Pains, Traditions, and Rituals New Players Will Never Experience

General SS13 Chat
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Re: Pains, Traditions, and Rituals New Players Will Never Experience

Post by confused rock » #681148

Bottom post of the previous page:

Having only one antagonist type per round ensuring some semblance of balance and focus instead of an incoherent sandbox mess every round
edit: also cardinal direction only movement
GPeckman
Byond Username: GPeckman

Post by GPeckman » #683800

Vekter wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:26 pm Raiding the entirety of the armory with telesci
Still possible with a bluespace launchpad, as long as you're close enough to the armory. I've done it twice.
Vekter wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:26 pm "AI, open up EVA? I need some metal."
Also still a thing, at least on Sybil. Maybe the miners are better on other servers.
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Post by massa » #683995

When I joined my first game I was very clueless. It was in 2011.

I joined as clown, slipped on poo in the arrivals airlock, the hall was depressurized and I died on the very first step off the arrivals shuttle.

Weeks later me and my boy were spraying poop and welder fuel out of fire extinguishers. It used to cause a fun fire. None of you have seen poo. I'm glad it's gone, but there's a part of me that remembers it fondly.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #684034

Your avatar is my genuine reaction to your post, Massa.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
massa

Post by massa » #684036

datorangebottle wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 5:40 pm Your avatar is my genuine reaction to your post, Massa.
I was 13 at the time on Goon.

I remember when I learned trig in high school and was then able to do goon telesci, years after my first poo death, during the era of wrestling moves, screaming, farts and darkness.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #684269

oranges wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:36 am the bible melting 50,000 times
:honkman:
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #684273

That year or so after diagonal movement was added but during which diagonal movement was noticeably slower than just moving one direction then another, so if you wanted to be competitive in dodging clicks you had to dance dance revolution around your opponents without hitting any keys together.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
stairmaster
Byond Username: Stairmaster

Post by stairmaster » #684436

remember when you needed paper to play cult
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #684444

stairmaster wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:38 pm remember when you needed paper to play cult
explain please.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
c4g
Byond Username: C4g

Post by c4g » #684458

vect0r wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:36 pm
stairmaster wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:38 pm remember when you needed paper to play cult
explain please.
its been so long i forgot this was ever a thing so i might have the details wrong, but iirc the way preparing spells used to work was you'd draw the runes for the spell onto the paper? i don't remember if you still needed to draw blood.

like today if you wanted to stun youd just use your dagger and prepare the spell, then when you click the button it goes into your hand, then you just slap em with it. but before you had to put it on a sheet of paper and hit them with that. i remember stealing the whole paper tray from whatever department i was in and stashing it my bag for cult rounds
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Post by vect0r » #684469

c4g wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 3:33 am
explain please.
its been so long i forgot this was ever a thing so i might have the details wrong, but iirc the way preparing spells used to work was you'd draw the runes for the spell onto the paper? i don't remember if you still needed to draw blood.

like today if you wanted to stun youd just use your dagger and prepare the spell, then when you click the button it goes into your hand, then you just slap em with it. but before you had to put it on a sheet of paper and hit them with that. i remember stealing the whole paper tray from whatever department i was in and stashing it my bag for cult rounds
That is amazing.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #684474

paper cult was soulful. but also bad, because it was the same era where you had to research your spells to get anything done. so many "nothing happening" cult rounds...
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #686517

vect0r wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:20 am
explain please.

That is amazing.
I would put my spells all in a folder in my pocket, each paper with labels so I know what they are

It's also, let's be clear, ABSOLUTELY INSANE that this would let you put most of the strongest cult spells in your pocket, with 0 cooldown, with all the brute damage you take for making runes done in advance, limited only by that every rune to draw consisted of a bunch of words you had to research, translate, and tie together into the proper sequence to be useful
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #686546

Pandarsenic wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:23 pm
vect0r wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:20 am
explain please.

That is amazing.
I would put my spells all in a folder in my pocket, each paper with labels so I know what they are

It's also, let's be clear, ABSOLUTELY INSANE that this would let you put most of the strongest cult spells in your pocket, with 0 cooldown, with all the brute damage you take for making runes done in advance, limited only by that every rune to draw consisted of a bunch of words you had to research, translate, and tie together into the proper sequence to be useful
For the majority of the time I played, researching words wasn't a thing but the paper cult was, so it was even more insane. I distinctly remember doing a 12 minute cult round once or twice because it was that easy.

My contribution to the thread:
- Dream station (long hallway station)
- Asteroid (ass) station
- Real birdboat
- efficiency station
- cloning, and better yet, speed cloning.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #686616

Old Circuits were removed mere days before i first joined tg
Clockwork (removed way later) and gangs were disabled more than 5 years ago, even before i joined
I remember donut station being in rotation
Old radiation was my favorite removed feature just for the biological destruction it caused
I remember when bagel was east coast
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
massa

Post by massa » #686633

polytrinic acid smoke grenades instacritting everyone on the tiles the smoke generated on the tick it generated, then you could safely pass through

or unstable mutagen smoke grenades doing the same thing except it ticked for every smoke thing so you got literally like 18 mutations and were just blind and deaf

bring back polytrinic acid
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #686670

Reminds me of when 1 syringe of syriniver used to kill you

Or the time i watched a murderbone wizard going into oxyloss crit take a green medkit instead of a blue medkit and die because he couldn't counter oxyloss and made a matrix copypasta out of it
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

massa

Post by massa » #687523

I had an era where I played cargo tech, emagged the console, and ordered dozens of null crates every time I got tot, which was often enough because I played a lot. Pretty sure I was a contributing factor to it getting nerfed, because I did it a LOOOOOT.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #691372

I haven't played in awhile... did anyone say anything about raiding Russian station and not getting lost in space because space tiles weren't randomized yet?
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #691418

i miss being a traitor HOP and giving out AA to fucking EVERYONE

GOD DAMN YOU MOTHBLOCCKKSSS
conrad
Byond Username: Conrad Thunderbunch

Post by conrad » #693884

When I resumed playing December last year after my exodus my dumbass thought Shaft Miner would a good way to come back to the game. So I mine ore, realize the lavaland smelter rig thing was boarded off, ask about it in radio. They tell me to come up, the ORM is at the station, whatever the fuck that is.

I beam back up, smelt my ore, withdraw it, go aaaall the way to Sci and personally ask for mining tech, dropping mats on their window.

Oblivious to the silo, and the fact miners have the science channel on their headsets.

Truly one of the rounds of all time.
I normally go by Ricky. Tell me how'd I do here.
And now a word from our sponsors:
dendydoom wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:51 am conrad is a badass
Armhulen wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:08 pm
The Spessmen Times wrote:Prohibition agent Sam Salamander bragged that he could find a metacord in any server in under 30 minutes. In Bagil it took him 21 minutes. In Sybil 17 minutes, and Manuel just 11 minutes. But Terry set the record of 35 seconds. Sam asked an assistant on the arrivals shuttle where to get a discord invite, and the assistant linked him one.
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 1:13 pm
Kendrickorium wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:53 am
kayozz wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:24 am
conrad wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:47 am I'm with Gupta on this one you only ever get two eyeballs.
Speak for yourself two-eyes.
With love,
A genuine cyclops.
absolutely based, do you wear an eyepatch?
That would render a cyclops blind.
RedBaronFlyer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 pm
Drag wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 pm We should do a weighted random headmins vote, let God decide
It would somehow manage to pick Birdshot Station for headmin if we did that
Lacran wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:02 pm If you can't do the time, don't play a mime
kayozz wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 3:04 pm Don't wanna get beat? Keep your clown shoes on your feet.
kieth4 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:03 pm I have clapped women with cat ears but I would not clap a cat fr kinda a flarped up connection
Vekter wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:13 pm I don't care if you disagree, you're wrong.
yttriums wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:13 am borg players shouldn't be able to ahelp. you signed up to play as a piece of equipment. this is like a table ahelping you for wrenching it
dendydoom wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm basically what we learned from this is that i continue to be right about everything
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #693906

Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:42 am i miss being a traitor HOP and giving out AA to fucking EVERYONE

I can't imagine how annoying that could have been sometimes. I already get annoyed as is when the HOP doesn't ask the respective department head if it's okay for them to give department access to someone/job transfer them to that department.
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #693970

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:51 am
Kendrickorium wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:42 am i miss being a traitor HOP and giving out AA to fucking EVERYONE

I can't imagine how annoying that could have been sometimes. I already get annoyed as is when the HOP doesn't ask the respective department head if it's okay for them to give department access to someone/job transfer them to that department.
"hey im the new officer"
"youre fired"
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #694085

remember when the odysseus was the best combat mech because bluespace/stasis syringes could make you instantly explode
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
Rageguy505
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Rageguy505

Post by Rageguy505 » #694096

conrad wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:47 am When I resumed playing December last year after my exodus my dumbass thought Shaft Miner would a good way to come back to the game. So I mine ore, realize the lavaland smelter rig thing was boarded off, ask about it in radio. They tell me to come up, the ORM is at the station, whatever the fuck that is.

I beam back up, smelt my ore, withdraw it, go aaaall the way to Sci and personally ask for mining tech, dropping mats on their window.

Oblivious to the silo, and the fact miners have the science channel on their headsets.

Truly one of the rounds of all time.
Ore deliveries were so cool
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #694117

nianjiilical wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 7:15 pm remember when the odysseus was the best combat mech because bluespace/stasis syringes could make you instantly explode
I remember when combat mechs were able to be built within 20 minutes instead of being locked behind 30 experiments only to still get dumpsters by ion guns either way
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #695538

I feel like you could make AT LEAST a hour long video of removed content

what really stuck out to me was nanites cus I never got to learn them sadly but it seems like you could do a lot of it with virology anyways
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #695608

Nanites were shallow sadly but the spectrum of modules was broad
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

davirr
Byond Username: Davirr

Post by davirr » #709773

Releasing the Singularity in an attempt to fight Nar Sie for dominance.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #709843

davirr wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:05 am Releasing the Singularity in an attempt to fight Nar Sie for dominance.
you can definitely still do this? it would just be really hard to get the timing right
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #710274

i see you guys are almost on page 5..................
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #710283

celularLAmp wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:19 pm what really stuck out to me was nanites cus I never got to learn them sadly but it seems like you could do a lot of it with virology anyways
you didnt miss out on much
they were very shallow and very powerful, it wasnt so much of a learning process
respect (let him do his thing)
celularLAmp
Byond Username: Celulamp

Post by celularLAmp » #712940

kinnebian wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:56 am
celularLAmp wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:19 pm what really stuck out to me was nanites cus I never got to learn them sadly but it seems like you could do a lot of it with virology anyways
you didnt miss out on much
they were very shallow and very powerful, it wasnt so much of a learning process
I legit only remember people making people say bad words with it
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #713368

The whole station getting all access every other round because some assistant knew the 30 second captains office bumrush strat was annoying as a sec player but also hilarious and I'm sad new players will never experience it. I used to wait in maintenance by the caps office to arrest and steal the tools of the first tider I saw. Sometimes I'd sit in the arrivals checkpoint in the locker and bust out when they went to give themselves access on the computer.

When I played detective, I'd just watch the caps office camera, note down the name, and then unload the .38 on them first chance I got (back when it stunned/did brute). Then I'd give myself all access and use it to enforce the law (((my will))). It was a dangerous game though because one slipup on my part and I may as well throw away my badge and gun and drink at the bar due to dozens of assistants walking freely into the armory.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #713392

can you still disposal into captains office
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #713456

Timonk wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:43 am can you still disposal into captains office
no idea, i think i remember that being possible on meta but idk if its changed.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #713466

Is it as easy to get away with All Access HoP every round as it was in the old days? Was it as easy as I remember?

In a simpler easier time I remember occasionally being That HoP even if I used my powers mostly for good.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #713541

Timonk wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:43 am can you still disposal into captains office
Last I checked the captain's office is the only office that doesn't have a direct mail chute option for the delivery tag in cargo
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #713547

RedBaronFlyer wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:50 am
Last I checked the captain's office is the only office that doesn't have a direct mail chute option for the delivery tag in cargo
No I meant through disposals
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

DATAxPUNGED
Byond Username: DATAxPUNGED

Post by DATAxPUNGED » #715469

bobbahbrown wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:48 am
- You will never experience the SOUL of planning your movements keypress by keypress during lagspikes
What are you talking about, i experience this on a daily basis
- Brazilian Manuel Player

Higgin
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Higgin

Post by Higgin » #723496

MAGIC SIGN: EVIL DREAM SEALING TALISMAN!
feedback appreciated here <3
DrAmazing343
Byond Username: DrAmazing343

Post by DrAmazing343 » #724059

ThanatosRa wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:37 pm Is it as easy to get away with All Access HoP every round as it was in the old days? Was it as easy as I remember?
Wallets display the ID in the farthest left slot. Leave your HoP ID in there and make three Head of Staff ID's to fill the other three slots in the wallet. All accesses in the whole wallet count for walking into doors to open them when worn, so you've BASICALLY got all-access since all of those cards have space for more esoteric accesses you may wish to add.
WALTER BRING BACK CRACK!!!