If I pull that off will you die? Mime/Clown masks.

General SS13 Chat
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

If I pull that off will you die? Mime/Clown masks.

Post by Comrade Leo » #52566

What are peoples opinions on removal of a mime's or clown's mask when arrested?

I have always been the opinion of, that removing a mime/clown's mask when arrested is the highest shitcurity offense ever. To deny a mime of their mask, their very identity is heresy. As someone that mains mime almost exclusively, it doesn't happen very often but when it does it irritates the shit out of me more than being non-antag murdered. There is only so many things you can emote/mime about not having a mask. Even worse for a mime is that you cannot argue for it back verbally (anyone saying use the mime spell to talk needs to be shot for suggesting mimes should speak ever).

I'd like to hear from those who play security, on what their reasoning is for or against removal of the mask of either clown or mime.
I'd also like to hear from other clowns or mimes that have suffered such facerape, and facial humiliation.

Accompanying video somewhat related:
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Re: If I pull that off will you die? Mime/Clown masks.

Post by Knaive » #52569

I usually don't remove their masks because it's pretty harmless to let them have it in my opinion
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #52573

I always try to pay one to bring me the others' mask when I'm chef. Their reward? A burger.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #52577

Depends on how shit they're being.

Breaking into medbay and honking people? Whatever, why are they even in the brig? Apply stunbaton vigorously and leave.
Stealing shit out of science? Yeah okay, confiscate the shit and brig him.
Shoving security and taking their batons, screaming SEC ROGUE HALP SEC ROGUE all the way to the brig? That'll cost you the mask.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #52583

Yeah, what Saegrimr said. Depends on how shit they are being.

Mimes who use their invisible wall to be LE SILENT LE CRIME FIGHTER HON HON HON can walk the length of the station maskless and handcuffed through broken glass though.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #52607

People outside of sec seem more common in stealing this from the mime/clown. Just recently had a chef run off the mime mask because of slippage while costume changing in the bar.

The chef then had the gall to stare out across the counter and ask, "Mime, what is your problem?" This being said from a depowered, dark kitchen as in between doing medical services I pried the powercells out of his APC for what he did. People know what they are doing when they steal this off you.

Similarly the janitorial cart, too, has people griefing it for giggles.
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #52613

Gamarr wrote:Similarly the janitorial cart, too, has people griefing it for giggles.
We've all done it once.
mikecari
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Mikecari

Post by mikecari » #52614

Earthykiller127 wrote:
Gamarr wrote:Similarly the janitorial cart, too, has people griefing it for giggles.
We've all done it once.
Doesn't make it right,the poor janitor does it for free after all.
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #52616

mikecari wrote:
Earthykiller127 wrote:
We've all done it once.
Doesn't make it right,the poor janitor does it for free after all.
I keep using this maym as a janitor, but still. He was provided the equipment for free.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #52620

Worth noting that if you kill a mime and wear their mask you can impersonate them flawlessly, and you're never expected to speak.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #52655

I spaced myself when some chef microwaved my mask in front of me one time. Taking the masks is not cool.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
soulgamer
Byond Username: Soulgamergod

Post by soulgamer » #52683

>Sec looting anything that isnt a weapon from the crew
As HoS I have fired and even brigged officers for this shit. You dont loot the crew even if they are being cunts. You are an officer of "THA LAH!" and you damn well better act like one.

As for non-sec doing it I have to ask why? If the clown is being a shit that makes sense but I cant stand those cunts that fuck with clowns because "FUCK CLOWNS!"
FrostFenex

Post by FrostFenex » #52709

I am of the personal opinion that masks should be impossible to take off unless the mime/clown is
dead. And currently if you pull it off 3 things happen in order 1 try to order new mask 2(which may be skipped if sec is especially shit) rampage, kidnap officers anything to get that mask(besides killing) 3 space self.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #52836

Honestly, I'd personally only remove it on two situations. If i'm going to try to identify the subject(after which it will be returned) or if they are being Perma'd. I personally believe that anyone who goes into perma loses their their identity and should only be referred to by their prisoner number(if the Prisoner IDs still have those of course I don't recall)

Aside from that, it's bad and you're a bad person for doing it.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #53414

Depends, are we talking officers looting the masks and wearing the mask themselves?
Or are we talking about stripping the mask into the cell locker along with the rest of their non-jumpsuit items, like any other mask?

The first is shit (unless you're taking it as a trophy off an antag mime/clown you've killed / shit heel you've driven to ghosting), and this goes for any item you take from someone.
The second is questionable, I generally don't do it unless they're being a complete shit, but the end of the day you lose your privilege to face concealing clothing as soon as you're thrown in a cell. Brigging is a punishment, its meant to be inconvenient and shame you.
Don't like that? Don't slip security or antagonise them. Its that simple.

If you've done enough to earn a perma sentence I'm going to throw you in with an orange jumpsuit and a pair of orange shoes and a prisoner ID card and nothing else, because your round is over. You lost, GG.
Remember that a perma sentence is a death sentence, if we're dressing you up like a carrot we can drag you to the gulag and execute you, and no one will ever find the body.
The only reason we don't do that is because perma is more convenient than having to PDA message the captain, wait for a response, and hope the AI doesn't catch wind and start moaning. And then maybe deal with admin-pms.

So yeah, there's far worse things I could do than take your mask if you're getting permaed.
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #53421

Malkevin wrote: Don't like that? Don't slip security or antagonise them. Its that simple.

If you've done enough to earn a perma sentence I'm going to throw you in with an orange jumpsuit and a pair of orange shoes and a prisoner ID card and nothing else, because your round is over. You lost, GG.

Remember that a perma sentence is a death sentence, if we're dressing you up like a carrot we can drag you to the gulag and execute you, and no one will ever find the body.
Absolute shitcurity 101
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #53430

^ Substanceless post from the average clowntard.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #53432

I like to take their mask and wear it myself if they're a real shitter
otherwise who cares, it's harmless
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit