Less is more

General SS13 Chat
Naloac
Byond Username: Naloac

Less is more

Post by Naloac » #580617

Please Please, I beg you. Stop writing fucking 6 paragraphs for your takes in FNR. No one cares past the first 2 lines.
Timberpoes wrote: Lepi was right all along.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Re: Less is more

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #580619

But it's funny when someone writes a 5 page grimoire of why they get to be unbanned from a space man server 5 days early. The length of the document always brings me back to my uni days.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #580622

Idk the thread you’re talking about is pretty nuanced, I slowly worked my way up to long posting as I got a better feel on the different aspects. Most of the stuff isn’t word salad too so it could be worse.

Also we know you’re the headmin with the least to say lmao.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #580626

I don't know how people have so much to write.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Domitius
Byond Username: Domitius
Github Username: DomitiusKnack

Post by Domitius » #580632

wesoda25 wrote:Idk the thread you’re talking about is pretty nuanced, I slowly worked my way up to long posting as I got a better feel on the different aspects. Most of the stuff isn’t word salad too so it could be worse.

Taking pot shots is poor form, you're better than that. I haven't seen Lepi ever hesitate to say the writing on the wall and I have yet in my opinion to see a bad take from them. Honestly I spend possibly too much time trying to word out a "proper" response(this post took me about 15 minutes) and I look to them plenty to remind myself that less is more.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #580634

tl;dr
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
cybersaber101
Byond Username: Cybersaber101

Post by cybersaber101 » #580636

Edit: Whoops, thinking it was policy and not fnr my bad but anyways I do think peoples paragraphs could be summarized but you get the gist of their argument pretty quick anyways.
The same poster, over and over and over and over and over and-
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #580637

Domitius wrote:Taking pot shots is poor form, you're better than that. I haven't seen Lepi ever hesitate to say the writing on the wall and I have yet in my opinion to see a bad take from them. Honestly I spend possibly too much time trying to word out a "proper" response(this post took me about 15 minutes) and I look to them plenty to remind myself that less is more.
Yeah sorry I shouldn't have, but posting memes when the community tries to have a genuine discussion is too. It should be encouraged by headmins, not made fun of.
ArcaneDefence
Byond Username: ArcaneDefence

Post by ArcaneDefence » #580639

[youtube]XykU7ONE8Zw[/youtube]
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #580641

ArcaneDefence wrote:[youtube]XykU7ONE8Zw[/youtube]
[youtube]u9HV2BDMTIE[/youtube]
Hugs
Naloac

Post by Naloac » #580648

wesoda25 wrote:Idk the thread you’re talking about is pretty nuanced, I slowly worked my way up to long posting as I got a better feel on the different aspects. Most of the stuff isn’t word salad too so it could be worse.

it isnt a dig at anyone in the thread. its just reading it feels like reading the same comments over and over because people are just re treading the same ground going in circles to write more. writing shorter better points is better than 4 paragraphs that could be condensed into 2 lines. Also in alot of ban appeals people do the exact same thing.
I Might Be an admin, You should leave me feedback: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 37&t=24032
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #580654

Anyone can write paragraph after paragraph, but it takes a good writer to communicate succinctly.

Unfortunately, most people are not good writers.
► Show Spoiler
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #580659

i wish bindy's original appeal hadn't been trimmed down
that was the single longest post i'd ever seen
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #580661

Naloac wrote:Please Please, I beg you. Stop writing fucking 6 paragraphs for your takes in FNR. No one cares past the first 2 lines.
Okay pinhead
Fuck yourself

who ya calling pin head
skoglol
Byond Username: Skoglol
Github Username: kriskog

Post by skoglol » #580663

lol
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #580667

Ok
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #580716

Ban Appeal from John John the Marxist Circus Performer

CKey: Plebius
Character Name: Zack Mieth
Banning Admin: Something about lasagna or gay whales or something, I don't remember
Ban Date and Round ID: About ten minutes ago last sunday, cunt
Ban Reason: Let's be real here, I got banned for playing security in the most efficient manner. There's a really fucking obvious reason why no one plays security... Because when you play with an ounce of self-preservation and treat the crew as they should be treated, like the violent, dangerous criminals they are, you make some grey tiding little nigger wah-wah about how unfair it is that someone was guarding armory and was better armed than them, and how if only no one was in the armory, they could just walk in and grey tide to their heart's content. It's absolute fucking bullshit. I've seen antags kill entire stations before, yet I can't gun down a man who waltz'd into security with access he shouldn't have? What was he there for? Was he there for the donuts? Was he there to get some non-lethal means of detainment? Cuffs? No, he was there so he could get some fucking guns and have a means to kill someone. I just so happened to kill him first, is all. The server is the god damned wild west, you dumb shit fucking morons. You act like everyone isn't fucking devouring each other. You're acting like non-antags aren't kidnapping and ruining other non-antags rounds. You're acting like security isn't constantly dying because their guns are absolute shit and a man with a toolbox and a sprayer full of lube dooesn't regularly kill sec. Bullshit.

