high HP mobs with stun immunity don't have many threats, stuns are too punishing against traitors

General SS13 Chat
imsxz
Byond Username: Imsxz

high HP mobs with stun immunity don't have many threats, stuns are too punishing against traitors

Post by imsxz » #606580

laser guns are garbage against mobs that move and take more than 5 shots to kill

batons are 1 and done, we're right back to where we started

please subscribe to me on youtube
terranaut wrote:i saw this video before it was posted here
you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Arianya wrote:no, not the snails, shut up imsxz
Nervore wrote:I am going to will you out of existence, Imsxz.
One day, you will just cease to exist.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Re: high HP mobs with stun immunity don't have many threats, stuns are too punishing against traitors

Post by Pandarsenic » #606592

Space Dragons do be that way
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Re: high HP mobs with stun immunity don't have many threats, stuns are too punishing against traitors

Post by sinfulbliss » #606608

Baton is the best weapon don't get me wrong, but once someone starts attacking you with ranged weaponry your batong becomes much less useful, you have to engage back with ranged or they can easily zone you out and stamcrit/kill you. I guess the exception is when you're in maint and by the time you see the other person they're already in melee distance.

High HP mobs aren't a big deal but I do wish sec had options other than just red laserbeam. Stun weapons have a lot of variety - pepperspray, teargas, flashbang, flashes, baton, disabler, etc... But sec lethals shiftstart? Just basically red laserbeams. Shotguns are useless without investing time into handcrafting rounds. Doesn't make sense an improvised round made with wire, metal, and a screwdriver would be better than anything the lathe could make even after heavy R&D.

I suppose you have the sec autorifles but I'm more speaking about what starts out in the armory. I wouldn't consider it a bad plan to spend 1/4 of the sec budget on autorifles shiftstart just so you have a decent ranged lethal option that isn't red laserbeam.

tl;dr: bring back buckshot and slugs except nerf them to the point where you feel they aren't too OP. They should obviously be better than laserguns just due to scarcity and being like 3x as expensive, but no need to nuke them from the game.
Spoiler:
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #606613

dual wield
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #606620

If everything got nerfed so hard that the stun meta came back. Can we nerf stuns and bring back adrenals
► Show Spoiler
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #606677

sinfulbliss wrote:Baton is the best weapon don't get me wrong, but once someone starts attacking you with ranged weaponry your batong becomes much less useful, you have to engage back with ranged or they can easily zone you out and stamcrit/kill you. I guess the exception is when you're in maint and by the time you see the other person they're already in melee distance.

High HP mobs aren't a big deal but I do wish sec had options other than just red laserbeam. Stun weapons have a lot of variety - pepperspray, teargas, flashbang, flashes, baton, disabler, etc... But sec lethals shiftstart? Just basically red laserbeams. Shotguns are useless without investing time into handcrafting rounds. Doesn't make sense an improvised round made with wire, metal, and a screwdriver would be better than anything the lathe could make even after heavy R&D.

I suppose you have the sec autorifles but I'm more speaking about what starts out in the armory. I wouldn't consider it a bad plan to spend 1/4 of the sec budget on autorifles shiftstart just so you have a decent ranged lethal option that isn't red laserbeam.

tl;dr: bring back buckshot and slugs except nerf them to the point where you feel they aren't too OP. They should obviously be better than laserguns just due to scarcity and being like 3x as expensive, but no need to nuke them from the game.
slugs have no place in the game. keeping shotguns to close range weaponry with high burst is a unique and decent identity IMO.

you too can be cool like me if you just subscribe to imsxz youtube channel :shades:
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #606679

slugs definetly have a place in the game as an anti-low armor high alpha damage projectile type
the problem is that they are too versatile and overpowered
make them really shit against hardsuits/regular armor and we’re fine. make them slower reloading too
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #606684

slugs have no place in the game. keeping shotguns to close range weaponry with high burst is a unique and decent identity IMO.[/quote]

you know what else is high brust in close range? dual wield
imsxz

Post by imsxz » #606688

u cant even dual wield when ur right next to someone because ur on harm intent

also carrying 2 bulky laser guns lol

sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #606692

imsxz wrote:u cant even dual wield when ur right next to someone because ur on harm intent

also carrying 2 bulky laser guns lol
Wha? Sure you can, you just aim past them instead of clicking on them. Dual wielded disablers can fuck someone up quick.
Keeping shotguns as high damage close range guns makes sense but seems to me like if you can have autorifles do 20 brute per bullet damage at a limitless range with basically no reload or ammo cost at all, then shotguns should at least get some sort of love.
The bigger problem is that to even get lethal ammo you have to make it yourself. Might as well just readd buckshot at that point except in the form of improvised shells.
The fact the only other lethal option besides laserguns doesn’t have lethal ammo in the armory is kinda wack.
Spoiler:
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #606702

I haven't been so much as tickled by a shotgun for awhile now
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #607120

reduce HP, continue to remove stuns.

I am 100% okay with traitors getting dumpstered by security at close range, not a single moment of sleep lost that's absolutely what I want.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

edit: there is not a single circumstance in which I would ever return stuns and slugs, period.

if I continue to see discussions like this I will just remove the space dragon event wholesale.
sinfulbliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #607204

oranges wrote:edit: there is not a single circumstance in which I would ever return stuns and slugs, period
why tho >:(
oranges wrote:if I continue to see discussions like this I will just remove the space dragon event wholesale.
do it or noballs
Spoiler: