (best stun reduction drug, but will cause some minor tox damage).

If you want a shorter duration, but more potent mix, crank an nicotine (get botany to grow tobacco) both give minor stun reduction without any drawbacks (under 10u for crank though). Meth and/or bathsalts are the more powerful options, but they'll give you brain damage and shit, even at low doses, and goofchem only procs every 3 ticks anyway...

Honestly the straight ephedrine/synaps mix is best 90% of the time.

You're pretty shit out of luck for healing implants these days, since the only non awful ingest healing chem is omnizine, which has a pretty low OD threshhold, and Goof mentioned it's getting removed soonish.

What you CAN do however, is make some defensive implants.

Sonic powder and flash powder are both AOE stuns based on quantity, so for example if you had 3 chem implant worth of mix, that would be a 15 meter radius(!) aoe stun, activated via deathgasp, or quickly clicking the 3 GUI buttons.
Other hilarious possibilities include:
Sorium implants, to send enemies flying away from you at the press of a button
Liquid dark matter + Chlorine trifluoride implants to set your enemies (and you) on fire
Make some black powder implants to gib yourself and anyone near you - combo it with a LDM implant to make sure you maximise the FUCK YOU factor
The totally not gimmicky zombie powder + healing chem implant, to fake your death while you quickly heal for your sneak attack (or be EVEN MORE not gimmicky, and add some Strane reagent to the mix, and use it to literally come back to life, while still appearing to be dead - not 100% certain if this would work, but hey).
Last edited by lumipharon on Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #79373

lumipharon wrote: Liquid dark matter + Chlorine trifluoride implants to set your enemies (and you) on fire
The make some black powder implants to gib yourself and anyone near you - combo it with a LDM implant to make sure you maximise the FUCK YOU factor.
Oh hell fucking yes. I've found my new parole implants. Not even genetics will be able to save them.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #79453

How much black powder is enough to Gibb the container but not enough to cause significant collateral damage?
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #79523

50u
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #79526

Coincidentally, that's the same amount that a lethal injection syringe holds. Empty it, then refill it with blackpowder.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #79577

Do chem implants have the NOREACT flag, and does reagents now react in the body?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #79632

chem implants dont have noreact,but chemicals react in the body - so if you wan the things I mentioned, you'll need to use multiple implants usually.

Black powder destroy range thing for it's explosion is quantity/100.
So 100u will be something like 1,2,4 or some shit.
I dunno what it does with rounding, but if it rounds to the nearest full number, then yeah, 50u OR over 50u, will also get the gib.

Syringes don't have noreact either though (except mech syringes, for REASONS).