I used the shotgun. You know why? Cause the shot gun doesn't miss, and unlike the shitty hybrid taser it stops a criminal in their tracks in two hits. Bang, bang, and they're fucking done. I use four shots just to make damn sure. Because, once again, I'm not there to coddle a buncha criminal scum sucking faggots, I'm there to 1) Survive the fucking round. 2) Guard the armory. So you can absolutely get fucked. If I get unbanned, which I won't, you can guarantee I will continue to use the shotgun to apprehend criminals. Because it's quick, clean and effective as fuck. Why in the seven hells would I fuck around with the disabler shots, which take half a clip just to bring someone down, or with the tazer bolts which are slow as balls, impossible to aim and do about next to jack shit, fuck all. The shotgun is the superior law enforcement weapon. Because it stops crime. And it stops crime by reducing the number of criminals roaming the fucking halls.

As it stands now, antags are allowed to prance around doing whatever the fuck demented, sick shit they feel like, yet security has to toe the line and be the 'good guy' while getting fucking murdered in the process. Fuck that. Fuck that right in the god damned eyes and squish 'em into a paste, that's garbage. That's a sack of shit.

LOOK AT THE SOCIAL CLIMATE OF YOUR SHITTY FUCKING SERVER. LOOK AT THE DERANGEMENT, THE FUCKING SICKENING DISREGARD FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S WELLBEINGS. THE ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING TACTICS EMPLOYED BY ANTAGS AND GREYTIDERS. Look at all that shit and you tell me that excessive force is crossing the line. Taking one grey tiding scum sucker out of the genepool just makes the station a little bit more safe for people who actually want to work in their departments and do their jobs... Which is almost no one.
Ban Type: Gayness personified in the form of a hairdresser/interior designer from LA.
Ban Length: Blah blah blah Jews did 9/11.
Why should I be unbanned: Ah, fuck off. You think I honestly give a fuck? The only reason I'm taking this even semi-seriously, and believe me this is me appealing a ban in a semi-serious manner, is because I literally have no other SS13 servers to play on. I can play on CM... which is... absolutely fucking horrifyingly dull. I can play on, like, a Spanish speaking server... or two Russian servers... and then nothing. I mean, wowee, I guess I could go play on a server with fucking 4 people on it. Wow that sounds fun.

The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.

I mean, obviously that's what's happening. What else could it be?

In conclusion, let it be known that I am the biggest man with the largest cock.

Spoiler:
The views expressed in this ban appeal are not my own. In conclusion, let it be known, sometimes you just can't write enough.
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #580719

I mean, the shotgun is objectively the most effective law enforcement weapons for exactly that reason.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #580720

THE SHOTGUN
DON'T
MISS

except when we all miss the shotgun cuz we're removing it lol
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #580723

Ideally I'd like to keep the shotgun because it's a unique weapon and rather remove slugs as they remove the interesting part of it
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #580725

If we remove shotgun we are going to remove Mosin next because it is the most powerful weapon. Next choices after that in order:

Auto rifle
Egun
Lasergun
Disabler
Sec grenade launcher
Krav maga
Cqc
Fire axe
Spear
Toolbox damage
Extinguisher damage
All damage because we like hugbox
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #580731

Even the previous Timonk post is too much to read
NSFW:

RiskySikh
Byond Username: RiskySikh

Post by RiskySikh » #580742

Naloac

Post by Naloac » #580757

[quote="RiskySikh"][/quote]
tfw this shit post says more than any of the novels in FNR
Eskjjlj
Byond Username: Eskjjlj

Post by Eskjjlj » #580759

NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #580760

So I guess FNR threads getting dealt with will die off quick this term then?
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #580771

RiskySikh wrote:
That's deep
► Show Spoiler
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #580822

Sacha is right
NSFW:

Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #584769

Timonk wrote:If we remove shotgun we are going to remove Mosin next because it is the most powerful weapon. Next choices after that in order:

Auto rifle
Egun
Lasergun
Disabler
Sec grenade launcher
Krav maga
Cqc
Fire axe
Spear
Toolbox damage
Extinguisher damage
None of those instakill you faster than you can move a tile.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #584839

Mosin does
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #584842

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
Timonk wrote:If we remove shotgun we are going to remove Mosin next because it is the most powerful weapon. Next choices after that in order:

Auto rifle
Egun
Lasergun
Disabler
Sec grenade launcher
Krav maga
Cqc
Fire axe
Spear
Toolbox damage
Extinguisher damage
You'd have to be point blank. You know what else works at point blank? Stuns
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #584846

thehogshotgun wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:

Auto rifle
Egun
Lasergun
Disabler
Sec grenade launcher
Krav maga
Cqc
Fire axe
Spear
Toolbox damage
Extinguisher damage
and
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #584847

Rohen_Tahir wrote:
thehogshotgun wrote:
Rohen_Tahir wrote:

Auto rifle
Egun
Lasergun
Disabler
Sec grenade launcher
Krav maga
Cqc
Fire axe
Spear
Toolbox damage
Extinguisher damage
and
Remove stuns, remove all weapons actually. SS13 should be an atmos sim smh
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #584857

Are you saying a Mosin is a better melee weapon than a stun baton
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote: