tater gimmicks

General SS13 Chat
Vigilare

tater gimmicks

Post by Vigilare » #55064

tater gimmicks tater gimmicks discuss yer tater gimmicks 'ere

(yes changeling/malf/nuke/cult/rev all count too, but how in the hell do you gimmick those last 2)
Image Image Image
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: tater gimmicks

Post by Saegrimr » #55067

Start a public book club in the Library as cultists, draw a rune under an r-table, table some dude and 360MLGQUICKCONVERT his ass?

I've been wanting to go on a THE FURY run every since I watched someone take over Medbay with a flamethrower. I think that was Reimoo. Shit was amusing as hell to watch.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #55078

THE WINDOWBREAKER was fucking hilarious
Someone grabbed a fireaxe, agent ID + mask and space suit and broke every fucking external window and grille on the station
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #55080

The good ol fashion C4 signaler box trick. Maybe not a gimmick but always funny as hell.

If you can pull it off: Getting a bunch of people to go through the gateway and then blowing it up and then axe murdering them all.

Putting up uranium walls somewhere and then scream for people to help you. Same thing as the escape lube airlock thing except with radiation.

Speaking of which, I want someone to do the old escape lube airlock thing again. I haven't seen it ages.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #55107

As potato lizard, make your target hate you, have them slur you over the radio, then coordinate with your scalefriends and bring down the wrath of the lizardbar.

Or voicechange+agent. I'm not sure. Do lizards still hiss with the voice changer on?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #55280

I was an atmos tech ling a few days ago, haven't played antag ever.
I made one of the maint room a sealed deathtrap filled with only CO2, took a recorder and recorded a long speech for the doctor I was about to murder how he had mocked me and such. I was going to leave him to die with a small oxygen tank waiting to slowly deplete and suffocate to death, all the while I float outside in space and watch him through the window and laugh manically.

...All went well until I had to actually capture the doctor. I sent a PDA message to him, calling for help, he came, I used a ling scream to stun him--- but he wasn't stunned. He just kinda walked it off and I couldn't do anything to capture him! So the first question before making awesome gimmicks is how the fuck do you kidnap someone without murderboning a sec officer first and using his stunbaton?
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #55281

I remember there was a mime in an orange syndicate suit with a seemingly endless supply of plasma canisters.
He kept opening said canisters on the station and causing plasma fires.

His name?

PLASMANIAC!
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
Earthykiller127

Post by Earthykiller127 » #55295

kosmos wrote:So the first question before making awesome gimmicks is how the fuck do you kidnap someone without murderboning a sec officer first and using his stunbaton?
make a stun prod and cable restraints
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #55302

Pop a crate.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Vigilare

Post by Vigilare » #55305

kosmos wrote:So the first question before making awesome gimmicks is how the fuck do you kidnap someone without murderboning a sec officer first and using his stunbaton?
Ling EMP can crack open lockers (like an ion rifle) - find a Sec post, hide the locker somewhere secret and EMP it open, take the sweet loot, close and EMP to lock it, put it back.

Cablecuffs aren't hard to make - rightclick cable coils (15+) and 'Make Cable Restraints'.

If you're feeling clowny, mutesting them then drag them over some soap, apply cablecuffs.

.. actually, mutesting them anyway. Their best weapon against a prepared ling is calling it out over comms, and if you take that away from them...

If you're a shirtless QM, taser crates are your friend. Scientist? Advanced eguns. Chemist/bartender? Beepsky smash. The possibilities are endless.
Image Image Image
Fragnostic
Byond Username: Fragnostic

Post by Fragnostic » #55626

WARNING: Requires basic amount of robust:
Got tasked with assassinating someone?
Build a ragecage and buy two eswords.
Challenge target to a fight.
Robust their ass and win the respect of the crew, getting away with murder.
Pick up the esword of your felled opponent and make a double esword to robust any body sec that wanna valid anyway.
LE GREENTEXT xDDD
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #55745

I did a tator gimmick on Badger a while ago as a crazed cannibal, and started cooking up members of the crew.

I think it went over well.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #55746

Doesn't sound too different from regular chef.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #55747

I don't understand why they got so upset! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Loonikus
Byond Username: Loonicus

Post by Loonikus » #56018

Next time I'm a tator, I want to dress up in yellow gym shorts with a yellow scarf, a blue suit jacket, blue no-slip shoes, blue hat and gloves, and a voice changer with an Agent ID named Captain Sweden.

I will than run around the station, hunting down and kidnapping evil white male human oppressors while screaming "SWEDEN! YES!"
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #56060

Loonikus wrote:Next time I'm a tator, I want to dress up in yellow gym shorts with a yellow scarf, a blue suit jacket, blue no-slip shoes, blue hat and gloves, and a voice changer with an Agent ID named Captain Sweden.

I will than run around the station, hunting down and kidnapping evil white male human oppressors while screaming "SWEDEN! YES!"
You can't do the whole gimmick though since ERP is banned.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #56076

cedarbridge wrote:
Loonikus wrote:Next time I'm a tator, I want to dress up in yellow gym shorts with a yellow scarf, a blue suit jacket, blue no-slip shoes, blue hat and gloves, and a voice changer with an Agent ID named Captain Sweden.

You can't do the whole gimmick though since ERP is banned.
Where did he say he planned on fucking them? I imagine a hidden room full of people with no headsets or anytbing that he sits and watches through a window while they fight to the death, only the true Swede leaves alive.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #56138

Turning everyone into monkeys as a Chemist and throwing them in the pen. No one ever bothers to ask why I have 30 dead monkeys. After a while I just get bored and stop cloning people.

Also, the escape lube trick, but you make it the only path and tell everyone you made a slip-n-slide.
NikNakFlak wrote:If you can pull it off: Getting a bunch of people to go through the gateway and then blowing it up and then axe murdering them all.
Sounds like a Stargate episode.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Balut
Byond Username: Balut

Post by Balut » #56996

I HAVE A DREAM.

A DREAM, THAT I WILL GET TRAITOR.

AND BE ASSIGNED THE JANITOR AS AN ASSASSINATION TARGET.

AND ON THAT DAY, I WILL MAKE A MESS

HIDE IN A CLOSET

AND CALL THE JANITOR.

AND WHEN HE COMES TO CLEAN UP THE MESS

I WILL POP OUT OF THAT CLOSET WITH A REVOLVER

SCREAM "GARBAGE DAY"

AND SHOOT HIM DEAD.
"Yeah, they're kick-ass robot pilots!" "But they sing and dance!" "They launch from a secret base..." "...that's right under the opera house!"
Sakura Wars
Spoiler:
Malkevin wrote:
No no, I don't want to be surrounded by spergs
An0n3 wrote:
Why are you here then?
http://sam.wileycomputerworks.com/SS13/
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #56999

Balut wrote:I WILL POP OUT OF THAT CLOSET WITH A REVOLVER

SCREAM "GARBAGE DAY"
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
LunchboxKilla
Byond Username: Lunchboxkilla

Post by LunchboxKilla » #57000

I want Rev head... Flash people and order them to party with me in the bar. No longer be forever alone