Question about Cargo Budget Card...

General SS13 Chat
SubRosa
Byond Username: LootnWoot

Question about Cargo Budget Card...

Post by SubRosa » #594514

Hi everyone! I love playing as a Cargo Tech, Quartermaster and usually, I like to make my own little crime syndicate (Not actual syndicate but mafia style), but I always wondered about the purpose of the Cargo Budget Card that can be found in the QM's locker in his/her/other office. It says on the Wiki it's only for depositing cash into the card so Cargo's funds increase, but you can't put the Budget card into the Stations Fund machine located inside the vault so you can silently withdraw money from it. Do you think there are other ways to make this card more valuable to carry around, or do you think it should be removed and having a machine in the QM office to only deposit cash into the station's wealth?

PS: This is my first post, so sorry if this should've gone in the TG Development forums. :mrgreen: :id:
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Re: Question about Cargo Budget Card...

Post by warbluke » #594522

The cargo card used to be part of a set of budget cards which each department's head would have. You could withdraw and deposit from the cards like a regular ID.
People like me abused it too much by draining every department's budget after stealing the cards so they got removed, with the cargo card as a sort of vestigial organ of that feature.
It's a shame really, Collecting the cards felt like a grand greytide adventure quest because of the difficulty involved.
thehogshotgun
Byond Username: Thehogshotgun

Post by thehogshotgun » #594523

SubRosa wrote:Hi everyone! I love playing as a Cargo Tech, Quartermaster and usually, I like to make my own little crime syndicate (Not actual syndicate but mafia style), but I always wondered about the purpose of the Cargo Budget Card that can be found in the QM's locker in his/her/other office. It says on the Wiki it's only for depositing cash into the card so Cargo's funds increase, but you can't put the Budget card into the Stations Fund machine located inside the vault so you can silently withdraw money from it. Do you think there are other ways to make this card more valuable to carry around, or do you think it should be removed and having a machine in the QM office to only deposit cash into the station's wealth?

PS: This is my first post, so sorry if this should've gone in the TG Development forums. :mrgreen: :id:

You can alt-tab on a normal keycard to withdraw money from the owner’s account. You can use the credit chip from this on the card to deposit money. Plus it can be used on that science machine with gimmicky junk in it
enginseer-42
Byond Username: Enginseer-42

Post by enginseer-42 » #596913

You can also connect paywall firing pins to it, so that funds from guns go to the cargo budget.