Endless Round 2: No crash edition

General SS13 Chat
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Endless Round 2: No crash edition

Post by Stickymayhem » #66007

We crashed at 5:44 this time.

The western half of the station was eaten by a BoH singularity, repaired by the drone swarm and left to deteriorate into an alien wasteland. The mechs worked overtime to cull them and walled off the perimeter to keep the civilians safe.

Aliens and bleb took over after about the five hour mark.

The supermatter engine actually managed to run for about two hours. It took at least an hour to set up but was going strong until engineering ran out of people to maintain it.

And the final evacuation to mining just before the server crashed.

Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Sneaky4296
Byond Username: Sneaky4296

Re: Endless Round 2: No crash edition

Post by Sneaky4296 » #66008

>Warden
>Guy punches me and requests gulag
>Forget about him after 20 minutes and go to afk zone
>Come back 2 hours later and he's still there
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #66009

Damn it, I missed another one of these rounds...
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Cheech1297

Post by Cheech1297 » #66011

>join 21 minutes into the round as Rd
>science is doing science
>fuck around for a bit get mining access mine a bit
>something something super matter shard on the bridge
>retrieve captains body and get all access after dropping the captain in genetics
>science can make almost every gun xray stun revolvers advanced e guns etc
>beg hos for firing pins then order my own firing pins and print out 2 xray lasers a laser cannon 2 advanced e guns and a prototype smg hook them up with pins
>science is building about 5 or 6 durands deathmech squad go!
>i run into a wizard by the brig pull out my egun and tase and laser his ass hes still alive
>comes back for revenge but i pull out my prototype smg and cap his ass
>debrain wizard his brain starts moving and he fucks off into space later to be found stuck between 2 space carp
>suddenly blob in testing lab
>xray laser.jpg
>need to recharge xray laser and suddenly horde of blobbernaughts
>run like hell and laser them eventually take em all down
>come back to science and blob is kill
>a few minutes later get jumped by a spider horde cloned 3 times and saved by ert
>get my first mech which i proudly name murderboner
>throughout the round take down a ton of goliaths and xenos with my mech get ert gear from a corpse i found
>eventually the xenos have overrun the station and im forced to fall back to cargo with a few guys i ran into along the way they fucked the apcs and the queen broke the shuttle console
>i chase and laser the queen to the point where she spaces herself on accident in my mech
>fix the consoles and suddenly another blob double blob this time!
>its very small and right below the cargo sec area
>pull out xray laser and blob is almost dead then i run out of charge
>fuck this
>get on the mining shuttle and flee to mining which has already been fortified and converted into a ministation with a fully working science area and id console
>begin travel to the gulag to charge my xray laser and mech
>server crashes
>;-;7
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #66013

>join at 1 hour mark
>research mostly done
>cool, finish off research
>someone gets the idea to mass produce durands
>I think this is a good idea
>mining must think so too, since they bring in enough minerals for shittons of mechs
>proceed to make shittons of mechs over the course of the round, five durands and one phazon, a lizard guy comes in and makes another phazon for himself.
>somewhere during this time a wizard apparently attacks the station but it ends up as a mmi I think so literally he did nothing.
>also traitors but none of this interfered with how research was going to end up
>spiders get spawned
>hundreds and hundreds of spiders
>mechs help fight them off but plenty of people die
>I die myself
>go back to my mechs
>my DNA has apparently changed and I can't enter them
>I can't enter like four durands just sitting there while spiders are killing people everywhere
>mfw
>go back to genetics with my old corpse to get my old dna
>it works
>meanwhile, people keep on barging in and making bags of holding.
>inevitable boh singulo happens.
>research, medbay and most of the station north of the starboard hallway is rekt to fuck
>ok
>evacuate remaining mechs
>aliens appear
>mechs fight them to great effect but even with tesla relays and hyper caps, they're starting to get power issues
>research is boned, no spare parts for a circuit imprinter exist, meaning research cannot be revived and make new mech chargers
>centcom offers to trade research parts for existing bluespace items from the station
>no one does anything about the offer
>say fuck it and give my phazon and boh to centcom but ask them to give me some minerals in return
>they agree
>get that shit
>dismantle it and bring all the machines in a locker to cargo, to set up science 2.0.
>science gets set up, about to make mech chargers and after that, a new phazon for myself when I hear ominous alien clawing sounds
>the aliens have broken the cargo apcs
>aliens breaking into cargo imminent
>make a snap decision to dismantle all the machines again and move to mining
>move to mining
>set up there
>things are going fine
>survivors showing up little by little, a few raving about how they nearly died escaping from a blob on the mining dock
>tfw made the right decision moving to mining
>autocloner gets made at mining
>things are going well, the other survivors are making progress towards securing power and r-walls to protect us from any alien attacks
>server crashes

fug
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66016

Those things sound like way too much fun for the clusterfuck they must be.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #66017

>Everett Willey, Cargo tech.
>Join minutes after round start.
>QM fucks off and gets into drama with the detective. Essentially run cargo for a while.
>Captain wants to set up supermatter.
>Order excessive amounts of metal and engineering supplies. Get upgrades for the autolathe, print out RCDs and RPDs for the supermatter project.
>Twiddle fingers, fulfill a few orders, not much happening, detective gets dunked and QM goes to hang out in robotics.
>Jacquetta, engineer, steps up to cargo counter. Ask if they need any more stuff.
>"HEH HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH"
>Runs off. Okaythen.
>Some time later.
>Engineering requests more materials and another RPD. Virology asks for a virus crate.
>Order both, swing by engineering to give them their stuff.
>Return to cargo for the virus crate, Jacquetta in the cargo office. Figure she's here for the stuff engineering ordered, so I say I already gave it to another.
>HEH HEHEHEHEH OF COURSE THERE'S ANOTHER BETWEEN US.
>Pulls a fucking revolver out.
>Slam the cargo office door between us. Leaving her stuck in the office while I book it with the virus crate to medbay.
>Jacquetta shouts "YOU CAN'T RUN FOREVER" over comms.
>Reach medbay.
>LEMMEINLEMMEINLEMMEIN I GOT THE CRATE LEMMEIN OPENUP
>CMO lets me in, notify virologist I have his crate over PDA, then explain that I have a traitor who very much most likely wants me dead. Ask to hide in his workplace for a while.
>Swings-his-tail, Virologist, is chill as fuck, lets me hang with him. Even gives me his supervirus.
>Disable suit sensors, don gas mask and bio suit, hide id/PDA. Incognito.
>Hang around for a while, spiders invade station. Weld the viro's vents because I'm helpful like that.
>Hack the nanomed, take a handheld crew monitor, notice Jacquetta's sensors are on full.
>Watch the monitor like a hawk for a half-hour, she mostly seems to be hanging around cargo. Definitely wants me dead.
>She starts taking brute and tox damage.
>GO TEAM SPIDERS
>She goes down. Break out and notify Swings.
>Swings and I barrel down the halls, ready to fuck up any spider dumb enough to mess with us. Locate Jacquetta's body.
>Search her bag for anything to prove her traitor status. Nothing.
>Swings swipes her PDA in the meantime. YOO, OPEN UPLINK
>intothegibbershegoes.jpg
>Swings gets me all access afterwards.
>WILD SINGULO APPEARS
>Ate pretty much the east half of the station.
>Print out more RCDs and matter cartridges. Assist in repairs until admin spawns shitload of drones and RCDs. East half repaired into just one gigantic void of a room.
>Afterwards, go mine for a bit, claim a hardsuit, dig up minerals, hunt fauna.
>Armed up with dual kinetic accelerators when centcom informs of feral life in the station "wilderness"
>Hunt goliaths alongside mechs for a while.
>OH SHIT ALIENS.
>Don't get to fight actual aliens. Mechs go stomp most of them.
>Aliens start to get upper hand.
>Pull back to cargo, notice science is rebuilding in there, go back to mining to get materials.
>Find a portable chem dispenser in an artifact room. Huge fucking help when singulo ate all the others.
>Help science move to the mining station, set up id console, give all access to incoming refugees.
>About to install upgraded PACMAN into mining station but then sybil was kill.

Five and a half hours of one cargonian's life.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66020

Honestly, reading these logs is downright entertaining.

And you, sir? You've done Cargonia proud.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #66022

I knew it was worth it.

I knew it...

I'm just going to collapse and die now.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #66023

Don't die on us yet!
Someone give him a coffee IV!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #66065

>be lizard doctor with chem access
>spend most of the round in medbay healing people
>killed by jacquetta, autocloned, spiders invade
>the dead pile up everywhere, the morgue is overflowing
>finally obtain ambrosia deus and holy water, time for strange reagent
>revive some of the dead as zombies
>singulo eats eastern station, an army of drones refloors all of it
>the wasteland is populated with goliaths, bloblings and other horrors
>medbay becomes the last stop for stalkers trying their luck in the Zone
>forced to abandon medbay due to power outages and xeno raids
>I found one of my zombies, we try to make our way to a safe haven
>a mech tells us they're relocating to mining
>the mining dock is a mess, shuttle console is powerless and broken, aliens are closing in
>suddenly blob
>mech lascannons the blob while we board the shuttle
>we can finally catch our breath in mining, people are rebuilding civilization as we used to know it
>crash
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #66233

Would you guys be interested in us running another one of these sometime soon?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #66241

I found the round to be interesting, I was one of the first Alien's to be spawned in.

I ended up constantly duking with several Durands and Phazons in Engineering and across the station, the Battle of the White Ship is quite memorable for me. I was also solely responsible for cutting Cargo's power, I even held off about 5 Cargonians for a small while.

The war between the Humans and Aliens lasted for quite a while. No Human dared enter the Eastern Wasteland as it was entirely barren with no cover. However the Humans did well to fortify their positions inside the secure part of the station, though they were forced to evacuate Engineering and lose power to the station as the Aliens made it a point to launch hit and run attacks against any and all APC's.

Eventually the Aliens established a hive in the moveable White Ship, despite several human assaults to clear it out the Aliens were able to hold onto it.

At this point the few surviving Humans retreated to mining, only the human Mechs were capable of standing against the Aliens, and even then their effectiveness was limited.

Then the server crashed.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #66246

Vekter wrote:Would you guys be interested in us running another one of these sometime soon?
Please don't run these frequently. We've already done two, they guarantee crash the server and they ruin a day's worth of rounds.

I think we should be done for a while.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #66955

Do you see that Phazon standing in the AI Upload area, and the pilot just lying there? That is me! That was a spectacular round in which I was fighting constantly against all the nasties in the round, struggling to keep both my health and power cell up while fighting the aliens using kite tactics to whittle me down. I beat back a blob so I could get to the teleporter, talk with Centcomm on the console, and get the AI to the mining station. I was just about to card the AI and get out when I was forcefully ejected and ghosted, shortly after which the entire server crashed and died. I was but a humble virologist who later joined the fight to save the station. I made a decent heal virus as well.

I do hope a round like this happens again soon. It was a blast to play, and I feel like all the time I put into perfecting my virus and spreading it mattered. Things the crew did before facing insurmountable odds actually mattered. Those mechs which most people would be lucky to use for even twenty minutes became the only security for the whole station. These are the types of rounds we could have natrually if most players did not call the shuttle on the drop of a hat or wanted another roll at being antagonist.

It is also a fantastic way of stress testing the code. We now have more understanding of what our code can handle and how much garbage can accumulate before it chokes and dies. I understand if you want to put off doing this again, but do not forget about it!
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #66971

One of these day's we'll get through it without any crashes.

One if these days.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #67021

Ikarrus wrote:One of these day's we'll get through it without any crashes.

One if these days.
One of these days >100 PLAYERS NO LAG will become >100 PLAYERS 8 HOURS 10 BLOBS 3 ALIEN EXCURSIONS, 4 MAJOR ADMIN EVENTS, AND A PARTRIDGE ON A PEAR TREE - NO LAG
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus