vintage ss13 gameplay [no combat mode] [batons stun instantly] [catgirl]

General SS13 Chat
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Re: vintage ss13 gameplay [no combat mode] [batons stun instantly] [catgirl]

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598562

Bottom post of the previous page:

angelstarri wrote:the sorry excuse of a codebase tgstation is right now is dogshit compared to the peak gaming of 2019, i miss it
innit? We need codebase to teach us!!!
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #598629

there's always a time when it was the best and it probably corresponds to your own honeymoon period with the game and that time was 2012
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Durkel
Byond Username: Durkel

Post by Durkel » #598638

Can you really consider anything post quick choke, fast speed, gun hulks, welder bombs gibbing and quick tables as vintage? I think not. There's not even some pink haired jackass killing everyone.

Spoiler:
I miss it.
Sierra Welbe says, "Tim Ebow fucking threw soap everywhere near the HoP office, like I mean 20 fucking goddamn bars AND I CAN'T STOP SLIPPING"
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #598698

the year you joined is always the one you will like the best
legality
Byond Username: Legality

Post by legality » #598711

cacogen wrote:there's always a time when it was the best and it probably corresponds to your own honeymoon period with the game and that time was 2012
this is because the game is getting worse and worse
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #598714

legality wrote:
cacogen wrote:there's always a time when it was the best and it probably corresponds to your own honeymoon period with the game and that time was 2012
I agree, happened when they took aa away. :(
Living God

Extraordinary Person

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #598907

legality wrote:
yeah you're right
Durkel wrote:Can you really consider anything post quick choke, fast speed, gun hulks, welder bombs gibbing and quick tables as vintage? I think not. There's not even some pink haired jackass killing everyone.
the zoomers think their destruction is constructive
NSFW:

oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #599020

legality wrote:
big ole 10-2 buddy
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #599036

probs the best time at tg was just after that big split few years ago when hippie station got formed. gang gamemode was pretty pog too
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #599162

cocothegogo wrote:probs the best time at tg was just after that big split few years ago when hippie station got formed. gang gamemode was pretty pog too
?
i pretty much agree though i could never go back to it and lose all the miscellaneous improvements we have to the game now
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #599230

i miss gangs before robustin ruined it. it was shit and i loved it
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #599245

i liked tagging turf that was a fun mechanic
NSFW:

Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #599250

cacogen wrote:i liked tagging turf that was a fun mechanic
Put it on a wall, windows around the wall, protect the wall with multiple members, if someone tries to break it kill them(REPEAT).
Living God

Extraordinary Person

confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #599295

legality wrote:
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #599451

Emergency table parts
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #599482

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #599483

good god the server is hot garbage now

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #599495

*sip*
Yeap.

I remember when /tg/ was good before Oranges/ActionNinja/Cobby/probably some other retards shat all over the game with their sub-zero IQ coding changes that no one asked for.

Also bring back the ability to slam people's heads into windows so you can instacrit them in 3 hits.
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #599496

you're a shitter from 2018 and oranges is older than you.
tinodrima7020
Byond Username: TinoDrima7020

Post by tinodrima7020 » #599504

confused rock wrote:you're a shitter from 2018 and oranges is older than you.
I've been here since 2014, babe. Literally who are you?
If you see this image please show Subject217 some love. He's in a dark place right now :(
Spoiler:
Fikou wrote:
The problem is that the autistic fucking admins on these SS13 servers, so drunk with power, so intoxicated on the scent of their sweaty ballsacks as they drown in 'decision making' and 'responsibility', things they've never had before, hand out permabans for next to nothing. Why not a 3 month ban? Why not a 6 month ban? No. A fucking perma ban. Nevermind that people change, nevermind that people have shitty days or good days, nevermind that FOREVER IS A FUCKING LONG TIME, no... Permabans. And then they expect you to appeal on the forums so they can have MORE POWER, MORE DECISION MAKING. "HOO HOO, LOOKIT ME MOMMY, I GET TO DECIDE THE FATE OF THIS MAN HOOOO HOOOOOO WOWEEE SO EXCITE, MY LITTLE WINKY WILLY IS GETTING CHUB-CHUB, MOMMY." And let's be fucking absolutely real here, the only reason admins want people to sign up for the fucking forums to fucking ban appeal is so they can sell the members e-mails to, like, Chinese realtors or some shit.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #599513

PKPenguin321 wrote:
cocothegogo wrote:probs the best time at tg was just after that big split few years ago when hippie station got formed. gang gamemode was pretty pog too
?
i pretty much agree though i could never go back to it and lose all the miscellaneous improvements we have to the game now
Gangs was fun if people prioritized recruiting versus murdering. Rounds getting flipped between different gangs and the crew were funny. The meta though made it not so fun down the line and Robustin's changes never helped it. Honestly hate to say but the implant breaker getting changed probably fucked it as recruiting was harder thus it lead to just killing people.
Freedom
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #599533

yeah for how fun it could be it definitely had flaws, i had some ideas for fixing it but i was too busy/stupid to code them at the time. keeping it in the code with headmin powers was all i could do. robustin tried but unfortunately i dont think his changes were all that good in hindsight
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #599534

I have a top secret true vintage video for you, featuring sounds of me scratching my arm and coughing a couple times because I forgot to mute the microphone, and a tragic twist ending
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #599651

Okay that is soulful
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #599696

elyina wrote:I have a top secret true vintage video for you, featuring sounds of me scratching my arm and coughing a couple times because I forgot to mute the microphone, and a tragic twist ending
ahelp: can you make all of security valid this round for being extreme shitcurity

yeah...yeah...

Erro had cool technical videos if I remember correctly, but deleted all of them, devoting his yt channel to game jams.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
NecromancerAnne
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NecromancerAnne

Post by NecromancerAnne » #599704

Iunno man. Taking the long view, the games pretty much as it was. Maybe not exactly the same. But so long as nothing changes the game fundamentally; any superfluous additions, removals or changes aren't going to matter as much for the experience that is bumming about on a metal deathtrap, and kicking around stuff in the sandbox to see what happens. That experience is still there and I still enjoy it, and actually enhanced significantly by the game not remaining the same.

It's really more the community of players that have been a more significant focal point for my experience and perspective changing over time. The game as a sandbox is evergreen for me. Its community is not. And that has a lot to do with having moved from one aspect of the community to the next, for better or worse.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned

Post by cacogen » #599756

Even this video from 2019 is considered noteworthy due to the changes since then. The game being the same on the surface is irrelevant.
NSFW: