SS13 Board Game / Card Game Hybrid

General SS13 Chat
Kombosabo
Byond Username: Kombosabo

SS13 Board Game / Card Game Hybrid

Post by Kombosabo » #507909

Hello, I am Kombosabo. :ian:

As some of you may already know (or not) I am creating board game/card game hybrid.
Heavily inspired on Space Station 13 and sci-fi fantasy.
So far I have written many different rules and tons of mechanics, let me share with you all some of my ideas.
I'm curious to know if any of you can add to the game and give opinions about it's current state!

Player Roles:
Players have their own identities, which are made public. Basically everyone knows who you are. Like the roles on space station 13, you can be the captain, the clown, the security officer, doctor. You get the point. On top of that you also have your secret identity, which can be either good or bad. Traitor, changeling, nuclear operative and many others!

Objectives / Greentext:
Every player also gets at least one objective (sometimes more objectives) even non-traitors! Objective vary from hijacking the shuttle, escaping without dying, helping other players complete their objective, killing other players, crafting, stealing and destroying things.

Events:
Every round players must draw at least one card from a big deck of EVENTS, those events will dictate the pace of the current round. Those can be anything related to game modes, xenomorph invasions, meteors, radiation, anomalies, clowns, etc. The events that take place will generate positive and negative shuttle points, those points will be used to determine if the shuttle can be called or not.
Every time a player dies, points will also be generated, so...if there are many players dead, the players that remained alive can call the shuttle.
When the shuttle is called, players must wait for it to arrive and just like in the real game you have to wait for it to reach CENTCOM and only then the game can end. (edited)

Damage System:
Players can take different types of damage: Brute Damage, Oxygen Damage, Toxin Damage and Brute Damage. There are also "Status Ailments" that cause a variety of effects.
If a player is in critical condition they must then draw card from the "Critical Deck". Players will also have positive and negative perks, that will either aid them in their journey, or make the journey much harder depending on what role they are playing. Those perks will also help the players when they are rolling the dice (dice checks) just like in standard table RPGs.
Also, players might start with job-specific cards that will give them an upper hand. For example, the clown and the assistant always start with a "Robust Card" which increases all dice check by +1 (edited)

Difficulty and The Mulligan System:
The pace of the game is actually determined by the amount of rounds that have passed. The game starts out being very easy and peaceful, but it gets harder and harder with every round and the difficulty scaling increases each time making it harder to survive. There is also the "Mulligan System", which makes place when the game is too monotone, allowing non-traitors to become traitors and other anomalies to happen to make the rounds more spicy!
The mulligan system will help to increase the fun and ensure total devastation of the station throughout the game

End Note
With all that being said, I have several other ideas for this game, many items, many abilities, several game modes, events, anomalies, special roles, to add to the game.
I count very much with the support of everyone from the SS13 community.
And I would like to ask you all sincerely what do you think those ideas can be turned into, your overall opinions and any suggestions that can be made, fixed and finetuned. I am all ears!

~~ And I also want to take my time to appreciate if you have read this far into the text, I'm very happy that you took interest in my project, so get in touch!
Thank you very very much

With that said, here is the Discord Server for those who want to join and get updated about my project :)
https://discord.gg/7MGTUsd

Also Admins, please let me know if I posted thread on the right sub-forum.
Otherwise I can move it, etc.

Any support that I can get will be highly appreciated!

Peace :honk: :honk: :honk: