suicide peanut (x19)

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

suicide peanut (x19)

Post by terranaut » #562749

on the one hand
>banning because people dont want to play some shitty laggy map

on the other hand
>cringe suicide chapel on manuel

cant decide
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Re: suicide peanut (x19)

Post by Kel » #562751

3 days for suicide as non command but yet the punishment for suiciding as command is a jobban... ok
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #562752

We will never permit people to grief the round due to round circumstances or poor round performance as a result of code issues.

If you break the rules, you break the rules. End of story.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #562754

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #562755

Hmm
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #562756

this is a plot to kill manuel, terry will rise
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #562757

Shoutout to n00blina for posting a peanut that only served to illustrate how shitty he was.

OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #562758

NecromancerAnne wrote:We will never permit people to grief the round due to round circumstances or poor round performance as a result of code issues.

550 time dilation is unplayable, at that point you need to step in and either do something like killing atmos and lighting or just force another map
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #562762

If necessary ban the people who ic in ooced, to ban the people who quietly suicided is fucking stupid. If the game is unplayable don’t punish people for not wanting to play.
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #562763

wesoda25 wrote:If necessary ban the people who ic in ooced, to ban the people who quietly suicided is fucking stupid. If the game is unplayable don’t punish people for not wanting to play.
my thoughts, after 3 broken rounds suiciding is fine. it's the people who all met up in chapel from OOC commands and bombed the chapel to suicide is just another reason why this round went to shit so hard
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #562764

Meeting up in the chapel is acting on OOC info which is against the rules but also somewhat understandable so those bans were lessened to a day. People who suicided outside the chapel got their bans lifted.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #562766

This is why bot bus should ping supportmin and server specific roles when someone ahelps with nobody online. I can find at least 4 ahelps in bot bus where people are asking admins to come help them with the server lagging due to icebox. There is another one too that says that people are going to mass suicide at the chapel. Its so bad its almost funny that admins finally get on Manuel after people have devolved into breaking the rules to try and solve their issue.
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #562768

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #562769

NecromancerAnne wrote:We will never permit people to grief the round due to round circumstances or poor round performance as a result of code issues.

That's odd, I have fond memories of the entire crew griefing donut station whenever it came up in the queue.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
teepeepee
Byond Username: Teepeepee

Post by teepeepee » #562770

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:

That's odd, I have fond memories of the entire crew griefing donut station whenever it came up in the queue.
same thing happened on cerestation every round until they got it removed
it seems icebox is finally the one map admins will defend
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #562771

Play on the 500% time dilation map or be banned. You have to abide by the rules so go on and roleplay as you usually would.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #562773

dont ever play a paladin in a tabletop game for the sake of everybody involved
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #562775

Eskjjlj wrote:Play on the 500% time dilation map or be banned. You have to abide by the rules so go on and roleplay as you usually would.
gaslighting this bad shouldn't be acceptable on general chat.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #562777

I was pretty mad at midnightrose since they weren't there to see how bad it was and it was totally understandable but then midnightrose posted the gettysburg fucking address in big red letters and I had to agree with everything they said so I was only slightly mad
Big fucking I told you so though felt good when I told everyone in ooc "THIS IS MANUEL GET USED TO LAG LIKE THIS SHIT HAPPENS" and everyone told me off
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562778

Kel wrote:

dont ever play a paladin in a tabletop game for the sake of everybody involved
based
Cobby wrote:
Eskjjlj wrote:Play on the 500% time dilation map or be banned. You have to abide by the rules so go on and roleplay as you usually would.
gaslighting this bad shouldn't be acceptable on general chat.
cringe, dont buzzwordify "gaslighting" please, it has an actual definition that isn't "saying something i disagree with"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #562782

honestly it's not like nobody tried to pull admins from other servers, most people didn't think of it but most importantly nobody was trying to suicide in bad faith, people were just trying to avoid getting another lag spike so bad that a restart vote would take 20 minutes to pass instead of 140 seconds. If this did somehow ruin your round then you're a complete idiot who should've realized this was going to happen and your round would've been ruined anyway either when the lag spike that was expected ended up occuring or when the wizard died.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #562784

fuck was it rose or anne who came on I don't remember they're literally the same person completely indistinguishable
SkeletalElite
Byond Username: SkeletalElite
Github Username: SkeletalElite

Post by SkeletalElite » #562785

>game is literally unplayable
>people agree to suicide in ooc because game is unplayable
>ban people who are suiciding

The IC OOCers who were ghost sniping should be banned but banning anyone beyond that is some real ban bot shit.

People who suicided without doing anything, even if they were in chapel, shouldn't be banned.
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #562786

I have just learned that supportmin was pinged multiple times during this situation. As a result my opinion is no longer neutral. I could understand harsh bans if nobody called for help but its pretty clear to me that people asked for help and it never came. I'd be pretty upset if I was in their shoes.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin

Post by NecromancerAnne » #562789

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:

You mean the time when I'm fairly sure command was banned for releasing the singulo on repeat? Or attempted to do so at the very least?
Kel wrote:dont ever play a paladin in a tabletop game for the sake of everybody involved
I've played exactly one paladin. It went very well. Mostly because it was a redemption paladin so I had every reason to give people a chance over smiting heretics and evil.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #562790

I'm not gonna sit here and say a ban wasn't warranted, but 3/5 days is REALLY excessive.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #562791

Hoes mad x19
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #562792

play stupid games
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #562793

what i find most hilarious are the guys acting like this is some unlawful act and the people have decided to do this and the admins have no right to interfere with the actions of the community
The weak should fear the strong
thehogshotgun wrote:How does having jannies like you, who have more brain tumor than brain benefit the server
capn_monkeypaw
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Phuzzylodgik

Post by capn_monkeypaw » #562795

Owegno wrote:This is why bot bus should ping supportmin and server specific roles when someone ahelps with nobody online.
If we programmed the bots to ping supportmin every time an ahelp was relayed we'd have 0 supportmins within 12 hours.
Whoneedspacee
Byond Username: Whoneedspacee

Post by Whoneedspacee » #562796

sorry lol
retired ss13 coderman
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562797

Vekter wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and say a ban wasn't warranted, but 3/5 days is REALLY excessive.
seriously wtf, i dont think i would even ban for it, but if i did it would maybe like a 2 hour thing so they sit out a round or something
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #562799

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Vekter wrote:I'm not gonna sit here and say a ban wasn't warranted, but 3/5 days is REALLY excessive.
seriously wtf, i dont think i would even ban for it, but if i did it would maybe like a 2 hour thing so they sit out a round or something
yes if extended but they did totally fuck over the wizard for not wanting to give up his wizard round, not cool :/
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #562800

Armhulen wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
yes if extended but they did totally fuck over the wizard for not wanting to give up his wizard round, not cool :/
hmm today i will be a wizard on space station 13 with 500% time dilation <-- edit: inaccurate shitpost sorry
Last edited by bobbahbrown on Tue May 26, 2020 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
TWATICUS
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Twaticus

Post by TWATICUS » #562801

booo
ImageImageImage
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #562802

also just from talking to a lot of people the problem always boils down to there being nearly zero people who want to admin manuel. no trainers play manuel, manuel is kind of a joke, etc etc but they had tons and tons of rounds that were hellish before this point and i really just wish we never came to the vigilante justice point
ATHATH
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: ATHATH

Post by ATHATH » #562803

admins when people try to salvage any amount of fun from an unplayably laggy round:
Last edited by ATHATH on Tue May 26, 2020 4:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #562804

Armhulen wrote:also just from talking to a lot of people the problem always boils down to there being nearly zero people who want to admin manuel. no trainers play manuel, manuel is kind of a joke, etc etc but they had tons and tons of rounds that were hellish before this point and i really just wish we never came to the vigilante justice point
over 100

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #562805

ATHATH wrote:admins when people try to salvage some fun out of an unplayably laggy round:
Here, i'll get it for you. No need to thank me!

edit: you broke the link again. wow.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #562808

ATHATH wrote:admins when people try to salvage any amount of fun from an unplayably laggy round:
U BROKE THE ROOOLS
Spoiler:
Timberpoes
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Timberpoes

Post by Timberpoes » #562830

You personallly ahelp during round. No reponse. Others do discord pings. Totally ignored. 550% time dilation. Restart vote took over 10 minutes to process and actually restart the round due to time dilation. Round restarted. Same map. Map vote passes before round starts. New map next round.

People OOC say chapel suicide.
People IC say chapel suicide.

You say nothing in either IC or OOC. You go to the chapel and suicide. Impossible to prove if you did it because of OOC or because of IC. Maybe when you went to the chapel and saw the gruesome remains of so many already dead people and thought it was the end times. First time offence.

Warning? Too lenient. Note and warning? Too lenient. Your punishment? 3 day ban. You appeal. Because you chose to suicide in a specific location, you get a day ban.

Admin all but wrecks an active round. Admin Thanos snaps half the command roles, the AI and a bunch of other people out of the game. Ban lengths and justification were part a crusade to collectively punish and make examples out of people. Some bans reversed or downscaled later on. Many bans not deserved and many players not deserving of the knee-jerk ban reaction even with context.

Improper admin escalation. Address each case individually. Use the tools at your disposal as an admin to triage the bans by banning the people who actually did things that were worth banning first, and not banning the people who didn't do things worth banning at all after that.

Rule 0 gives you the ability to issue bans, including mass bans, where otherwise bans would not be needed, warranted or called for under the other rules. Just because you used Rule 0, it does not immediately make every single one of those bans fair or just.
/tg/station Codebase Maintainer
/tg/station Game Master/Discord Jannie: Feed me back in my thread.
/tg/station Admin Trainer: Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?
Feb 2022-Sep 2022 Host Vote Headmin
Mar 2023-Sep 2023 Admin Vote Headmin
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #562831

Shitmin jealous that players are able to fix a broken game without them
donutstation
Byond Username: EwynB

Post by donutstation » #562837

anime admins are loser virgins lol
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #562839

Mostly deserved, some more then others but damn it was very very toxic.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
Jack7D1
Byond Username: Jack7D1

Post by Jack7D1 » #562843

Midnight rose, raveradbury, jimmius, owegno and justicegoat are our admins, very nice to have around. Good people. I'd go for an admin position to fill the void but it's hard to get in one.
Man_Shroom
Byond Username: Man_Shroom

Post by Man_Shroom » #562857

People suicide because they dont wanna play, would you have banned them if they had just closed the game and gone Braindead/SSD? You punish them for not wanting to play, by not allowing them to play. The consequences of this are, no one will wanna play on manuel.

Tl;dr Nigmins strike again
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #562858

if you want to see what happens to a server that never has any admins on it, look at hippie over the last 2 years
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #562860

NecromancerAnne wrote:
XivilaiAnaxes wrote:

You mean the time when I'm fairly sure command was banned for releasing the singulo on repeat? Or attempted to do so at the very least?
It's kind of hard to believe things like this were actually watched for or cared about that much, when a (at the time) sitting headmin fairly explicitly confirmed my suspicions that admins were routinely allowed to sabotage Donut rounds under the guise of "it's an event!", the justification being "well they did a vote beforehand so it's fine..."

Tell us more about the sanctity of rounds, though. :roll:
donutstation
Byond Username: EwynB

Post by donutstation » #562861

Kendrickorium wrote:if you want to see what happens to a server that never has any admins on it, look at hippie over the last 2 years
what are you on about? pretty sure hippie has had more admins online than tg servers on average
they just don't intervene unless necessary, that's why hippie is and always was a better server
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #562863

donutstation wrote:
Kendrickorium wrote:if you want to see what happens to a server that never has any admins on it, look at hippie over the last 2 years
what are you on about? pretty sure hippie has had more admins online than tg servers on average
they just don't intervene unless necessary, that's why hippie is and always was a better server
yikes