Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by Xhuis » #90264

Bottom post of the previous page:

Or throw. That's the more fun way.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #90304

Explain Hydroponics to me. I know what the numbers mean, it's all on the wiki, the problem is changing them. Is there any way to control the process and for example increase potency? Do I just wait for random mutations and throw out anything that doesn't fit my criteria? Can plants randomly mutate into other species, or is mutagen necessary? How much water/nutriment do they need - do I have to always keep it at 100/10, or is it okay if it falls a bit as long as there is any of it in the tray?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #90319

Mutagen increases mutation chance drastically, random mutations are possible but rare.
You cannot control mutations unless you have a floral somatoray, and those do so in a very limited fashion.
Slap water on when you see the blue light and nutrient when you see the yellow light. Anything else is fine.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #90324

To change stats, apply ONE unit of mutagen for a small change, or TWO units for a large change. Obviously you need a dropper for this.
The change is random in both amount and direction (up or down) as well as whether it will effect potency, yield or both.

Essentially you just have to keep trying, scanning it with a thingo inbetween each try till you get what you're after.

Left4zed or whatever it is called, causes two(I think) small changes per cycle, while ez nutriment causes 1.

Because of this, once you get a plant with stats you want, ONLY GIVE IT ROBUST HARVEST. or you'll fuck up the stats.

To mutage the species, apply FIVE units of mutagen. This has a a chance to cause a large change like 2 units, but can also mutate the plant, kill it, or cause a reaction with weeds/pests.

The best way to change your plants is the floral somatory from R&D.
It's a gun that has two settings, one for potency and one for yield.

You can essentially just spam your plants until they have the best possible stats with one of these, it's far far better. However it can't mutate species.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #90550

Never use any fertilizer that isn't robust harvest - if you want to change your stats, use mutagen. Every time you apply mutagen it takes effect - use 5 units if you want to change species, use 2 if your stats are really far off what you want, and use 1 unit if you're almost at the stats you want. You don't actually need a dropper for this! Empty a bottle of left-4-zed into a tray you aren't using and fill it with mutagen - you can set its transfer amount to 1, 2, and 5 which is all you need it for. The floral Somatoray kind of sucks for mutation because it only ever gives you the little transformations, but if you need a lot of a certain plant right now, then it's ok. I'd probably prefer to just plant 2 of whatever plant I needed and double output that way but whatever.

As far as I can tell the plant only begins to take damage when water reaches 0 and nutriment reaches 0, so just topping off your plant when you see the lights works fine.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #90646

newfren wrote:You don't actually need a dropper for this! Empty a bottle of left-4-zed into a tray you aren't using and fill it with mutagen - you can set its transfer amount to 1, 2, and 5 which is all you need it for.
you what

you what mate

A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #90738

bandit wrote:
newfren wrote:You don't actually need a dropper for this! Empty a bottle of left-4-zed into a tray you aren't using and fill it with mutagen - you can set its transfer amount to 1, 2, and 5 which is all you need it for.
you what

you what mate

A WHOLE NEW WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORLD
It's also great because it holds 50u so you have to refill it way less than a mutagen bottle and it's less cumbersome to use them a dropper, plus it's not like you're using left-4-zed for anything anyway because the stat change fertilizer is fucking garbage!
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90749

You can quicktable again.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #90794

What's the code of conduct for player slimes?
AdenAbrafo
Byond Username: AdenAbrafo

Post by AdenAbrafo » #90798

Erbbu wrote:What's the code of conduct for player slimes?
Code of conduct for players in general. Don't be a dick.
Nick Elwood says, "brain your guitly of incompitence and sencected to public flogging and banishment"
DEAD: Andrew Mitchell says, "LIONUS HAS ANGER ISSUES AND AUTISM"
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #90809

Vekter wrote:You can quicktable again.
What's this mean? Passive grabs can table again?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #90810

No, but you grab, spam Z (hotkey mode), then click table.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #90827

Wrong thread, I guess - but https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55 could probably use it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
qwert
Byond Username: Ohlos

Post by qwert » #91060

How do I get slime jelly?
Is it really one of the most dangerous chems in spess station 13?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #91065

I think you have to process slime cores, can't remember for sure.
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #91071

can you make bombs in the turbine room? it's easily accessible, remote location that not many people visit, there is a plasma and oxygen tank, anything missing?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91086

You can singletank with ease. TTVs are missing, though, unless your brothers in Cargonia play ball.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #91088

How do I make a normal text announcement as AI?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91097

Bridge announcement console, AFAIK.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91192

Question:
How does the whole "ship mining's materials to centcomm for cargo points" system work? Can you just keep giving them more materials for more points infinitely? Is there a limit? What else can you give to centcomm for points?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91219

You can give mutated seeds from botany (Like ice peppers) for ~40-50 points a pop
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #91225

50 points per seed? Jesus Christ.

