ITT: we whine

General SS13 Chat
reddyy

ITT: we whine

Post by reddyy » #41311

Because why not

i'll start.

clowns, especially in clown rounds, get a free pass to slip and assault people/sec, kidnap/bond, steal weapons. etc for no reason, no words. but when i was playing a mime and got assaulted multiple times, apparently lighting a plasma leak on fire is "griefing"

i don't even.

Oh and get a load of the guy who was a revhead same round as me, and proceeded to immediately try to convert the RD of all people.

:|
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: ITT: we whine

Post by Scott » #41407

Mimes are not supposed to be funny, they're supposed to be entertaining.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #41454

The HoS and HoP hats look bad, in my own personal opinion, so every round they must be removed.

It's like two clicks to store it in your locker but when you've played literally thousands of rounds, the tiny minor irritants really come into sharp focus. Extra fun mode: The dermal implant the HoS can use rather than a hat for style points is buried like near the bottom of their very stuffed locker, so have fun right-clicking and being frozen for 20 seconds. Also see: CE's locker. Actually that's probably the worst of the Heads.

Speaking of Heads and gear, the CMO's locker is on the same tile as a light, and the CMO starts without gloves. Burn city if you're not paying attention. Whyyyyy. Either I need to put on gloves, move the locker, or click carefully as I get shit out, but that's not fairrrrrr.

In fact my post will be #HeadProblems I suppose, because keycard authentication devices are cool, and also the most annoying thing literally in history. Not only is it a little awkward to get it ready for Red Alert on your own, but good luck getting even one single fellow Head out of six to be at their keyboard, awake, alive, aware, and responsive enough to swipe with you. Even if you ARE trying to swipe together, have fun with BYOND-quality swipe detection bro.

Everybody bitches out HoPs forever for the bad ones but you never notice that a good HoP fulfills like six critical station functions all at once, and by the very nature of the HoP, it's hard to notice if they're doing well.
RIP
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #41458

>not alt-clicking to get stuff from lockers
also dermal patch got removed forever because it was too fun
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #41461

The real solution here is to sprite better looking hats if you have a problem with the current sprites.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #41469

>Pointing out why my whining isn't valid

I know that already but I like the idea of this thread, if it's handled like the others like 'little things that make you smile' or 'moments of awesome' or whatever we have where people post their subjective stuff.

Speaking of which, who fucking removed the dermal patch, literally Hitler. Can't have nice things just because you have the literal worst job on the station nobody ever wants and everybody shits on you regularly.
RIP
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #41509

<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #41537

An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #41551

Hibbles wrote: Speaking of which, who fucking removed the dermal patch, literally Hitler. Can't have nice things just because you have the literal worst job on the station nobody ever wants and everybody shits on you regularly.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1792
I'm not going to say you never read these forums. I'm just going to imply it REALLY loudly.
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #41637

my whining goes for the existence of this thread
I accept donations, click here
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #41962

Aranclanos wrote:my whining goes for the existence of this thread
My whining goes to coderbus.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #41980

callanrockslol wrote:
Aranclanos wrote:my whining goes for the existence of this thread
My whining goes to coderbus.
MY WHINING GOES TO YOUR MOM
I accept donations, click here
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #41987

my whining goes to ur other mom :^]
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Fatal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: FatalX1

Post by Fatal » #42000

My whining goes to the sheer incompetence of so many players who pick head of staff jobs

If you can't do the job, don't be head of the fucking department, your underlings shouldn't be telling you how to do your own job
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #42011

The eternal downward spiral relationship between security and other crew, especially assistants. Assistants being awful to security encourages them to be awful so they don't just get trashed, and security being awful encourages assistants to be awful in response because there's no way they can reason with awful security, so security has to be awful to deal with relentless, unreasonable assistants.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #42178

People keep bitching about wiki's Boxstation map picture being out of date, but no one can actually be arsed to make a new picture. I SPENT MY 60 MINUTES LAST TIME MAKING THE LATEST BOXSTATION MAP (stitching them together slow as fuck with a crappy computer), NOW IT'S FUCKING SOMEBODY ELSE'S TURN.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #42214

There is a verb that increases your view distance, set-view-distance or something it's called. The maximum size is 128, if I remember correctly. With that distance you only need ~4 screenshots to cover the entire map.

Only admins can use the verb, but to take a decent screenshot of the map without people running about and destroying the station you need to run a personal server anyway.

Oh right, I should whine about something. Uhh... People who purposefully try to piss you to get you to escalate the situation.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #42306

Ricotez wrote:There is a verb that increases your view distance, set-view-distance or something it's called. The maximum size is 128, if I remember correctly. With that distance you only need ~4 screenshots to cover the entire map.

Only admins can use the verb, but to take a decent screenshot of the map without people running about and destroying the station you need to run a personal server anyway.
It's more like 6 images or so with max view distance. Sounds easy but those screenshots are a bitch to stitch together cos they're so damn big, at least my computer doesn't handle it well. And anyone can download the source code and make themselves an admin on their own private server to take screenshots of.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #42345

As captain sometimes I bug centcomm for fun. These people thinks it's funny to bluestrike me, so I further insult them. Termination? I've never seen them even try to remove me from power.
Last edited by srifenbyxp on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #42355

Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #42369

kosmos wrote:
Ricotez wrote:There is a verb that increases your view distance, set-view-distance or something it's called. The maximum size is 128, if I remember correctly. With that distance you only need ~4 screenshots to cover the entire map.

It's more like 6 images or so with max view distance. Sounds easy but those screenshots are a bitch to stitch together cos they're so damn big, at least my computer doesn't handle it well. And anyone can download the source code and make themselves an admin on their own private server to take screenshots of.
There's a tool for creating map images: http://ss13.nexisonline.net/wiki/User:N ... BYONDTools

OT: I hate how you can't play on a mac since v500, and how the webclient isn't working for ss13 yet.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #42671

> using a mac

heh
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #42718

Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Perakp

Post by Perakp » #42721

Yeah it used to work with wine but doesn't anymore.

Webclient is starting to look good though.
http://www.byond.com/play/208.113.204.136:8000
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #42781

I whine about not having enough cheese.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #42875

Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #42894

oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Can I get that in a handy quoteable sentence, thats just too good not to go in a sig :lol:
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #42946

Engieborgs cannot see in the dark anymore...

Yet another nerf to borgs while simple basic functions are still missing, like naming themselves and a designated flashlight button.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #42969

dionysus24779 wrote:Engieborgs cannot see in the dark anymore...

Yet another nerf to borgs while simple basic functions are still missing, like naming themselves and a designated flashlight button.
I was about to link you to the whining thread, but then realized that was this tab.

You're doing it right.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #43020

I have to use a fucking mining scanner to see ore now. As well as have to fumble between an ore sack and a mining scanner if I want to take a weapon to help protect me against Goliaths.

Oh and a goliath can take ten fucking hits from a pick without dieing while they can crit you in 5-6 hits. The knockdown thing is laughable in an open area but unstoppable in a confined space like, I dont know, THE FUCKING PLACE WHERE YOU FIND GOLIATHS.

The hivelord core lasts like a minute before it becomes unusable. God fucking forbid that miners have a way to heal themselves easily while fighting goddamn monsters.

Mining bots are only good for tanking as they hit so fucking slowly. BUT THEY HAVE SHIT HEALTH SO THEY DONT DO TANKING VERY WELL EITHER.

Gibtonite. Every last thing about this ore is a pain in my ass.

EDIT
Also forgot to mention that the mining bot is slow as fuck to pick anything up. You have to wait on it if you have anything faster than a sonic jackhammer. Also if you pull it behind you while you mine and you start fighting the damn thing will shoot you more than what you are fighting.

Also why the fuck does mining have to insert an ID instead of just swiping one. This makes it easy as fuck to steal our goddamn ID's when we go to claim points since the ore processor IS IN A PUBLIC PLACE.
Last edited by soulgamer on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #43021

like i said

whoever fucked up mining should kill themselves
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #43027

peoplearestrange wrote:
oranges wrote:
Can I get that in a handy quoteable sentence, thats just too good not to go in a sig :lol:
singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
rob
Byond Username: Robx1q

Post by rob » #43035

i really don't know how things work anymore there's been so many changes, where's the guide for things
Perakp

Post by Perakp » #43052

Kavaloosh wrote:should kill themselves
I hate suicide related jokes and suggestions that someone should kill themselves. It is very offensive, in bad taste and shows a lack of understanding of how a video game really is not something anyone should be killing themselves over, ever.
Next time, just suggest them to go fuck themselves, mkay?
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #43129

rob wrote:i really don't know how things work anymore there's been so many changes, where's the guide for things
Are you fucking kidding me.
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guides
There's a fucking huge list of guides for things! Do us a favor, tell us here which guides are so out of date that they don't tell you how things work AND don't have a "needs revision" -tag and I'll add the tag and it'll get updated.
I'm not saying you're not allowed to whine, but at least point out which pages are shit so we can improve them.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #43136

oranges wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:
oranges wrote:
singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
ahahaha! Thanks.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #43142

Perakp wrote:
I hate suicide related jokes and suggestions that someone should kill themselves. It is very offensive, in bad taste and shows a lack of understanding of how a video game really is not something anyone should be killing themselves over, ever.
^^^this so much
There are so little ways you can kill yourself with the objects in hand. Using a screwdriver, C4, cablecoil, and possibly minibomb. You should be able to do so with your fucking shoes if you're in a jail cell, or a revolver, or a shotgun. If the shotgun is loaded with buckshot or a slug then suiciding with it in hand should kill you instantly and debrain you so you can literally blow your brains out. Like this guy was saying, we should take death more seriously...by adding more suicide verbs.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #43155

Fragnostic wrote:
Perakp wrote:
^^^this so much
There are so little ways you can kill yourself with the objects in hand. Using a screwdriver, C4, cablecoil, and possibly minibomb. You should be able to do so with your fucking shoes if you're in a jail cell, or a revolver, or a shotgun. If the shotgun is loaded with buckshot or a slug then suiciding with it in hand should kill you instantly and debrain you so you can literally blow your brains out. Like this guy was saying, we should take death more seriously...by adding more suicide verbs.
I'm seriously wondering whether you failed to read Perakp's post or just think it funny or... I'm not sure, I'm pretty confused.
Also I'm gonna go ahead and say lets drop the suicide thing right now. We've been down this route before in other threads and mostly it ends it a shit storm and permabans.
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #43200

Violaceus wrote:
Borgs don't get naming rights, they
don't get a designated flashlight
button, but instead we get a useless
camera function nobody ever uses
and we get nerfs without end. Our
health gets reduced, we have our
energy drain for basic thing
increased to ridiculous levels, we get
a new crit state that introduces
stupid micromanagement to our
slots, engieborgs loose their ability
to self-repair, engieborgs loose their
ability to see in the dark.
Do you speak in the name of some mysterious cyborg-only players?
i play cyborg almost exclusively and i think they are fine

also i die of laughter every time i see dionsyus rage about borgs not being able to name themselves.
Kavaloosh

Post by Kavaloosh » #43279

Perakp wrote:
well at least you posted in the right thread
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #43286

>digg tier tone policing

And they told me I was mad for setting up an imageboard.
kosmos

Post by kosmos » #43385

Kavaloosh wrote:
Perakp wrote:
well at least you posted in the right thread
I hate people who take life too seriously and can't understand jokes! Everything should be able to be laughed at. That includes suicide, it's just a way of signing out of life.
Donk Honk
Byond Username: LindsaysAwhore

Post by Donk Honk » #43388

I don't like apricots
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #43397

kosmos wrote: I hate people who take life too seriously and can't understand jokes! Everything should be able to be laughed at. That includes suicide, it's just a way of signing out of life.
This! A thousand times this!

Goddamn I was here when they first banned rape in game. I didn't support it but god if the arguments against it didn't piss me the fuck off. "Rape is never funny." Bullshit EVERYTHING can be funny. Rape isn't funny in SS13 because its you being tied to a bed for 5 minutes while someone emotes at you. Its cuff buckling with flavor. Then when /vg/ was made the digg audience flooded the station and they are almost as bad as tumbler at times.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #43506

D20 station got a whole bunch of new suicide emotes, including shooting yourself in the head with guns. It is kind of spahetti as you can kill yourself instantly with an empty gun, but still something i wish we had
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #43539

I know Bay lets you target yourself with guns while on the harm intent. We should that.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
dionysus24779
Byond Username: Dionysus24779

Post by dionysus24779 » #52595

I really hate that during rounds where the station has a common threat (Ops, Wizard, Blob, Malf AI, etc.) oh so many people will try their hardest to be the big goddamn hero and do it all on their own. Nobody cooperates, coordinates or makes an organized effort. Everyone tries to be the hero, everyone trips over each other and gets in each others way. Even simple problems become monumental tasks sometimes. Like if there's a rogue AI people won't borg others anymore, despite there being the option to make an AI-less borg that could probably just roll in and kill the AI zero-effort. Nope, they rather abondon their jobs and stand around useless.

All for their minute of fame, for their 1 minute bragging rights circlejerk OOC after the round.

And yes, sometimes a single player can shine and turn it all around, but with a good organized crew it would never even need to come down to one player.

Though the lack of proper communication, coordination, organisation and cooperation seems to be a common problem in many rounds...
CharlieShinu
Byond Username: Shinu23

Post by CharlieShinu » #53987

this place is somehow worse than before

and i still don't have my rarely plays title which makes me heated af
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #54004

Never push, never push, never fuckin' push. If you're running around the corridors with a hostile intent, I'll assume you're up to something horrible, and if I'm a sec officer, I might get pissed enough to cuff you.

Also, stop truncating gimmicks to end the round in five minutes. You can guarantee that any round where there's a trader in dock will inevitably have people wordlessly and stone-facedly tearing at the walls to kill said friendly trader, and as an afterthought, loot their stuff. In some cases, special roles made by admins need to have rule 1 protection.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #54015

dionysus24779 wrote:I really hate that during rounds where the station has a common threat (Ops, Wizard, Blob, Malf AI, etc.) oh so many people will try their hardest to be the big goddamn hero and do it all on their own. Nobody cooperates, coordinates or makes an organized effort. Everyone tries to be the hero, everyone trips over each other and gets in each others way. Even simple problems become monumental tasks sometimes. Like if there's a rogue AI people won't borg others anymore, despite there being the option to make an AI-less borg that could probably just roll in and kill the AI zero-effort. Nope, they rather abondon their jobs and stand around useless.

All for their minute of fame, for their 1 minute bragging rights circlejerk OOC after the round.

And yes, sometimes a single player can shine and turn it all around, but with a good organized crew it would never even need to come down to one player.

Though the lack of proper communication, coordination, organisation and cooperation seems to be a common problem in many rounds...
Easy, fast and efficient victories aren't glorious. People want their ego boost. You do the math.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: