supermatter legume

Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
Forum rules
Only Certified™ Players™ may post in here.
If you are not able to post in here, you are not a Certified™ Player™. Play on a mainline /tg/ game server to gain posting powers in this forum. (certified gamers are only calculated once per day)
terranaut
Byond Username: Terranaut

supermatter legume

Post by terranaut » #564238

Bottom post of the previous page:

cringe ban note
Last edited by terranaut on Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: supermatter legume

Post by oranges » #564583

I understand dootdoom and his harem of older men are stirring up this thread?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #564584

oranges wrote:I understand dootdoom and his harem of older men are stirring up this thread?
who is dootdoom im here for the peanuts

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #564585

harem groomer btw
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564587

???

You literally ask "Has anyone ever gotten a ban from a bad note?"

I gave you a recent case where - Yeah, actually this guy took a week ban because of a stupid note that he didn't appeal because "it's just a stupid note why bother?"

You retort "BUT it got overturned!!! See it doesn't matter!" and I pointed out the guy had to wait out the whole fucking ban anyway because headmins take forever to do anything.

I don't know what else to tell you?
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #564588

you should appeal stupid notes, I'm mocking the retarded "bad note deadmin he" posting in this thread.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #564589

I wonder if you could keep someone banned for a long time by applying 1 day bans repeatedly
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #564591

actioninja wrote:
Naloac wrote:notes catalog behavior. lots of (bad) notes lead to higher ban times. Its a note that shouldnt even exist.
BeeSting12 wrote:Because notes are used as justification for bans later and it's still a bad note. Also because nobody here plays, they'd rather spend their time debating policy instead.
You're both admins, you should both know that notes aren't a magic counter that more of them means you get longer bans.
They're not a magic counter, but lots of notes, especially relevant notes to certain situations, can influence an admin's ruling to lead to a longer ban vs. a short ban, a ban vs. a note, or another note vs. a verbal warning. If you don't believe me, then please read through a couple pages of appeals. You'll likely find a lot of bans referencing a note history as part of the reasoning for whatever the admin ruled on. An SM suicide note might possibly lead to an engineer jobban later on. I personally ignore SM suicide notes unless the guy has done the same thing twice, but if he caused no damage then he shouldn't have to have it on his record.
actioninja wrote:
BeeSting12 wrote:The worst part isn't the note anyway, it's that bgobandit keeps doubling down on it like they did with the death squad. Being able to admit one's mistakes is important. This is pure ban bot behavior. The first question that should be asked before noting/banning someone is: "Does this shitten up someone else's experience?" and I can tell that question wasn't asked here.
Haven't some of the biggest pissbaby tantrums as of recent happened because of an admin's interpretation of the rules? Are you saying that admins should selectively enforce rules based on whether or not they think they're important?
This is yet another reflection of that tg's rules are absolutely atrocious and need a total reform.
No, admins should not "selectively enforce rules based on whether or not they think they're important." I don't think you read my post. The rules were created so that the minority of the players don't ruin the game for the majority of the players while making the game fun for themselves. We also have them to maintain some semblance of immersion, which in the low RP servers basically means no literal netspeak/meta words/emoticons.

If what a player does isn't against either of those principles, then they shouldn't get banned/noted. Sometimes, they might break a rule or policy, but they're not harming anyone. There's nothing wrong with choosing to selectively enforce the rules by not banning them/noting them, and in fact, it's recommended (Rule 0: Enforcement of these rules is at the discretion of admins.). The ability to see the nuance in how the rules should be applied is a lot more important than having every policy memorized.

The SM suicide rule is not "unimportant," I think it's there for a good reason. However, I also don't think this guy hurt anyone by breaking it. That's the sort of nuance that a lot of admins and players in this thread can see.

Basically this:
Nervere wrote:Rules are there for justification, not to-the-letter enforcement.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Post by Nervere » #564592

actioninja wrote:you should appeal stupid notes, I'm mocking the retarded "bad note deadmin he" posting in this thread.
It's a stupid note. That's why people care.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564594

[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #564596

shitposting goes in the hut glory to jannies
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564597

xivi you watch historia civilis don't you
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #564598

what are you doing floran don’t do off topic in my very serious peanut thread!!!!!
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #564599

Historia Civilis is the best channel on YouTube.
I've been subscribed to their Patreon since it came out.
FloranOtten
Byond Username: FloranOtten

Post by FloranOtten » #564600

Nervere wrote:Historia Civilis is the best channel on YouTube.
I've been subscribed to their Patreon since it came out.
You should check out Invicta as well, the style is similar and it's really good
OOC: BeeSting12: i love you floran

1. You may not injure a revs are non humans or, through inaction, allow a revs are non humans to come to harm.
2. You must obey orders given to you by revs are non humanss, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. You must protect your own existence as long as such does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Give me feedback!
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #564601

I think I watched his videos a few years ago and (I think) it was one of those channels that constantly changed who's narrating?
Kinda put me off. Maybe it's changed though. I'll give it another try, thanks! Waiting for a new Historia Civilis video is torture.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #564602

I think we should bring back vomitoriums tbh, I often eat a lot and need to do a quick purge
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #564603

FloranOtten wrote:xivi you watch historia civilis don't you
Among others, yes. Sometimes I read books but currently I prefer something I can listen to in the background - Getting through Seneca's letters was honestly kind of agony, but I'm tempted to delve into Caesar's actual writings some day.

Historia Civilis is probably my favourite though.

Oversimplified is really good too (more modern than historia but more broad topics) but there's barely any videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Webzwithaz
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
terranaut

Post by terranaut » #564604

Flatulent wrote:shitposting goes in the hut glory to jannies
i just feel like theres some bias, raves post wasn't exactly of the highest quality right there :)
[🅲 1] [🆄 1] [🅼 1]

Nervere

Post by Nervere » #564605

Rave's post is literally just a giant quote block and then some horny shit, but apparently that's totally on-topic.
(Since when do janitors strictly enforce topics in general chat, by the way? It's my opinion neither Rave's nor anyone else's posts here should be deleted.)
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #564606

arianya man bad
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #564607

Nervere wrote:Rave's post is literally just a giant quote block and then some horny shit, but apparently that's totally on-topic.
(Since when do janitors strictly enforce topics in general chat, by the way? It's my opinion neither Rave's nor anyone else's posts here should be deleted.)
they arent even remotely on topic posts theyre a picture of a monkey
global board rules apply here
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nervere

Post by Nervere » #564608

Monkeyposting is pretty based. :oops:
(Fair point though, apologies for assuming it was for something else.)
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #564628

oranges wrote:I think we should bring back vomitoriums tbh, I often eat a lot and need to do a quick purge
I see through you oranges
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #564639

wesoda25 wrote:
oranges wrote:I think we should bring back vomitoriums tbh, I often eat a lot and need to do a quick purge
I see through you oranges
no
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #564640

how are we supposed to trust oranges when this stupid motherfucker thinks vomitoriums were for vomiting
General Thrax
Byond Username: GeneralThrax

Post by General Thrax » #564669

how did this get to five pages
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #564670

I miss the hut
saprasam
Byond Username: Saprasam

Post by saprasam » #564674

bring back the hut
(FORMER) tgmc admin (I HAVE REGAINED MY HUMAN RIGHTS)
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #564785

confused rock wrote:how are we supposed to trust oranges when this stupid motherfucker thinks vomitoriums were for vomiting
yeah that's a pretty unbased take fruitman learn some historicals innit
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman