Circuits vs Nanites: The Copium Poll

General SS13 Chat

What's your personal opinion on circuits "replacing" nanites?

Nanites are better gone, circuits are THE ideal gameplay volume replacement
25%
Both are terrible, neither should be in the game
16%
Bring nanites back, but give circuits a chance
36%
Fuck circuits, I want my nanomachines back
6%
I don't care, I play clown/mime/else
17%

Total votes: 64

Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Circuits vs Nanites: The Copium Poll

Post by Agux909 » #609867

So here's a funny little poll to share a laugh, bring up hot takes and arguments from either side, also created in general chat so you don't feel under the pressure of someone breathing on your neck in coding feedback thread and such. Usual forum stuff you know. You can also just vote and not post, it's fine.

This isn't supposed to change anything of course, but I'd personally like to have a permanent log of opinions about the topic at hand, and to be able to leave it here for reflection in the future, whatever happens.

Thanks for voting if you did! Have a good day.

(if you didn't vote I wish you a good one regardless)
Spoiler:
I actually voted for option 3
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Re: Circuits vs Nanites: The Copium Poll

Post by Agux909 » #609869

August 8 2021 update:
Spoiler:
After one day of the poll being up, with more than 40 participants, the race is close between those in agreement of nanites having been replaced and those thinking both should stay.

The other teams seem to be lagging behind: the uncaring ones, the circuit haters, and the ones who'd like both to burn in hell. They're doing their best but it seems it won't be enough against the two main titans!

Excitement fills the forums as an inaudible crowd cheers for the two competing options going toe to toe, around 15 votes each. What an amazing start!

We'll keep you periodically informed unless we don't. Stay tuned for more Nanites vs Circuits action!

Only here, in the /tg/ General Chat subforum!
Last edited by Agux909 on Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LoveMirror
Byond Username: LoveMirror

Post by LoveMirror » #609895

The only cure for thinking actively scrapping a save-able gameplay mechanic is gonna make the game better in the long run, is a bullet to the brainstem. Save the nanites.
Image Image
cSeal
Byond Username: O0cyann0o

Post by cSeal » #609897

The REAL final final cope
► Show Spoiler
Fishimun
Byond Username: Fishimun

Post by Fishimun » #609906

cSeal wrote:The REAL final final cope
The REAL final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final final cope.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #609934

science should have less shit to do so they actually upgrade machines instead of bunkering down in the Purple Spergatory
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #609948

You just gave me an idea that either sucks or owns
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Tlaltecuhtli
Byond Username: Tlaltecuhtli

Post by Tlaltecuhtli » #609949

circuit has no interesting content and i dont think maintainers are gonna ever give it anything outside of chatbot, screechbot or other dumb functions that no one cares
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #610034

Circuits are cool in concept but if they're gonna become anything more than "I made a robot that screams!" is still up in the air. Nanites... was wacky. Broke medbay, the creator's intent (for the nanites to be sabotaged) did not happen at all, etc.
I remade the beach away mission
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #610042

EuSouAFazenda wrote:Circuits are cool in concept but if they're gonna become anything more than "I made a robot that screams!" is still up in the air. Nanites... was wacky. Broke medbay, the creator's intent (for the nanites to be sabotaged) did not happen at all, etc.
This guy is a pro SS13 player, he burns out on new content before it's even added.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #610044

i like circuits they remind me of coding in stormworks, i just wish they had more ways to physically effect the user like nanites could
respect (let him do his thing)
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #610094

kinnebian wrote:i like circuits they remind me of coding in stormworks, i just wish they had more ways to physically effect the user like nanites could
the problem is that le coders ideology was specifically to make new circuits worthless
they arent going to operate a turret or anything
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #610102

Super Aggro Crag wrote:science should have less shit to do so they actually upgrade machines instead of bunkering down in the Purple Spergatory
Oh boy I can't wait to spend the shift upgrading machines I'll never use. That sounds like a good use of the entire shift.

Science is made for isolated autism, there's no escaping it. It's actually pretty realistic anyway.
Spoiler:
Omega_DarkPotato
In-Game Admin Trainer
Byond Username: Omega_DarkPotato

Post by Omega_DarkPotato » #610142

wish that circuits weren't used to exclusively spam through un-mutable channels by people who think they're based and clearly the funniest alive by spamming noises
Super Aggro Crag wrote:This is what u get when u let people into your community
play opus: echo of starsong
I'm an admin, typically on /tg/station Sybil. If you've got anything you'd like to say about me, my adminning, or my decisions, please comment in my admin feedback thread!
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #610160

Omega_DarkPotato wrote:wish that circuits weren't used to exclusively spam through un-mutable channels by people who think they're based and clearly the funniest alive by spamming noises
if people want to spam, they will be able to with or without circuits. just report them as they show up