MY FIRST BAN

General SS13 Chat
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: MY FIRST BAN

Post by Saegrimr » #46509

Bottom post of the previous page:

Ikky gave me 15 minutes for loading up the shuttle with cleaner grenades on my first day. Only ban i've ever gotten.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #46702

First ban was two years ago for monkeying a dozen people
was weekbanned from the server and perm banned from medical

my worst ban was probably when I beat the virologist to death when he didn't pay for chems.

My dumbest ban is when I bombed the blob and got month-banned from science
I think I did this twice
I was pretty terrible
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #46781

My first and only ban was three years ago by Rosen Ritter

Erro had just removed the public autolathe so cargo was constantly getting broken into by grey shits
I round start as QM
Make stun gloves, as everyone did back then.
Some greyshirt starts wordlessly screw drivering the window wall
I pop out and stun glove him and toss him out into the hallway
I go back into cargo.
A few minutes later assistant comes back
I pop back out and attempt to stunglove, locker weld him - but being an unrobust faggot he gets away.

This repeats another 4 times...
Called for security multiple times, naturally they didn't come

By the sixth time I'd had enough
I'd came from the cargo dock back to the front office to see the assistant had taken down the outer window and grill, and was working on the inner window.
So I go to the autolathe and make myself a circular saw.
Saw prints off and the assistant finally breaks through the window.

Stun glove, saw him to death. Toss the body back out into the hall way.

Get an admin-pm from RosenRitter asking why I killed him, I reply with "He kept trying to break in, he finally did so I killed him"
Barely any exchange after that.
Got a day ban and a job ban from cargo and QM

Was thing worse, because RosenRitter is such a terrible admin, the job ban stuck for three/four months because Rosen kept refusing to lift it, it only eventually got lifted when Dezzmont complained to the headmin's on my behalf.

I'd glad we don't see much of RosenShitter anymore, he was a top notch fagmin - although I think he might've gone off to /vg as ShiggyPiggy (both are shitty "I know best so I'll do what I believe instead of the established rules" admins)
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #46786

[quote="Malkevin"]the public autolathe[/quote]

;_;
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #46889

The first one that didn't get appealed for me was nations. I was HoP, captain orders me and sec to take cargo who had declared war on us, I kill a dude in the fight, dickarus bans me for "instigating a fight during nations". Like holy shit learn how to admin and to keep IC, IC.

Then when I came back I firebombed ian and caught 1 guy on fire, so I got a dayban. Never did come back.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Peble

Post by Peble » #47033

24 hours ban and an unknown length job ban from all head positions by aurx

for lasering an assistant that ran into my room during a Rev round, as Captain
[img]http://steamsignature.com/status/english/76561198043780134.png[/img][url=steam://friends/add/76561198043780134]Image[/url]
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #47158

My first ban came from ikarrus, it was a silicon job ban. This was when the AI core was were the current upload is. Hulk cultists were breaking in and I had my turrets set to laser because HULK cult. Never the less, it became a topic of discussion after I appealed, and it became almost a debate as to what hulks were when they smashed shit. Mostly if they were human still, and how the AI should deal with them.
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47183

Currently Hulks are not human, but only as long as they're Hulks. But yeah, that wasn't always the case, and it was changed exactly because this kinda stuff kept happening.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #47187

Ricotez wrote:Currently Hulks are not human, but only as long as they're Hulks. But yeah, that wasn't always the case, and it was changed exactly because this kinda stuff kept happening.
Wait, what?

Hulks have always been human as far as I recall. Mutated humans, yes, but human. When was this change made?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #47190

DrPillzRedux wrote:The first one that didn't get appealed for me was nations. I was HoP, captain orders me and sec to take cargo who had declared war on us, I kill a dude in the fight, dickarus bans me for "instigating a fight during nations". Like holy shit learn how to admin and to keep IC, IC.

Then when I came back I firebombed ian and caught 1 guy on fire, so I got a dayban. Never did come back.
LOL I REMEMBER THIS ROUND I WAS THE CAPTAIN AND I CAUSED ALL THE CONFLICT IN THE ROUND AND IT BASICALLY PERSONIFIED WHY NATIONS IS SHIT.
I would still do it again tho because manipulating groups of people to distrust eachother and eventually murder/ethnically cleanse everyone else while being "neutral" and telling them to stop (publicly at least) was probably the most fun I've had in this game.

Oh and walking through medbay after engineering made serajevo look like a walk in the park was pretty cool.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #47504

The change was made about the time the seventh trillion hulk broke into the AI area for no real reason and made the AI their bitch without the AI having any way at all to fight back, as I recall.
RIP
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #47507

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #47564

As an AI you're now allowed to set the lasers on any Hulk breaking into your core... But of course, once they collapse they'll turn back human and you have to get someone to fetch their body so they can be healed.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #47572

Malkevin wrote:My first and only ban was three years ago by Rosen Ritter
Malkevin, if I suck your dick will it make me a better player?
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #47581

Probably not
Falafox
Byond Username: Falafox

Post by Falafox » #75469

I want to revive this thread
My first ban was because I hurted a mime in science since he was shitting it and when the admins was asking me at the end of the round what happened I explained and I though we were ok and I had to leave due to uni stuff
I was perma banned, had to appeal but it was my fault I guess
inb4 ban for necro'ing
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #75910

I think my first and only one that actually stuck was a day ban after obliterating the cargo bay with a massive bomb as the captain. I was trying to eliminate a revolution that I was told was on the cargo shuttle.

There was collateral damage.

A lot of it.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #75914

On /tg/, nothing...I think?
On Bay, my first was a dayban for telling a borg of mine to space a changeling. Apparently it was meta and took a person out of the round.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #75916

3 years no bans. Da reel MVP
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #75973

I have a bunch of Icky Ocks from yearfs ago. Other than that, I've got a pretty clean record.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Doritos
Byond Username: Zaross

Post by Doritos » #75980

I think my first ban was for making people(mainly myself) into half-changelings after an admin told me it was ok.

Then some admin that was never seen before logged on, banned me for 2 weeks, stayed around long enough to deny my appeal and then fucked off and was never seen again.
lol
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #75984

Lets see, my first jobban (and ban of any kind) was when I joined as HoS and something really important came up OOC so I adminhelped that I really had to go, dumped all my gear in arrivals so someone else could be the HoS and have all my gear, and spaced myself. I got jobbanned from all head roles, which was kind of silly considering I adminhelped it exactly as I was supposed to.

My first actual ban was a joke of a permaban for "having too much fun." It was lifted immediately but its still in my notes, not that I care.

My first actual real ban was a five minute ban given to me during the Sybil vs. Basil competition for "spamming deadchat about Mechgate" despite the fact that logs clearly show I only made two or three comments about it. I attribute it to a salty admin who was not happy about his obvious oversight but oh well.

I'm also permabanned from all Sec roles by my own request until something is done about SoS and his little greytiding issue. I refuse to play the role of the victim of our hosts petty games.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #75986

Loonikus wrote:Lets see, my first jobban (and ban of any kind) was when I joined as HoS and something really important came up OOC so I adminhelped that I really had to go, dumped all my gear in arrivals so someone else could be the HoS and have all my gear, and spaced myself. I got jobbanned from all head roles, which was kind of silly considering I adminhelped it exactly as I was supposed to.

My first actual ban was a joke of a permaban for "having too much fun." It was lifted immediately but its still in my notes, not that I care.

My first actual real ban was a five minute ban given to me during the Sybil vs. Basil competition for "spamming deadchat about Mechgate" despite the fact that logs clearly show I only made two or three comments about it. I attribute it to a salty admin who was not happy about his obvious oversight but oh well.

I'm also permabanned from all Sec roles by my own request until something is done about SoS and his little greytiding issue. I refuse to play the role of the victim of our hosts petty games.
Yo I removed the note for that Server Smash ban. I was trying to stem the tide of bullshit re: OMFG MECHGATE, so I went back and removed the note afterwards.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #75987

No hard feelings. I got over my buttflusteredness fairly quickly anyway.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #75994

Loonikus wrote:Lets see, my first jobban (and ban of any kind) was when I joined as HoS and something really important came up OOC so I adminhelped that I really had to go, dumped all my gear in arrivals so someone else could be the HoS and have all my gear, and spaced myself. I got jobbanned from all head roles, which was kind of silly considering I adminhelped it exactly as I was supposed to.

Your bans suck
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #75997

My first ban ever:

banned: "griefer". Ban was applied by Nerolat on the x of the y.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #76054

Let's see...My first (and I think only) ban was back about 3 years ago?

I barely started playing this game, and went captain, during a ling round.
I ended up burning up the wrong dude because we had a prevalent ling problem, and I was about fukken' done with them. It was back when the lings had the insta-win para-sting / ranged para button.
I got boinked, I explained myself, I realized I fucked up, I got bannu'd.

The end.
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #76059

I got banned for releasing a canister of plasma because I made newbie mistake and didn't close the valve when I ejected the tank. Plasma flooded and it somehow managed to kill 3 other scientists. I think it was on Liberty or Goon. I tried to explain that I didn't know what happened and that plasma just started flooding everywhere, but the admin didn't believe me and thought I was lying. Apparently, there was a multitude of players releasing plasma and pretending they were new, so I got banned for making a mistake with no previous history.

I also got banned on Goon for implying sexual things as a security officer when I was imprisoning a criminal. I was just saying something along the lines of "don't pick up the soap" and "always take the top bunk-bed". Then I yelled "fresh meat" at the other prisoners as I tossed the guy in. Not even 3 minutes later I'm wordlessly banned for "creepy rape shit, not welcome here".

I was never banned at NoX. I was just Bwoink'd with a "Niiiiice" every time I killed Takara for bombing (which he always did as antag/nonantag). If he was in Toxins, it was a safe bet that he'd bomb the station, but I always RP'd and pretended I didn't know what he'd do with them.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #76063

Doritos wrote:I think my first ban was for making people(mainly myself) into half-changelings after an admin told me it was ok.

Then some admin that was never seen before logged on, banned me for 2 weeks, stayed around long enough to deny my appeal and then fucked off and was never seen again.
I think I remember the half-changeling thing. That was when you could clone changeling bodies with transplant brains, wasn't it?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #76065

Fragnostic wrote:I also got banned on Goon for implying sexual things as a security officer when I was imprisoning a criminal. I was just saying something along the lines of "don't pick up the soap" and "always take the top bunk-bed". Then I yelled "fresh meat" at the other prisoners as I tossed the guy in. Not even 3 minutes later I'm wordlessly banned for "creepy rape shit, not welcome here".
Always surprised me how zero tolerance goon are on sexual things, considering how many of them were so involved in Hellmoo.
Then again they did spend most of their time griefing 'dirty sex habers'
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #76079

I got banned from silicon jobs because I thought someone was a changeling and they weren't. I don't think I had proper proof, so it was a pretty fair ban.

Then somehow I compounded the issue by getting banned a few weeks later for the same thing, only this time I was certain I'd had proof (EMP scream) but I was wrong again. Apparently the guy that attacked me after the EMP scream wasn't even an antag, and the actual changeling must have been hiding in the shadows.

Anyway, after that I tried to be a bit more careful about following asimov. Still enjoy silicon gameplay though.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #76106

My first few bans
Space lubing with spraybotle as a non-antag clown near escape airlocks resulting in a spacing. took my day-ban
Forceborging two guys with a roboburger as the captain. took my ban and am only just appealing my job-ban.
acidentil ahelp in ooc in the hopswarm round no bonk instant ban (was salty but took my day-ban).
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #76134

I had an incident between me as AI, the captain and JLP that was so ridiculous and blown out of proportion that adminbus refused to handle it and invoked the clusterfuck rule on an extended round. Pretty sure it was HBL that handled it.
Hornygranny wrote: i was wrong
Paprika wrote:Saegrimr is right.
#NEVERFORGET
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #76146

Mastigos wrote:I had an incident between me as AI, the captain and JLP that was so ridiculous and blown out of proportion that adminbus refused to handle it and invoked the clusterfuck rule on an extended round. Pretty sure it was HBL that handled it.
This sounds interesting, unlike Loonikus, please divulge further.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #76150

I think I remember that... Wasn't there a mech involved?
Spoiler:
Laharl Monthy
Byond Username: Laharl Montgommery

Post by Laharl Monthy » #76239

Ho god, I think I may know what you're talking about. I was a part of that clusterfuck, but it goes waaaay back.

Long story short, I'm minding my buisness as a RD, working on making mechs.
Then, JLP (who got traitorous HoS this round), seeing as I was making mechs, came in, asked for me to get implanted with a kill-switch implant (since I was obviously going to ride it). Or else he'd either arrest me or force me to get implanted.
And since, the mech wasn't completed, I didn't have the choice. That did piss me off a bit - I mean, I wasn't antag, sure, but you wouldn't be happy knowing you was on a killswitch. And if that killswitch triggers with me inside the mech...Yeah, good luck getting out of that. That pretty much meant I couldn't risk even riding the mech. Goddamn it all to hell, I said.

I was buddy-buddy with Startoad (Yeah, yeah, I know, considering how he turned out...), so I just went ahead, and gave him the mech for service rendered to RnD - it was at the time where RnD getting materials from old mining (AKA non mobs) was rare. You can guess that this did NOT sit well with JLP. BAM, insta-perma, and a few minutes later, killswitch detonated, I dead. I think at that point Startoad started asking some questions about JLP, and where I was (I told him I was likely to get perma'd/killed for that fuckery).

It all lead to the gigantic clusterfuck that was the AI upload fight. I don't really recall what happened there, but I remember Startoad shooting first and Taking down JLP's own mech before she could do anything. From there, no-one wanted to fuck with a giant walking stomping durand. I was found in perma, revived, and revealed that JLP detonated my implant, which, along with the traitor gear she kept on her, made everyone realize she was indeed a filthy syndicate agent.

This lead to a gigantic FNR shitstorm on weither it was valid or not. I was actually admin at the time, but I was too involved to do anything.

EDIT : Nevermind, I think this is pre-HBL admin era.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #76240

My first (and I thinK only) ban was way back.

I was acting CE, didnt really know that much, when an engineer comes screaming down the hall saying the mime is trying to murder him.
I flash the mime who was beating the engineer, and he starts loudly accusing the engineer of some shit.
I cuff him and drag him off to the brig, engineer following, and I ask why he's talking.
At the brig, either the engineer or HoP suggest that he's talking because he's a ling.
At this point in time I literally didn't realise mime's could ever talk.

So we did the only rational thing.
MASS DRIVED THE MIME

The whole time the CMO was following us, telling us all that's we're fucking retarded.

I think the three of us all got day bans for that. Honk.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #76425

So I spawned in as AI and shit was boring so I prayed for fun, and admins spawned Fun Waffles in my core. Upon hearing of this, the Captain had me open up my core and uploaded laws that there always had to be a party going on, and so we had a kickass core party. Everybody was having a good time, people were tripping balls off the waffles, somebody set up booze, it was a great time had by all.

Until...

BROBOT [145.9] states, "Jane-Luc Price has signed up as Head of Security."

Well, fuck. This can only end in tears. Somebody invites JLP to the core party, which was sanctioned by the Captain, at which point she sets her jaw, hitches up her LAW pants, gears up and runs into the upload raining hellfire and shitting fury. Captain tells her to chill the fuck out and get the sand out of her vagina, which she takes exception to. So she mutinies, arrests the Captain in the middle of the party, and somehow manages to escape without being murdered by the now-rioting mob in the upload and core. Even after she permas the Captain, I'm trying to keep the party going, as per my laws stating I and the station must always be partying, while JLP is all caps losing her fucking mind on comms at me. She keeps ordering me to lock down my upload and boot everybody out, I tell her to get bent because laws. Because she wasn't given hugs as a child and can't handle being told no, she barges back in, kicks out the few people remaining and lasers me to death because LAW.

So I'm kinda pissed in deadchat because what was a fun little event got completely blown to shit because of Judge Dredd. Apparently she executed the Captain too because he was giving her a bunch of shit, he's flipping out in deadchat too. Little babby trialmin HBL is the only one on at the time and gets the story and is discussing it with adminbus. It was such a shitshow that nobody could come to a consensus on what the fuck to do or who was in the wrong. Apparently it got so bad that they finally invoked the clusterfuck rule, which is the same rule that they use for rev rounds, and refused to take any action.

And that is a story of when JLP ruined everything.
#NEVERFORGET
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76434

>implying she doesn't always ruin everything

I'm not sure if I should laugh, cry, or YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHUEHUE!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #76436

As a relative newfag, can someone explain the meta/story behind JLP?
Also, what was the "JLP Era", that I saw referenced by some older players several times?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76445

JLP, in short, is a HoS who took space-law by the letter whenever she was not fucking lizards.

That is to say, utter shitcurity. I've never witnessed her on /tg/, but on Bay, which was even less fun because !!ROLEPLAY!! demanded paperwork before firing.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #76446

Allohsnackbar wrote:As a relative newfag, can someone explain the meta/story behind JLP?
Also, what was the "JLP Era", that I saw referenced by some older players several times?
JLP, AKa Jean-Luc Price, was a notorious HoS who enforced space law maliciously, with the intent of brigging people for as long as humanly possible.

To show you what I mean by "maliciously", here's an example.

Say you are a a filthy graytiding assistant, so you reroute disposals to the HoP office, dive into dispsals, pop out while the HOP is staring at his computer screen,grab Ian, and GTFO. You are caught 2 minutes later by security because in this example, you are a moron.

For a typical security officer, theft of Ian might carry a 4-6 minute sentence for Theft.

If JLP is in charge, your sentence would look like this:
-Sabotage (Altering the disposal system). 5 minutes.
-Breaking and Entering of a Restricted Area (Illegally accessing the HOP's office via Disposals). 5 minutes.
-Major Trespass (Being in the HOP office without permission). 5 minutes.
-Theft (Ian). 5 minutes.
-Aiding & Abetting Breaking and Entering of a Restricted Area (Other people might end up in the HOP office via the altered disposals.) 5 minutes.
-Aiding & Abetting Major Trespass (After they end up in the HoP office they are there.) 5 minutes.

For a grand total of 30 minutes in the brig. Plus, anyone who jumped in disposals anticipating arrival in Cargo and wound up in the HoP office would get a 10-minute sentence.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #76447

Jane, not Jean.

And, yes, that's about it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Allohsnackbar

Post by Allohsnackbar » #76460

Drynwyn wrote:
Allohsnackbar wrote:As a relative newfag, can someone explain the meta/story behind JLP?
So... What happened to him/ her.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #76476

Permabanned from Security after a while, stopped playing on /tg/ I think.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Mastigos

Post by Mastigos » #76583

Also don't forget her religious hatred of silicons, any that attempted to disrupt THE LAW were to be destroyed at all costs. Kimiza was admin for a while too, but ended up getting booted because of his awful attitude towards everybody. You can probably look over the forums and find the shitstorm of drama surrounding him, I think he ended up getting permad at some point too.
#NEVERFORGET
OliveOil
Byond Username: VirginiaXl

Post by OliveOil » #76693

My first ban was for metagaming, I as a rev went to the HoS and outed the leader and round type because I was butthurt. IIRC Rosen banned me.
That was the only justified ban I ever got too, I'm such a model player :honk:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #76770

I was banned for a round for throwing a sulfuric acid grenade into Cargo's lagpocalyptic - is that a word? - trash pile room. One of them walked in just as I threw it.

Oh, well.
bockman22
Byond Username: Bockman22

Post by bockman22 » #76780

Told a borg to go rouge along time ago on basil. Antonkr yelled at me. It was a fun day anyways :)