supermatter legume

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

supermatter legume

Post by terranaut » #564238

cringe ban note
Last edited by terranaut on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: supermatter legume

Post by wesoda25 » #564239

Bandit often gives me the vibe that they hate like 70% of tg which always strikes me as odd because they literally volunteered to admin. Maybe that's just me though.

also garbage ban

also also, is this a bug?

Code: Select all

radiation_pulse(src, 3000, 2, TRUE)
	for(var/mob/living/L in range(10))
		investigate_log("has irradiated [key_name(L)] after consuming [AM].", INVESTIGATE_SUPERMATTER)
		if(L in view())
			L.show_message("<span class='danger'>As \the [src] slowly stops resonating, you find your skin covered in new radiation burns.</span>", MSG_VISUAL,\
				"<span class='danger'>The unearthly ringing subsides and you notice you have new radiation burns.</span>", MSG_AUDIBLE)
it looks like it logs it wrong, the log casting a much wider net than the actual radiation pulse
[this space reserved]
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564243

when i had a brief candidacy i was told by admin trainers that if someone suicides into the SM its only an issue if they didn't set up cooling, or more generally 'if it isn't set up' -- if its set up then i was told its not an actionable issue at all

this was a year ago, its nothing new..........

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
Nitrome
Byond Username: Canoha

Post by Nitrome » #564245

It's not a ban but a note.

Still terrible considering what they did was effectively harmless, the note doesn't even state that the SM was setup.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564248

lmao this has never been against the rules
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Fikou
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Fikou
Github Username: Fikou

Post by Fikou » #564252

weed sex weed sex weed sex weed sex
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #564253

Fikou wrote:weed sex weed sex weed sex weed sex
Spoiler:
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #564254

FloranOtten wrote:lmao this has never been against the rules
I literally provided a link to a headmin stating that it was against the rules as far back as 2017 but whatever
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564256

bandit wrote:
I literally provided a link to a headmin stating that it was against the rules as far back as 2017 but whatever
It is not against the rules as long as it's setup, and even pretending to otherwise means you're taking the rule as written and not as spirited.
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #564257

bandit is big cringe
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564260

when the admin pulls the git hub as means of justification for big oops
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #564267

the funny sm touch radiation pulse isn’t even that bad but I love how admin justifies the note by that you can THEORETICALLY make someone die from these burns but we don’t give people notes for making co2 sms even though they can THEORETICALLY kill you with big funny anomalies and big funny SM pulse shocks

anyway when thebleh fucks up next time another sybil janny will notice a note and permaban him
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
pugie
Byond Username: Doctor Brutality

Post by pugie » #564272

Sybilmins persecuting Terry players who dare to have fun on the US server.

Oy vey...
bandit

Post by bandit » #564275

FloranOtten wrote:
bandit wrote:
It is not against the rules as long as it's setup, and even pretending to otherwise means you're taking the rule as written and not as spirited.
did you even read the thread, I feel like I'm going fucking insane here because it is incredibly clear and unambiguous and yet people are pretending it just doesn't exist

admin feedback pls
bandit

Post by bandit » #564277

also I mostly admin bagil and manuel, sybil hasn't even been relevant for like several months, but you go ahead throwing that around

admin feedback pls
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned

Post by Flatulent » #564278

sybil admin is a state of mind
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564283

bandit wrote:
FloranOtten wrote:
bandit wrote:
did you even read the thread, I feel like I'm going fucking insane here because it is incredibly clear and unambiguous and yet people are pretending it just doesn't exist
what overall benefit for the community does this note serve
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564284

You’re taking the quote without respect to its context. If you’re so desperate for a precedent to protect your shitty ruling, look for a scenario where things are actually similar.
[this space reserved]
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #564288

wesoda25 wrote:Bandit often gives me the vibe that they hate like 70% of tg which always strikes me as odd because they literally volunteered to admin. Maybe that's just me though.

SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #564290

The policy thread isnt the same sort of situation and bandit knows this. The entire ban reeks of ban bot behavior. The suicide had next to 0 effect on the round. Bgo seems to think it that it would cause some sort of damage when any engi player knows it would not. They also say what did it add to the round but at the same time what did it even take away.... its not like any threat happened from him doing it.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #564291

I'm 90% sure that if he had explained the situation instead of just saying "my pasta is here" he wouldn't've gotten a note
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #564292

Timonk wrote:I'm 90% sure that if he had explained the situation instead of just saying "my pasta is here" he wouldn't've gotten a note
what more is to explain? he has to go to the door and intends to eat food while possibly doing something that isnt playing ss13 at the same time? or is he supposed to anticipate the admin's reaction and explain to them why what he did is harmless before they note him?
Reeeee
Byond Username: LibbySnow

Post by Reeeee » #564293

well, he did dsquad an entire station out of pure hatred. Seems to fit his MO.
Also, i'm kinda on the "do not suicide into SM as non-antag" cus i was told once not to do it so i haven't. e
signnatrire
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #564297

pugie wrote:Sybilmins persecuting Terry players who dare to have fun on the US server.

Oy vey...
Aye now, I was trained on Sybil and I was always told 'if it's set up it's fine to suicide into'. In fact it helps kickstart power.

Anyway, this ones a doozy and I am pretty sure this will get overtuned hard.

Edit: Also many of these 'precedents' seem to be taken out of context to what is being discussed. If this engineer was doing the absolute basic setup, it's incredibly babyproof and easily abused. The one in the kor precedent is talking about a much more intense setup that produces more energy but obviously more likely to delaminate if things go wrong. Granted most setups I see nowadays that attempt that kind of power output wouldn't delaminate from a suicide at all if done correctly but those are very different situations.

The actual banworthy circumstances come from you deliberately suiciding into a supermatter that would result in a delamination. Not suiciding into a supermatter PERIOD. That's the point of those precedents. This reeks of absolute misuse of context.
Last edited by NecromancerAnne on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Post by RaveRadbury » #564300

Wow, look at all this precedent
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564301

Holy fuck this is retarded.

"BRO IT'S POLICY" - how the fuck does the server benefit from you getting upset at someone SM suiciding in a fully set up engine?

Not-based.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #564302

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Holy fuck this is retarded.

"BRO IT'S POLICY" - how the fuck does the server benefit from you getting upset at someone SM suiciding in a fully set up engine?

Not-based.
As a Roman PFP shouldn't you be all about policy and precedent?
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564303

RaveRadbury wrote:As a Roman PFP shouldn't you be all about policy and precedent?
If you want to be technical about it, Caesar flaunted the official rules constantly and caused a civil war because the senate wouldn't let him run for the year's Consul election (think an American president except there were 2 of them at the same time) without having to walk into Rome's pomerium to declare his candidacy.

Laws exist to serve a purpose. What purpose does this one serve?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #564306

Besides, precedent is nothing some chair legs to a tribune can't fix.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #564307

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:As a Roman PFP shouldn't you be all about policy and precedent?
If you want to be technical about it, Caesar flaunted the official rules constantly and caused a civil war because the senate wouldn't let him run for the year's Consul election (think an American president except there were 2 of them at the same time) without having to walk into Rome's pomerium to declare his candidacy.

Laws exist to serve a purpose. What purpose does this one serve?
You're really going to cherry pick Caesar?
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #564308

If you cant point to the suicide doing something that had a negative impact on the round (delamming the SM, getting someone killed with the emitted rads, etc.) then I dont see how this is noteworthy offense unless the note was meant to acknowledge that the user was reminded about when it is/is not ok to suicide, but it would be kinda weird preemptively warning someone like that.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564309

RaveRadbury wrote:You're really going to cherry pick Caesar?
I mean, Caesar IS my PFP. And it is really cherry picking if I pick a guy so famous that his name became the Russian word for king?

Most of the interesting parts of roman history are entirely focused around individual figures - figures like Cicero/Caesar/Scipio/Suetonius to name just a few.
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #564310

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:
RaveRadbury wrote:You're really going to cherry pick Caesar?
I mean, Caesar IS my PFP. And it is really cherry picking if I pick a guy so famous that his name became the Russian word for king?

Most of the interesting parts of roman history are entirely focused around individual figures - figures like Cicero/Caesar/Scipio/Suetonius to name just a few.
So you're not really into ancient Roman culture and politics, you just Stan emperors and stuff?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564311

ancient chrome

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564312

xiv don’t take that test his ray bradbury knowledge
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564313

Eh emperors for the most part suck - I prefer republic era Rome. Cicero for example is cool as shit despite the fact he was a hardcore senate man and never had ambitions for anything more - he just did what he had to for the country he loved. The Greek city states don't really have as many interesting figures so learning about them is more just grab the culture and politics and go (except Macedon which is just Phillip/Alexander)

You learn heaps about the culture and politics just from the individuals though - The dynamic between Rome and Carthage during the punic wars is actually quite fascinating for example. To describe ancient Rome as a college frat house isn't the most inaccurate description - Hannibal acquires victory at lake Trasimene because the Romans couldn't be bothered with the "baby's work" of scouting and the entire army was ambushed and slaughtered.

Hannibal wins a second time at Cannae because the Roman consuls leading the army were more interested in personal glory than anything else and led from the horses on the flanks (Romans also couldn't be bothered fielding strong cavalry) instead of the heavy infantry in the centre who were the lynchpin of the whole plan (Romans were very autistic about their elite infantry which were some of the best of the ancient world).

Rome lost about 20% of their fighting aged men during that ONE battle and they still decided "nah bruh surrender blows lets keep at it" and actually proceeded to win the war. For comparison sake - Germany in WW1 (the meat grinder one) lost 6% of their adult male population over the entire war. Which is frankly an impressive show of the culture of the Roman people. Fully grasping Caesar's politics (a lot of the battles are pretty genius and interesting to hear about but that's only half the Caesar story) takes a pretty good understanding of the political system as well but I think I've gone into enough of a tangent on a 2d space man forum (and yes I know this is probably a cringe enough level of depth to go in but meh I have fun talking about it so whatever).
Last edited by XivilaiAnaxes on Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #564315

trust me guys he puts the entire crew in jeopardy by doing something that does nothing
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564318

why apologize for talking about something you’re passionate about?
[this space reserved]
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #564319

wesoda25 wrote:xiv don’t take that test his ray bradbury knowledge
I wish you would.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #564321

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Eh emperors for the most part suck - I prefer republic era Rome. Cicero for example is cool as shit despite the fact he was a hardcore senate man and never had ambitions for anything more - he just did what he had to for the country he loved. The Greek city states don't really have as many interesting figures so learning about them is more just grab the culture and politics and go (except Macedon which is just Phillip/Alexander)

You learn heaps about the culture and politics just from the individuals though - The dynamic between Rome and Carthage during the punic wars is actually quite fascinating for example. To describe ancient Rome as a college frat house isn't the most inaccurate description - Hannibal acquires victory at lake Trasimene because the Romans couldn't be bothered with the "baby's work" of scouting and the entire army was ambushed and slaughtered.

Hannibal wins a second time at Cannae because the Roman consuls leading the army were more interested in personal glory than anything else and led from the horses on the flanks (Romans also couldn't be bothered fielding strong cavalry) instead of the heavy infantry in the centre who were the lynchpin of the whole plan (Romans were very autistic about their elite infantry which were some of the best of the ancient world).

Rome lost about 20% of their fighting aged men during that ONE battle and they still decided "nah bruh surrender blows lets keep at it" and actually proceeded to win the war. For comparison sake - Germany in WW1 (the meat grinder one) lost 6% of their adult male population over the entire war. Which is frankly an impressive show of the culture of the Roman people. Fully grasping Caesar's politics (a lot of the battles are pretty genius and interesting to hear about but that's only half the Caesar story) takes a pretty good understanding of the political system as well but I think I've gone into enough of a tangent on a 2d space man forum (and yes I know this is probably a cringe enough level of depth to go in but meh I have fun talking about it so whatever).
I thought you were just an idiot who thinks they're smarter than everyone else because they have a roman avatar but now I see you're actually really interested in history and I respect that a lot
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Post by Naloac » #564323

Armhulen wrote: I thought you were just an idiot who thinks they're smarter than everyone else because they have a roman avatar but now I see you're actually really interested in history and I respect that a lot
history is dope as fuck
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564324

bgobandit proves he is the smartest man alive mere weeks after being banned for spawning deathsquad over a boohoo woe is me incident
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564325

RaveRadbury wrote:
wesoda25 wrote:xiv don’t take that test his ray bradbury knowledge
I wish you would.
whats ur favorite book
[this space reserved]
XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564326

Oh I wasn't apologizing - just noting that I've already derailed a sacred peanut threat (and I love peanuts they're great!).

And honestly I can't blame you Arm - it's not really possible to say "I'm smart" to strangers online without coming across as a retarded neckbeard, so I don't bother.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #564332

wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564333

based
[this space reserved]
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #564334

i'm the master of games- don't forget it
wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564335

wait tlal it’d be better if you put bgo on top of a horse in the hole
[this space reserved]
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564336

i cannot tell if bgo is using his frontal lobe or if the past few actions have been made entirely off of caveman brain
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
bandit

Post by bandit » #564338

PLAYERS: the admins suck they don't enforce the actual rules as written but just their opinion of them!!!

ADMINS: (enforce the rules as written)

PLAYERS: no not like that

admin feedback pls