merch things

General SS13 Chat
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

merch things

Post by 420weedscopes » #81464

thanks to the previous global where i was posting this disappearing 5ever i'm going to post any merch shit i make here, pretty much just as a place to have it stored.

HAIL CARGONIA shirt
Spoiler:
HARMBATON bumper sticker
Spoiler:
LEGALIZE AMBROSIA shirt (wip because it sucks)
Spoiler:
KEEP CALM & GET DAT FUKKEN DISK shirt (design could probably be a poster too now that i think about it)
Spoiler:
REVHEAD shirt
Spoiler:
SYNDICATE shirt
Spoiler:
VARSITY SECURITY shirt
Spoiler:
MY OTHER RIDE IS A JANICART bumper sticker
Spoiler:
SPACE COLA mug
Spoiler:
thank you and god bless the weed
Last edited by 420weedscopes on Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: merch things

Post by Jacquerel » #81465

I think the shirts would look a lot better if you got the true size versions of the sprites and scaled them up while maintaining aliasing, rather than making them look like blurry crap.
It's about acceptable in the game, but they're even bigger on a shirt or bumper sticker. It also makes the ridges in that last gun stand out really starkly.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #81466

the ridges were originally the lights, but after messing with the threshold the lights were still bright blue and didn't match. so i just erased them instead. i didn't want anything other than black on that design.
i don't know how to maintain aliasing, other than scaling it up manually. ie, getting each pixel's colour and creating a 32 pixel blob and treating it as one pixel. too much work for something that would get blacked out eventually.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #81470

I think the varsity looks great. I also like the nuke op one.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #81471

I'd totally buy the nukeops one in poster form.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #81479

There were some talks in adminbus in somehow actually getting these made and sold to raise funds for the server. I would totally buy the revhead shirt.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #81483

some faux-corporate tshirts would be pretty cool tbh

although it might get weird when they ask you what's this nanotrasen thing you work for
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #81515

So where the fuck can I buy them

Also yeah corporate NT shirts would be nice
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #81517

Am i the only one who feels like this userbase is far too small to make money from merchandise sales?

Also people from other servers would probably buy this stuff. If you could market it over the entire SS13 community in a way that isnt "hey guys give us money".
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #81530

Yea, like you said, just sell to other userbases
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #81532

I'd definitely buy the syndicate shirt.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
iteq

Post by iteq » #81577

and while buying any of this shit remember to also purchase a revolver to blow your brains out
Spoiler:
Aaron Laborde says, "YOU'RE TYPING LIKE YOU HAVE A BRISTH ACCENT BUT YOURE JUST A SAD VIRGIN"

OOC: TheBibleMelts: the only time i was repulsed by erp was when i saw lindsay donk and dawgas roleplaying out a piss-childplay fantasy

-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Antonkr: You are a nigger lover.
Click on the administrator's name to reply.

OOC: Paprka: boy does talking shit get me horny
OOC: Sawrge: i am getting admin vote and iteq is getting player vote
(F) DEAD: Leo Bonhart says, "luck the only known tg player to trigger someones ptsd and cause a mental breakdown"
Word count of substantiative content of ban appeal: 87
Word count of shitpost copypasta: 195
OOC: Dannno: i fucking hate you stupid piece of shit iteq you fucking idiot one day im going to fucking ban you and you'll be gone for good faggot fuck you
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #81586

I'd be willing to oversee the Nanotrasen Authorized Merchandise Division. How would monetary things be handled in terms of profits? Percentage to creator of the item and Percentage elsewhere? Set a low price point and market to other servers, while giving the entirety of the profits to the person that created it?
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #81595

Eh, I'd prefer more subtle stuff. The nanotrasen sec one is pretty good
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #81596

the only way I'd see sales being made to playerbases outside of tg is if we give all profits strictly to byond

which isn't a bad thing in itself but it probably defeats the point of this thread, which is to make dosh for this server
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #81652

Jeb wrote:I'd be willing to oversee the Nanotrasen Authorized Merchandise Division. How would monetary things be handled in terms of profits? Percentage to creator of the item and Percentage elsewhere? Set a low price point and market to other servers, while giving the entirety of the profits to the person that created it?
talk to mso privately about that. we've already agreed on some stuff.

edit: added two new things! SPACE COLA mug design and JANICART bumper sticker.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #81723

What are you using to make this? Because the up scaling on some of the sprites looks bad.
Hey.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #81935

Nienhaus wrote:What are you using to make this? Because the up scaling on some of the sprites looks bad.
gimp also
420weedscopes wrote:i don't know how to maintain aliasing, other than scaling it up manually. ie, getting each pixel's colour and creating a 32 pixel blob and treating it as one pixel. too much work for something that would get blacked out eventually.
nien you are the sixth person to say this to me requiring me to quote words i've already said so please
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #81938

You should have an option somewhere to change how the program scales. It's probably set to bilinear or bicubic right now; if you change it to nearest neighbour, you'll retain sharp edges when you upscale images. Works great for pixelart, but don't use it on normal images.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #82064

I'm not sure on the legality of selling shirts with these designs on them

I know most of our sprites should be CC BY SA
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #82245

420weedscopes wrote:
Nienhaus wrote:What are you using to make this? Because the up scaling on some of the sprites looks bad.
gimp also
420weedscopes wrote:i don't know how to maintain aliasing, other than scaling it up manually. ie, getting each pixel's colour and creating a 32 pixel blob and treating it as one pixel. too much work for something that would get blacked out eventually.
nien you are the sixth person to say this to me requiring me to quote words i've already said so please
If you are scaling an image using the tool.
If you are scaling a layer.
No matter what you need to set the Interpolation to None. That's why I wanted to know what you were using.
Hey.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #82480

okay but i cannot work on the shirts to fix the blurriness because oranges is not sure about legal stuff and licenses
and i already know that he's willing to go to court over GPL stuff so i won't risk it until things are absolutely known
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #82497

CC BY SA: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/ wrote: You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
for any purpose, even commercially.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
We'll be fine.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #82737

grate! i'll clean up the shirts today. watch this space.
update: cleanup is being finnicky with nienhaus' solution. here is what happens.
(there was an image here once, it's gone now)
gettin' awfully tired of your shit, gimp.
Last edited by 420weedscopes on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #82802

Normally for sprites you don't want it to be blurry, try setting the rotation Interpolation to linear.
Hey.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #82835

it's even blurrier
there was an image here but i deleted it

edit: somehow did something to fix my error??? i've got no idea what i did but the sec varsity shirt, and the janicart/harmbaton stickers aren't blurry anymore. cargonia shirt took time originally, so i'll have to figure out how i did it again in order to make it not blurry.

edit 2: fixed the blurriness on cargonia shirt. turns out i did some special threshold tricks with it. also added a grunge to it since it looked disconnected while clean.

unless anyone has more ideas, these are all good to go???????????
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #84805

We need a Hail Singuloth t-shirt. With a max size singularity on it.
Maybe do the same with Nar-Sie as well!
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #85092

Akkryls wrote:We need a Hail Singuloth t-shirt. With a max size singularity on it.
Maybe do the same with Nar-Sie as well!
neither can be done. see image.
the max size singulo has more colours.
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #85131

Holy hell. Singuloth has that many colours? I'm impressed.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #85135

needs more :honkman: or :silentman:
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls