Blood Cult Halloween Costume

General SS13 Chat
Trexdude
Byond Username: Trexdude

Blood Cult Halloween Costume

Post by Trexdude » #447294

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on these forums, so pardon any mistakes or lack of foresightedness on my part.

For Halloween this year, I am thinking of dressing up as a Blood Cultist, and I'm looking for advice on what the costume should include and how to put the costume together.

I imagine items such as a ritual dagger, and perhaps a mirror shield, would be a given, but since I haven't been exposed to the Cult game mode that much, I also imagine that there are plenty more iconic items I'm unaware of.
As for materials, and putting the costume together, I'm trying to think on a low-budget; however, as I'm not too familiar with putting costumes together, I am open to any ideas regardless of inherent cost or time, especially in terms of costume-building advice.

Let me know if you have any advice or need me to specify anything. Let us forum.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Blood Cult Halloween Costume

Post by Shezza » #447315

soul shards, old cult book, cult paper are classics
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #447328

You could do a flashlight with a colored cover up the sleeve to make your hand glow with magic.
Trexdude

Post by Trexdude » #447701

I like these ideas, thank you. What about the outfit I'll be wearing? Should it be a robe, and if so, what kind? I was thinking the flagellant robe myself, if only for the simplicity I imagine it has (a red cloth, if nothing else).
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #447788

I think they both have a darker red robe from the forge, and the brown one from summon equipment. The brown one might be easier if you can find a monk outfit.
Trexdude

Post by Trexdude » #454780

Tad bit late, but here's what happened!

I ordered a burgundy-red robe, but it wasn't due to arrive until after Halloween, so I wouldn't have had the costume ready 'till afterwards.

So instead, I've taken to working on the costume and the ritual dagger in my spare time, which, admittedly, I haven't set aside much time to doing.

Currently, the ritual dagger (one of the first sorts of arts-and-crafts I've done, mostly by my own hands, in quite a while) looks a bit like this:
The attachment 016.JPG is no longer available

The attachment 016.JPG is no longer available
I modeled the blade out of a foam trifold display (the sorts used to display your experiments in science fairs), and covered it with a few layers of polyurethane and sparkling paste. I modeled the wooden grip out of a stick I found on the ground.

I also found some lightsaber-styled Popsicle holders that have a red light built in, so I could tape one to my wrist, or insert it inside a translucent glove, to give the appearance that my hand was glowing with magic.

Hopefully, I'll continue work on this, and we'll have yet another example of a Space Station 13 cosplay. Or Halloween costume. Or whatever.
Attachments
019.JPG
016.JPG