Community advocates?

General SS13 Chat
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Community advocates?

Post by bandit » #2610

Are there still community advocates? I want to talk to an impartial party about some matters regarding my treatment in game. One who will not tell me EVERYBODY HATES YOU, DO NOT PLAY HERE. Or will at least tell people who say shit like that to stop saying shit like that due to Rule 1.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
bandit

Re: Community advocates?

Post by bandit » #2612

Specifically:
1.We’re all here to have a good time. If you’re intentionally trying to ruin everyone else’s good time, you won’t have a place here. Being a jerk in-character is fine to a point, but being a jerk out of character is not welcome at all.
I just want to have a good time. That's why I'm here. I don't intentionally try to ruin anyone's good time, if I unintentionally ruin someone's good time I apologize if I find out about it, and I try not to be a jerk either IC or OOC. When I'm not an antag, I try to save people in crit, help people out, do my job competently, etc. But whenever I bring things like this up, I get made fun of and mocked, and sometimes it affects my IC experience (either by people griefing me, or people dragging me into OOC arguments that get me killed/my stuff stolen/etc because I cannot simultaneously handle OOC chat and IC game. This is not about any specific round, it happens a lot.) And when I try to cite this rule, somehow it magically... stops applying, because it's me whose good time is being ruined? I don't understand why that's going on.

admin feedback pls
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #2614

I was present when the arguing over the domains was happening in deadchat that round, in which I presume caused you to make this thread. At no point during that, would I say anyone was treating you rudely (in my opinion, anyway).

What keeps happening is you keep bringing up old topics, or trying to stir the pot. This time it happened to be about coderbus.com being some kind of "seekrit agenda", and that everyone should stop refering to the coderbus.com domain because players won't find the site, etc. Repeatedly, people insisted this isn't the case, and it just dragged on further and further until Errorage was brought up into the mix. I made the comment towards you that "this is the sole reason people don't care for you".

It's the same thing happening now that happened when we were purged from the old site, except on a new topic. If you can't handle OOC/IC content at the same time, perhaps consider disabling OOC?
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #2620

<scaredofshadows> the position is going to be re-evaluated
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #2631

This time it happened to be about coderbus.com being some kind of "seekrit agenda", and that everyone should stop refering to the coderbus.com domain because players won't find the site, etc.
On that note: coderbus.com was made because at first, this was never ment to be the main forums, it was just suppose to be the coderbuses special short bus that errorage was suggesting we make because he didn't won't us on his short bus.

Then it was determined that no one wanted on errorage's short bus, and tgstation13.org was born, while i was sleeping and had no idea this was going on.

Followed that up with confusion after tgstation13.org was made the main domain because other peeps kept using coderbus.com

Well....

I have fixed that.

Coderbus.com will now send back a 301 (moved permanently) and the address for the same requested page @ tgstation13.org
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #2635

It's a combination of people being annoyed with you bringing up the same tired subject over and over again and people trolling you.
bandit

Post by bandit » #2674

Hornygranny wrote:It's a combination of people being annoyed with you bringing up the same tired subject over and over again and people trolling you.
It's the latter I'm concerned about, mainly, as that would break Rule 1. Or at least merit a warning... right? I don't see how a parade of people going "EVERYBODY HATES YOU, DO NOT PLAY HERE" can be called anything but "treating you rudely" - it's close to a direct quote, I'm really not exaggerating anything at all, and it is not the first time it's happened - and at times it has filtered through to my IC play experience. That's mainly why I was wondering about advocates, because surely a neutral party would see that as rude. Right?

admin feedback pls
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #2685

it's so fucking easy to make a new byond account, new forum name ecetera
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #2694

God damn it, Shinji, no one hates you but going on incessantly about it WILL make people hate you
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #2695

This is not the thread to be emptyquoting people in.

This is not a nomination thread for something that at the current time does not exist and warnings will start being issued.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #2725

Vekter wrote:God damn it, Shinji, no one hates you but going on incessantly about it WILL make people hate you
This is too true. Incessantly mentioning I'VE BEEN BANNED I'VE BEEN BANNED all over every 2 second is just going to make people mad.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #2766

my understanding was that the advocate position was pretty much guttered because admins didn't like it
which is the most counter-intuitive reason i could ever think of for such a thing, but honestly, i don't care anymore
drama is stupid
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #2772

My guess is that it was a do nothing job. All it really served was "special snowflake" syndromes. Frankly, they had absolutely no business posting in FNR or even acting as if what they do can make it an impact on a ban decision because they don't have a clue. Beyond that, name a single actual thing they've done.

To bgo, please stop with the victim complex. You know what they about the boy who cried wolf
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #2774

miggles wrote:my understanding was that the advocate position was pretty much guttered because admins didn't like it
which is the most counter-intuitive reason i could ever think of for such a thing, but honestly, i don't care anymore
drama is stupid
It was because nothing was actually accomplished. It turned out that players being too scared to come forward about issues was not a problem, and scaredofshadows was not convinced that there was a need for the position.
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #2791

miggles wrote:my understanding was that the advocate position was pretty much guttered because admins didn't like it
drama is stupid
Agreed. I don't care anymore either. People here take the game and their cute little positions too seriously.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #2793

I would've been pretty happy if any advocates had come to me and told me some bad shiggy diggy is happening and I had sorted it.
But that is not the case.
A great idea in principal, not so good in practise.
I play Boris Pepper.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #2805

You can still confide things with other, more experienced people if you feel you're being bullied.
I'm sure someone like Miggles would love to deal with that even if they weren't given an official title appointed by the all-mighty Gods.
And I'm sure that Bluespace wouldn't mind actually dealing with the issue even if they aren't talking to an official representative, with documents signed in triplicate.
I personally don't want to see Advocates back because they served super little purpose, but Bgo, if you really feel people are breaking rule 1, start talking it over with people.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
scaredofshadows
In Game PermaBanned

Post by scaredofshadows » #2848

This is the way I'd like this position to work - one person will be named player advocate and report directly to me. Their job will be to bring problems to me and argue for the playerbase be it an individual or the entire playerbase.
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #2947

One advocate dealing with several reports might become a problem though.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #2964

I don't think there were enough reports to justify more than one in the first place.
I play Boris Pepper.
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3042

I didn't think it was such a problem as to require the position in the first place.

For example. Bgo wouldn't have this "problem" if they didn't cry over spilled milk. Nothing against you, but you open yourself up to whatever "trolling" happens to you by claiming people are out to get you, bring up "ADMINS DONT LIKE YOU," claim victim, and then rinse and repeat.

If you ever stopped to think "This is the internet, fuck what people think," you would be much better off. You get no where bringing up old topics over and over. It gets old

In short: chill out.

If someone can cite where an actual problem was solved by community advocates rather than a 'envisioned' problem, I'll concede my point but as it stands, and I've been saying this from the beginning, if there's an issue with an admin, it can be brought to another admin or headmin. And if every admin and other players are saying the same thing, they're probably right.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #3445

I really dont see the point of the position. Its just a circle jerk of popularity to me.
/vg/station Head Admin
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #3448

"circle jerk"
my sides
the position was gutted by whoever decided not to give access to the advocates on this forum
sos saying that it's being re-evaluated is just an excuse by whoever that is to kill it because they do not like it
rip
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Post by Comrade Leo » #3459

danno wrote:"circle jerk"
my sides
the position was gutted by whoever decided not to give access to the advocates on this forum
sos saying that it's being re-evaluated is just an excuse by whoever that is to kill it because they do not like it
rip
Erro's and this forums must run entirely on drama. We must be running out here so danno is making some more.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #3464

Comrade Leo wrote:
my sides
rip
Erro's and this forums must run entirely on drama. We must be running out here so danno is making some more.
no, erro's runs on drama, this one runs on the tears of casuals and elves
cultist-chan
Byond Username: Corruptroulette

Post by cultist-chan » #3467

Kraso wrote:
Comrade Leo wrote:
my sides
rip
no, erro's runs on drama, this one runs on the tears of casuals and elves
Consider this: http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=219
Now consider that nobody has posted the way that the new forum overlords want them to post.
Time will tell... but I'm bordering on uuuhhh nope
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #3485

Comrade Leo wrote:
my sides
rip
not even drama
literally what happened
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #3486

danno wrote: sos saying that it's being re-evaluated is just an excuse by whoever that is to kill it because they do not like it
>whoever that is

If you don't recognize the host of the servers you play on, then you should keep your mouth shut about admin affairs.

The position of advocate wasn't 'gutted' by the advocates not having forum mod powers (there's nothing in the private forums at all yet anyway)
It was gutted by half of the old advocates not even signing up to the new forums.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #3487

Cheridan wrote:
danno wrote: sos saying that it's being re-evaluated is just an excuse by whoever that is to kill it because they do not like it
>whoever that is

If you don't recognize the host of the servers you play on, then you should keep your mouth shut about admin affairs.

The position of advocate wasn't 'gutted' by the advocates not having forum mod powers (there's nothing in the private forums at all yet anyway)
It was gutted by half of the old advocates not even signing up to the new forums.
Cheridan, not to butt in, But I'm almost 90% certain you misunderstood Danno there. Danno knows who SoS is, they don't know the person who didn't give the Advocates access on these forums, But the way you've quoted it (And no doubt read it as) Makes it look like Danno doesn't know who SoS is instead.
danno wrote: the position was gutted by whoever decided not to give access to the advocates on this forum
私は完璧
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #3493

Cheridan wrote:
>whoever that is

I'm pretty sure me, miggles and (I think) pinky signed up in here
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #3500

Remie Richards wrote: Cheridan, not to butt in, But I'm almost 90% certain you misunderstood Danno there.
Oh. Yeah, you're probably right. That makes more sense, actually.
Anyway, I'm sure advisors not getting those privileges was an oversight rather than the "Yesss my minions we will slay the advocaaates hissss *wrings hands*" conspiring he makes it out to be.
Kraso wrote: I'm pretty sure me, miggles and (I think) pinky signed up in here
Pinky seems to have, but she's yet to make a post. I can confirm that Crag isn't coming back to the position. Secret doesn't seem to have made the transition, unless she's signed up another a different name.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #3501

Cheridan wrote:
Remie Richards wrote: Cheridan, not to butt in, But I'm almost 90% certain you misunderstood Danno there.
Oh. Yeah, you're probably right. That makes more sense, actually.
Anyway, I'm sure advisors not getting those privileges was an oversight rather than the "Yesss my minions we will slay the advocaaates hissss *wrings hands*" conspiring he makes it out to be.
Kraso wrote: I'm pretty sure me, miggles and (I think) pinky signed up in here
Pinky seems to have, but she's yet to make a post. I can confirm that Crag isn't coming back to the position. Secret doesn't seem to have made the transition, unless she's signed up another a different name.
That explains why our irc channel has been more emptier than a clubhouse in the morning.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #3503

No that's because it's a counter productive position made to fix a problem that didn't exist, it doesn't matter who is an advocate.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles

Post by miggles » #3517

pretty sure sac explicitly boycotted this forum because of the removal of advocates
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #3521

How silly. Why don't the advocates get together with SoS and the headmins to determine if the position will still be a thing? With some changes maybe? Nobody in the forums or the forum itself should be ordering you to be or not to be. (honk)

Cmon guys, stop complaining and organize yourselves, don't blame the forums, the solution is quite simple.
I accept donations, click here
Hornygranny
Horny Police

Post by Hornygranny » #3866

If you do not ask, you will not receive.
miggles

Post by miggles » #3881

the other ones are free to do as they like
i dont care anymore
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562464

Yeah, yeah, surf
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey, hey
Hey, hey
Said where are you goin'? Can I come too?
The whole world is open, a playground for me and you
And we could be fine, shit, who the hell knows?
It's your eyes and your ears and your mouth and your nose
Head and your shoulders, your knees and your toes
I dream of this moment, will it come true?
The whole world, they know it, they just waiting for me and you
And she, just like I, got her head in the clouds
Don't need to be lower, before it's all over, I promise we'll figure it out
I ain't comin' down, why would I need to?
So much of this world is above us, baby
They might tell you that I went crazy
I'm just tryna read you
Ooh
Ooh, ooh
I know we try
And the days, they go by
Until we get old
There's water in the flowers, let's grow
People, they lie
But hey, so do I
Until it gets old
Let it go, let it be
We're all we need today
Let it go, let it be
Mm, mm, mm, mm
Yeah, well, sometimes I get lonely, not when I'm alone
But it's more when I'm standin' in crowds that I'm feelin' the most on my own
And I know that somebody knows me, I know somewhere there's home
I'm starting to see that all I have to do is get up and go
Goin', goin', goin', before I'm gone
Gotta get goin', goin', goin', before I'm gone
Hey, and I know we try
Days, they go by
Until we get old
People, they lie
But hey, so do I
Until it gets old
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562465

beautiful man. this why i want it man i dont get it when not but this is why i want it sooooooomuch better damn god DAMN WOO this why i want it aint no doubt about it this little light of mine yknow man? this why i want it godmdan so much better wht u like that more?fuckin sounds like minecraft kinda is that thundercat? idk thundercat isnt even that good lol at making songs his new albyum suks drunk wa good (same) but like most of it wasnt eh laddie i mean like where im GOIGN FIRE
gdodammnnnn but adummmmmmmmm tron song ??? ehhhhh no cunt thumbsdumw GOD zbut fucking where im going and THEM CHANGES ooh BABY wowoowowowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww DAMN that BASS but lets be honest bass is all thundercat fucking offers what the fuck else is he good at bro fuck your falsetto somehow iv convinced myself its good but ITS FUCKING NOT like wtf dude yeah ur songs are peaceful for a satisfied mind but how fucking often is that for me? once in a blue moon fuck you
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562466

need tof ucking listen to amdvillain but ok ITS NOT WINTER but umm like NOT SUMMERB Either so i cant listen to faces or flamagra or swimming or the one before flamagra por but i wanna listen to yeezus caue im listening to hold my liquor godFUCK fucking CRAZY PUSSY HAD ME DEAD MIGHT CALL TUPAC OVER YEEZY ALL ON YOUR SOFA YOU LOVE ME WHEN I AINT SOBER YOU LOVE ME You love me when I ain't sober
You love me when I'm hungover
Even when I blow doja
Then her auntie came over
Skinny bitch with no shoulders
Tellin' you that I'm bogus
Bitch, you don't even know us
"Baby girl, he's a loner"
"Baby girl, he's a loner"
Late-night organ donor
After that, he disown ya
After that he's just hopeless
Soul mates become soulless
"When it's over it's over"
And bitch, I'm back out my coma fucking SHIT"

SHIT
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562467

un-undead yourself, necromancer
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: