What is next for /tg/station 13?

General SS13 Chat
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

What is next for /tg/station 13?

Post by Helios » #600431

What direction would you like to see the game development go in?
What interests you most? New game modes, new jobs, an expansion of existing antags with more tator and nuke ops items?
BorisvcBorison
Byond Username: Boris vc Borisvon

Re: What is next for /tg/station 13?

Post by BorisvcBorison » #600434

I want them to bring back old bread sprite
Yenwodyah
Byond Username: Yenwodyah
Github Username: Yenwodyah

Post by Yenwodyah » #600435

Keep everything exactly the same as it is right now, forever.
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #600436

Id really like to see melee combat reworked, swings and stabs and shit that hit people in a certain path+ direction of your click
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #600477

hydrodynamics
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

elyina
Byond Username: Elyina

Post by elyina » #600502

wesoda25 wrote:Id really like to see melee combat reworked, swings and stabs and shit that hit people in a certain path+ direction of your click
I've always wanted this, melee combat in ss13 requires more precision than using a gun which is just weird.
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #600504

I feel like a bit more medical content than just "surgery" or "reviving people" would be neat
having people come in for more than "they're literally dead or barely alive" could be kinda cool

we already have implants and cybernetics but those rarely show up in a shift...
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Mothblocks
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Jaredfogle

Post by Mothblocks » #600507

wesoda25 wrote:Id really like to see melee combat reworked, swings and stabs and shit that hit people in a certain path+ direction of your click
i want this but only because i physically cant click very fast and so just avoid combat entirely
Shaps-cloud wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:59 am May eventually become one of the illusive maintainer-headmins if they choose to pursue that path, having a coder in the senior admin leadership has usually been positive for both sides in the past.
Head Coder of /tg/station, hi!

Head Admin of /tg/station Feb 2022.

Mothblocks everywhere, >>> Say nice things about me <<<
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #600509

This would be phenomenal
BorisvcBorison wrote:I want them to bring back old bread sprite
Ew
► Show Spoiler
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #600510

Spoiler:

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #600512

Making melee combat not suck would be really nice, yeah.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #600516

Helios wrote:What is next for /tg/station 13?
/tg/station 14
Unless we want to skip to 16, that is also a possibility
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Rohen_Tahir
Byond Username: Rohen Tahir

Post by Rohen_Tahir » #600588

THE cortical borer
nianjiilical
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Nianjiilical

Post by nianjiilical » #600597

improved side antags

more weird shit

catgirls 2
human: ramon chivara
ai: shitpost generator
borg: shite-115
clown: donk tonkler
mime: beautiful noise

admin feedback thread

my admin policy:
Spoiler:
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #600605

Asteroid Mining with more bosses and hostile mobs and new rare minerals?
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #600606

More silly things that have enough substance to be turned into gimmicks, both for antags or for just players in general. More nonmuderous options for traitors. More incentive to interact/speak with crew to do your job. A complete overhaul of experisci (building 4 toilets and chairs to scan for an experiment is pretty lame). A more noob-friendly SM. A more noob-friendly medical. Veteran coders want to keep the SM and medical hard, or make it even more complex, because they believe it's easy once you learn it. They're right. Except nothing about this game is easy for a new player, and making things harder just makes it even more inaccessible than it already is (and it's already super inaccessible).

The issue with departmental interaction is that, currently, people join departments in order to benefit themselves. You do xenobio so you can get stabilized light pinks and adamantine armor. You do toxins so you can get maxcaps and stealth armor. You do chem so you can get anti-stun drugs and passive heals. You do viro so you can get a passive heal virus. Etc. People powergame, not because they're selfish, but because the content lends itself to that. We need more stuff like: eigenstasium, silver extracts, metal h2, boomerangbatong, etc.... Stuff that's fun enough to be worth making despite not garnering any direct powerful benefit. And more importantly, stuff that isn't walled behind 45 minutes of boring activities like scanning chairs.

As far as combat goes: more combat options. There is nothing wrong with the baton. The problem is there is only the baton. There is nothing wrong with the 357 and makarov. The problem is there is only the 357 and the makarov. More variety in melee and ranged weaponry would be extremely helpful. Currently there is a fake variety, at least in sec: pepperspray, bola, baton, flash, flashbang, etc. But the baton outclasses all of these by far. Now I'm not necessarily saying pepperspray should be made at the level of the baton, or that flashes should be buffed. I'm just saying it would be good for the game if there were more weapons or combat options that are on-par with the current options. It would give depth to combat and make it more sophisticated.

One last point without making this a massive wall: less round-ending grief. It's currently too common, IMO, that the station be completely depressurized and everyone die to atmosphere. It's too common that the station gets filled with plasma and everyone becomes husked. Better alerts for medical when someone is in crit/dead. Why shouldn't suit sensors alert paramedics when the person is dying/dead in maint? A half competent murderer can remove the suit and remove you from the round. The overall point is: make it easier for players to get back into the round instead of having to watch as a ghost. Currently if you die without being able to crawl to medical, you're most likely just gonna stay dead. And even worse, all your organs will rot so there's even less hope. But that's back to the point about medical being too difficult. If the average flow of dead greatly outpaces the average flow of revived, it means there is a problem, either with medical or with the station's susceptibility to grief. (Note: I'm talking about the average. Of course some rounds a murderboner will just kill everyone and no one gets revived. That's fine. But I'm speaking of the set of all rounds, take 500 rounds for instance).

Just my 2c.
Spoiler:
Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #600611

nianjiilical wrote:improved side antags

more weird shit

catgirls 2
based
sinfulbliss wrote: supermatter
Is supermatter that noob-unfriendly? Getting it to base functionality is pretty easy. Wrench the canisters down where they already are, max all the pumps exactly as they are, turn on the filters as they are.

Apparently, collectors don't need or benefit from extra plasma in the tanks anymore? So you can just slap that shit in as-is?

Configuring the air alarm is the only part that isn't immediately handled by "just turn everything on and leave it as it is"

It's just stuff like "all right everyone, we're harvesting pluoxium for hyper-efficient internals today" that gets difficult.

(Though I might have been in this too long to be viewing this properly from the perspective of someone new to engineering)
BONERMASTER
Byond Username: BONERMASTER

Post by BONERMASTER » #600615

melee combat upgrade, erotic roleplay
SIGNATURE UNDER CONSTRUCTION

*YOUR ADVERTISEMENT COULD BE HERE* - Contact BONERMASTER & Associates for further information
SuperNovaa41
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: SuperNovaa41

Post by SuperNovaa41 » #601286

Last edited by SuperNovaa41 on Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a maintainer for /tg/

I play Seth Scherer somtimes

Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601318

SuperNovaa41 wrote:A shutdown
kek
Living God

Extraordinary Person

Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #601346

It has occurred to me, looking at the wizard thread, that it could be kind of cool to have more antags that have loud vs quiet options, like the equivalent of war ops.
Jonathan Gupta
Byond Username: BallastMonsterGnarGnar

Post by Jonathan Gupta » #601355

Pandarsenic wrote:It has occurred to me, looking at the wizard thread, that it could be kind of cool to have more antags that have loud vs quiet options, like the equivalent of war ops.
This post is a 20/20
Living God

Extraordinary Person