Forum Admin Complaint: HG: Labelling posters they don't like

General SS13 Chat
damiac
Rarely plays

Forum Admin Complaint: HG: Labelling posters they don't like

Post by damiac » #40871

So why does HG get to put titles on certain people in an attempt to discredit them? He got yelled at in the past for constantly bringing up people's connection history to discredit their arguments, so now he's just attaching it directly to their accounts? That's bullshit. You don't know where I play, when I play, or how often, and it's none of your damn business, nor is it relevant to the discussions on this forum. Ad hominem went out of style years ago, nowadays we use facts and logic to discredit arguments.

Please remove these stupid tags, then please remove HG from forum mods.

This was locked by HG when I put it in admin complaints, as that's only for in-game admin abuse. HG's feedback is locked, so can't put it there. So I'm putting the complaint here, since there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put it.

And I was told HG actually is part forum owner, so I guess that makes any action unlikely, but still, this just seems rather ridiculous.
Last edited by damiac on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InThePooPoo
Byond Username: InThePooPoo

Re: Forum Admin Complaint: HG: Labelling posters they don't

Post by InThePooPoo » #40878

This is just going to get locked, too.
i lov myself
world is volcano an big bun dickit signs
i lov myself
but it can do my in the but an i dont mine
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #40894

Yeah, just like my 100% allowed in the rules policy board thread about allowing forum administration complaints in the admin complaints board. It got locked, so I reposted it, along with the rules that say I'm allowed to do it. That got locked, and deleted, and I got a warning.

Here are those rules:
Policy Discussion Board Rules
When in doubt about any of these rules, ask the mods.
1.) Global Forum rules apply
2.) Familiarise yourself with the server rules before posting here; http://tgstation13.org/wiki/Rules
3.) This is not the place to discuss bans requests, appeals, administrators or other players; that belongs in the FNR section
4.) This board is for discussing administrative policy and rules; coding policies and rules is discussed in #coderbus or #nanobus (url link to IRC list post)

HG said that board is only for server policy, not site policy. Well the rules don't say that, so it's not a rule.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40899

Holy shit stop posting. Forever.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #40915

Why don't you just play the game?
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #40936

stop spamming my inbox
I accept donations, click here
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #40950

Just post in the right thread
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #40963

Rarely plays was my idea.

HG just beat me in going thru the members list to actually tag people who's ckeys are known and they haven't played. Quite a few people got them, and a lot of people did not. (https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/memberlis ... &sk=m&sd=d)

I'm sick and tired of everybody in adminbus and coderbus discrediting everything everyone here says because 'le they don't even play' so now when issues about the game are brought up, i can point and say see: they do play, they don't have the tag.

When I finally get around to switching to smf I will make it actually display rounds played in the last 90 days.

In your case damiac, I actually was the one to tag you. That shouldn't make any difference, but I know it will, and thats something you should think about.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #40965

Well, I think it's pretty lame, but oh well, can't beat city hall and all that. All I tried to do was make a complaint about an admin in admin complaints.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #40970

Ya.

As far as the other things. The entire fnr section is under control of the in game administration team. It's their section. HG's did most the work setting it up and Jordie and HG are primarily the way they exercise control over it. Rules discussion for those forums should be taken to headmins, head of bans, or sos.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #40973

Doesn't having the in game admins in charge of the section of the forum that's supposed to be about keeping those same admins accountable kind of an obvious conflict of interests? But I guess that's why we have locked feedback threads in the feedback section as well.

I still don't get why my policy thread was deleted, when it was not against the rules. At least update the rules to state it's for ingame policies only.

Also, sorry for spamming the ingame admins, I didn't mean to pick you on the message list.
InThePooPoo
Byond Username: InThePooPoo

Post by InThePooPoo » #40980

I think it's a little retarded to tag people as "rarely plays."
Especially when the people who use that against criticism as if it's a valid point are the ones giving out the tags.
i lov myself
world is volcano an big bun dickit signs
i lov myself
but it can do my in the but an i dont mine
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #40983

Don't forget its discounting possible years of experience simply because someone has not played the game enough times in a recent month.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #40993

MrStonedOne wrote:I'm sick and tired of everybody in adminbus and coderbus discrediting everything everyone here says because 'le they don't even play' so now when issues about the game are brought up, i can point and say see: they do play, they don't have the tag.
As noble as this sounds, it very easily works backwards. "See I was right they don't even play ha!" etc
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #40996

HG has a long history of salivating over people's connection history's during arguments as if they are worth their weight in gold.

I can go on and on but to summerise, this change is petty, childish but overall unprofessional and it goes a long way in showing how little HG and co view their playerbase.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #41068

Nothing good can come of this thread. Locked.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you