Traitor is the best antag

General SS13 Chat

Traitor is the best antag?

Yes, it is, great point.
78%
At first I had thought, possibly, no. But now that I've thought about it some more I get what you're saying.
22%

Total votes: 23

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: RaveRadbury
Github Username: RaveRadbury

Traitor is the best antag

Post by RaveRadbury » #596535

Shoutouts to the best antag. 20 TC and a license to do whatever you want with a massive catalogue.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Traitor is the best antag

Post by Screemonster » #596538

even without the tc getting to just be a crewmember with a free licence to completely ignore escalation and murder the shit out of the first person to wrong you in any way is pretty dank
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #596541

100% agree. They give you 20 TC and you can do whatever you please. You don’t have to go through any bullshit to get it, aren’t forced into a certain playstyle, it’s all up to you. The perfect antag.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #596547

Yes, it is. How often do the other antag roles allow me to do some silly gimmick of my choosing that will surely result in my death, while also not getting cremated in .5 seconds?
Hugs
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596577

i can rp as a deranged crackhead that does meth with a help of another tot for 5 tc(ROMEROL) and share It with the crew..

with voices in my head saying "based..."

- Jonathan J Gupta
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #596593

Rev can be fun if you've got a decent crew/start in Cargo.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #596606

Absolutely the best.
With options that range from "I wanna click on people" to "I wanna make people talk to people in odd and funky ways" I can get in fights, subvert AIs, subvert people, (brainwashing counts as people subversion follow your laws carbon) and generally do random activities that I find fun or interesting.

Some of the most fun I've had recently was with cham kit + ID card + syndicate enc key + rad microlaser + cash for amputation shears
I got my target to willingly follow me as I had disguised as a security officer and told him that sec had a few questions about revolutionary activity around his department, and then I killed him in maint with nobody the wiser.

Next up I've gotta find some way to make the HoS say idiotic bullshit to the captain and then explode
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #596608

bring back bloodbrother 2021
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #596619

For me, it's changeling. Being able to rapidly change disguise and being given tools to escape situations that traitors would be downright fucked in opens the door to an incredible amount of shenanigans that no other antag can really do. If you've never transformed into your target, stabbed a random assistant with a spear in front of the brig, ran from sec, then rounded a corner, transformed into an officer, then joined your own chase as a sec officer while hunting your target, you haven't really played SS13.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #596626

PKPenguin321 wrote:For me, it's changeling. Being able to rapidly change disguise and being given tools to escape situations that traitors would be downright fucked in opens the door to an incredible amount of shenanigans that no other antag can really do. If you've never transformed into your target, stabbed a random assistant with a spear in front of the brig, ran from sec, then rounded a corner, transformed into an officer, then joined your own chase as a sec officer while hunting your target, you haven't really played SS13.
I wasn't expecting such a good opposing argument and I have to admit I'm shook. Thank you for your contribution.
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #596648

Ling has a lot of great potential use too yeah, all without being so upfront that you get stomped into the ground. Wouldn't mind seeing more fun added to them at some point.
Hugs
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596654

Misdoubtful wrote:Ling has a lot of great potential use too yeah, all without being so upfront that you get stomped into the ground. Wouldn't mind seeing more fun added to them at some point.
Misdoubtful I was thinking learning about being part of the coderbase to expand some things I wanna see in the game, is it relatively open?

Probably the wrong person to be asking!

Something something Gupta
Living God

Extraordinary Person

RaveRadbury
In-Game Game Master

Post by RaveRadbury » #596655

Jonathan Gupta wrote:
Misdoubtful wrote:Ling has a lot of great potential use too yeah, all without being so upfront that you get stomped into the ground. Wouldn't mind seeing more fun added to them at some point.
Misdoubtful I was thinking learning about being part of the coderbase to expand some things I wanna see in the game, is it relatively open?

The game is open source and contributions are welcome, here is a guide to that.
If you'd like help getting started I can offer basic assistance, hit me up on Discord. This is an open offer to all community members.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596656

RaveRadbury wrote:
Jonathan Gupta wrote:

The game is open source and contributions are welcome, here is a guide to that.
If you'd like help getting started I can offer basic assistance, hit me up on Discord. This is an open offer to all community members.
Ah thank you, I shall probably make a discord account now... I've been using skype for the past 5 years.. Time to change?

With gratitude!

- Jonathan J Gupta
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #596661

Traitor is the best antag, everything else is just a break/changeup from it to avoid it getting stale
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #596663

Bonus - you can TC trade to become almost any dumb antag you want from as traitor.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Jonathan Gupta

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #596664

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bonus - you can TC trade to become almost any dumb antag you want from as traitor.
I bother admemes for 40 tc trades all the time when I get a buddy. Sorry, admemes!!! Also The greytider for 40tc when?
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Nist
Byond Username: Nist

Post by Nist » #596789

RaveRadbury wrote:Shoutouts to the best antag. 20 TC and a license to do whatever you want with a massive catalogue.

free malf ai roll

10/10 antag
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #596793

XivilaiAnaxes wrote:Bonus - you can TC trade to become almost any dumb antag you want from as traitor.
the secret is that it's not the TCs that are valuable, but your antag status in the first place. the TCs are simply emphasized so you dont spend them and keep the items you bought once you switch roles
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #596805

TC trade for revenant next time you get tator trust me it works