Experience Needed for Antag?

General SS13 Chat
DukeDirkins
Byond Username: DerpDirkins

Experience Needed for Antag?

Post by DukeDirkins » #427862

So I just picked up ss13 a few weeks ago after seeing a review and thinking it looked cool. I enjoy the game and just recently got my first couple rounds as antag. I was absolutely awful at it and was brigged/dead within 10 minutes both times. Considering that antags are a fairly major driving force behind making the round interesting, and that I wouldn't want to ruin a round for someone else, should I wait a few more weeks before opting in for antag roles?
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Re: Experience Needed for Antag?

Post by Nabski » #427863

No, leave that shit on.

The only way to learn is by doing, and you'll fondly look back upon these man I was so bad moments.

Such as the first time I thought I was doing great and escaping from security, then tried to heal myself up with a donkpocket only to punch myself to death with it.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #427865

You don't learn if you don't play the role. I would say turn off conversion antagonists (cult, revs) and team antags (nuke ops) until you understand basic game mechanics well enough not to shoot your teammates in the back but your houce really. It's stupid hard to get banned for incompetence here and you will never get banned for incompetence in a solo antagonist role
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #427866

BeeSting12 wrote:You don't learn if you don't play the role. I would say turn off conversion antagonists (cult, revs) and team antags (nuke ops) until you understand basic game mechanics well enough not to shoot your teammates in the back but your houce really. It's stupid hard to get banned for incompetence here and you will never get banned for incompetence in a solo antagonist role
Yeah nukies is basically team traitor. Cult is team *teleports behind u* O'bidorai Ne'sma
► Show Spoiler
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #427874

BeeSting12 wrote:I would say turn off conversion antagonists (cult, revs) and team antags (nuke ops) until you understand basic game mechanics well enough not to shoot your teammates in the back
This honestly, you're not fucking anybody over as a solo antag so just do whatever. Things like getting a cult caught early or C4ing yourself on the nuke shuttle is a little more annoying.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #427875

I say the pre-requisite for nukie would be 10 hours as traitor and 10 hours in some form of hardsuit. So you get used to not dying in space/knowing how to wear a hardsuit.

That's how my first nukie round went, I didn't turn on my internals and ended up KO'd in space. luckily I was in paradise so their version of cayenne carried me back to safety.
► Show Spoiler
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #427877

i hope the 10 hrs in hardsuit thing is anjoke
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #427880

BeeSting12 wrote:what the fuck is carbon dioxide?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #427881

BeeSting12 wrote:i hope the 10 hrs in hardsuit thing is anjoke
No homie. Rounds last at least 45 minutes to 1 hour. (The common ones that dont involve "SHITZ FUKT I WANNA ANTAG ROLL" caps) Just play engineer for 10 rounds and req is done. Or be an assistant who goes to HOP for eva access to space explore. Easy!

Actually now that I think about it maybe 2 hours wearing the hardsuit would be better. The most that could happen is they run out of o2/fuel and that would prob happen in the first hour- 3 hours. Thats a good mark..5?
► Show Spoiler
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #427883

My first nuke op round I put in my internals tank on my suit, turned on the jet pack, and promptly died in space with no air. 10/10 would operative again.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #427888

Nabski wrote:My first nuke op round I put in my internals tank on my suit, turned on the jet pack, and promptly died in space with no air. 10/10 would operative again.
same we need hardsuit requirements for ops
► Show Spoiler
CreationPro
Byond Username: Solar Marine

Post by CreationPro » #427895

The more incompetent people are, the funnier it gets when they fail.
It's all part of the SS13 experience.
terranaut wrote:Scared? My stand 「CLOWN WORLD」 and it's 「FUNNY COMPANY」will defeat your weak stand in moments.
Terry the Moth, Melody Jean the roboticist and S.O.L. the cyborg.
I will not change my avatar but if I did I'd have this good KVADRATNIY boy.
Spoiler:
IkeTG wrote:love is okay
CreationPro wrote: i love you
IkeTG wrote:love is no longer okay
Old quotes and stuff
Spoiler:
obscolene wrote:I super glued my PC case shut please don't ask why.
<Pretendo> well Ia ksed in banbus
<AurxSS13> IA KSED! IA KSED! THE BLACK TYPO WITH A THOUSAND ERRORS!

<scaredofshadows> I randomly take buttons away from people
<scaredofshadows> because I am now rogue
<hornygranny> host is rouge
<Ikarrus> blow the admins
trytryagain66 wrote: I accidently axed a guy said I was sorry to him, then he punched me so I axed his head off.
Hibbles wrote:Man, I love CP. I wish we had more CP on the server.
Antonkr wrote:<antonkr> tfw you will never lick hg|works delicious sexy mustache
<antonkr> ;_;
RobustAndRun
Byond Username: RobustAndRun

Post by RobustAndRun » #428520

The fact that you're bothering to ask this question means you're already ahead of the pack as far as new players go. Keep that shit on.

Have fun, experiment, and provide us with hilarity as you fail.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #428522

>Trying to unfluke ops

Get the fuck out.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #428623

ShadowDimentio wrote:>Trying to unfluke ops

Get the fuck out.
>founder and only member of the "whitelist nukeops" movement
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #428628

imagine
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #428739

>whitelist nukeops
Nukies accidentally putting C4 on each other and dying to microbomb chain explosions is pure Kino
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #428809

heres my advice.

as stated, team antags and conversion antags. turn those off until you grasp some basic concepts, because otherwise your actions have the chance to actually ruin the round for other members of your team.

now, for nuke.

learn how to use hardsuits, learn how manage oxygen tanks, where to put them, ect.

play AI, cyborg, engineer, medical, and security until you grasp the concepts of breaching/building/how atmos works, how the AI core layout is on most stations, how to heal effectively and what states of damage mean what, what certain drugs do. and finally, use security as time to practice your aim on dirty greyshirts, at some point if the armory is breached from space, grab a hardsuit and try to learn space combat. its a bit different.

as cult, i haven't played enough of the new cult to be able to accurately give you a guide, but the only advice i can give is don't wear cult shit in public and don't get captured by security by being sketchy. as a general rule of thumb security are less likely to arrest people who aren't wearing masks, who are wearing a ID, who are smoking, who look like they are doing gimmicks and not about to break into a bank. if someone commits a crime, just walk away, you don't even want to be near security. until your team is large and strong. if you tip them off before that happens they'll start mass implanting and actively searching/converting for their own team.

don't volunteer as leader on blood cult, but playing as the eminessance on clockcult is a good way to learn as it can't really do anything marketable.

tl;dr learn most aspects of the game in general before you play team antags, other than that, the only way you'll learn to play solo antags is if you play them.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.