Where did the AI announcement lines come from?

General SS13 Chat
StrawberryMoses
Byond Username: StrawberryMoses

Where did the AI announcement lines come from?

Post by StrawberryMoses » #527489

See title; I've been curious lately on where these actually came from, when the AI announces that the emergency shuttle has docked, meteors are colliding with the station, etc? Is this a voice actor being run through some filters, or a text to speech?
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Re: Where did the AI announcement lines come from?

Post by RaveRadbury » #527490

https://github.com/N3X15/ss13-vox is the project that generated all of the vox lines, I assume that it might be related?
StrawberryMoses
Byond Username: StrawberryMoses

Post by StrawberryMoses » #527491

I was under the impression that that project was only able to generate the rougher voice lines used for the vox, and could do some phrases- didn't think that it did the longer ones

edit: qustinnus says that they were voice acted. For historical purposes, I'd love to know who did them or how they got that effect, so the knowledge of it isn't completely lost to time. Those files must be what, 8 to 10 years old?
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Post by legality » #527542

StrawberryMoses wrote:I was under the impression that that project was only able to generate the rougher voice lines used for the vox, and could do some phrases- didn't think that it did the longer ones

edit: qustinnus says that they were voice acted. For historical purposes, I'd love to know who did them or how they got that effect, so the knowledge of it isn't completely lost to time. Those files must be what, 8 to 10 years old?
At least as old as 2010. They were already in when I started playing in October of that year. Skie did a lot of our original audio work. It may have been him, but it may also have been someone from Goon.