So you could just grow some plant and whore 500 seeds out to centcomm?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91226

I think you can only sell each seed type once, unless you up the potency
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91244

This is deliciousfully abusilootus. Just send a bunch of valuable seeds in ascending order of potency.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #91259

Yeah. Departmental co-operation always produces the best effects, which is why the R&D lab is almost pointless until cargo co-operates and hands over minerals, why botany can't get their good stuff without co-operation from med, why no department can function for long if Engineering are shitheads who block powerlines, and why Sec can only function if the entire station isn't up in arms against them.
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #91852

when does a malf AI APC count as destroyed? Is cutting the AI control wire enough? They are still deep blue then.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #91856

Cutting the AI wire is not enough, you have to totally disassemble the APC
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #91882

bandit wrote:Cutting the AI wire is not enough, you have to totally disassemble the APC
Thats kinda stupid in a mode that uses apc's to give the AI control of the station.
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #91920

Just cutting power to an APC will eventually kill an AI (by oxy damage!) but this takes like, five minutes.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #91946

I've figured out that you can crowbar conveyor belts to pick them up and place them somewhere else. But when you do that, the associated switches won't turn the conveyors back on anymore. Is there any way to make them work again?
Vekter
In-Game Admin

Post by Vekter » #91954

I'm not really sure what's causing that. There's a variable on conveyor belts that controls what switch turns it on. Maybe it resets when you crowbar it?
Spoiler:

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91973

As conveyor veteran (who still hasn't figured out how to into corners), yes, switches tend to reset when you remove them.

We need a hero to code a non-cancer way to do conveyors.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91982

codewise switches and conveyor belts have a var that's basically a channel name

but a system to let players manipulate it would have to keep in mind that, for example, not every assistant should be able to connect a new button to the bridge lockdown and toggle it from outside
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #91991

Does it not use multitools to link them?

How do plasmamen eat without catching fire?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #91992

Malkevin wrote:Does it not use multitools to link them?

How do plasmamen eat without catching fire?
They don't, as far as I am aware.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #92001

Anonmare wrote:How does the Quarantine AI Moudle work? I know it upload a a fourth law to prevent people from leaving, but, it also says that it's impossible to harm a Human to prevent people from leaving. And as I recall, only a Law higher in sequence than a "do not harm" can sanction Human harm?
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules#Conf ... _Loopholes
Only commands/requirements ("Do X"; "You must always Y") can conflict with other commands and requirements.
Only definitions ("All X are Y"; "No W are Z"; "Only P is Q") can conflict with other definitions.
Basically: there are two kinds of clauses a law can have, a definition, or a command/order, and they can only conflict with other clauses of the same type.

Only blah is human, doesn't conflict with law 1, because defining human doesn't cause the ai to harm humans.

The same for "doing blah is not harm" this doesn't conflict, its defining what harm is, and since no higher laws do this, its alright. (if two laws were uploaded, one said "plasma is not harmful to humans" and the other said "the vacuum of space is not harmful to humans" than they also don't conflict)
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #92047

How do you kill your target when they have been perma'd? I literally can't find a decent way and I didn't want to start a new thread.

If that doesn't qualify as a simple question then try this:

Can robots fit into lockers or be packaged or anything like that once they have been built?
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #92048

Zaffre wrote:How do you kill your target when they have been perma'd? I literally can't find a decent way and I didn't want to start a new thread.
Acquire a spacesuit and break into perma from space (make sure to break the grills from a distance with a thrown item or gun to avoid getting shocked). Tell your target you're here to rescue them, then just leave them to die in space halfway through the "rescue".
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92075

Can the gas tank of a mech be refilled?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92085

Yes.
Walk onto a connector port (blue port, such as the ones the gas pumps at atmos or the dorms are hooked up to) and connect via the appropriate command in the UI.

Just be aware that you might end up breathing plasma if Atmos are shitbags again.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92098

Tokiko2 wrote:I've figured out that you can crowbar conveyor belts to pick them up and place them somewhere else. But when you do that, the associated switches won't turn the conveyors back on anymore. Is there any way to make them work again?
Yes.

1) Crowbar up all the conveyors for the belt you want to make
2) Crowbar up the switch
3) click each conveyor item with the switch in your hand
4 Place all the conveyor items
5) place the switch
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #92102

Is there an easy way to dump the contents of a plant bag onto a table? I need it for tablecrafting and muh fruit salad.

Currently I'm just getting up on the table and emptying the bag at my feet, infomercial style. There's got to be a better way!
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92103

You could do it one-by-one, or construct a table where you stand.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92114

How do you actually kick an AI out of the UI of a machine it already has the window open for? I got killed because an AI could still use a chem dispenser despite of me disabling the camera of the room. It had already opened the chem dispenser window before the camera went down.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92115

You don't. I think the UI won't close even if the power goes out.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92119

Ugh. So for instance the AI can keep resetting research levels and there is nothing you can do about it. That ought to get fixed.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92140

What AI would reset research levels?
You just wait until the research is done, then wipe the useful stuff off the server
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92148

Eh, either way.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #92158

DemonFiren wrote:You don't. I think the UI won't close even if the power goes out.
While the UI may or may not close, it definitely won't function.
私は完璧
Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #92164

Remie Richards wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:You don't. I think the UI won't close even if the power goes out.
While the UI may or may not close, it definitely won't function.
I think it functions if the power does go up again though. Point is that it's seemingly impossible to create a scenario where a human can use a machine that the AI can't if the AI already got the window up. But enough of that in this thread.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #92226

Incoming wrote:
Zaffre wrote:How do you kill your target when they have been perma'd? I literally can't find a decent way and I didn't want to start a new thread.
Acquire a spacesuit and break into perma from space (make sure to break the grills from a distance with a thrown item or gun to avoid getting shocked). Tell your target you're here to rescue them, then just leave them to die in space halfway through the "rescue".
Make sure to give them an emergency air tank filled with N2O, for added laughs.
Mime: Depresso