What happened in the last couple of years?

General SS13 Chat
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

What happened in the last couple of years?

Post by InsaneHyena » #702743

I took a little bit of a hiatus, it was long enough for a lot of things to change, and I'm feeling a little lost. Can someone recap me on the new things that got added in the last couple of years?
Bring back papercult.

Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Re: What happened in the last couple of years?

Post by Jacquerel » #702744

there are clown shoes which make meowing noises now
Turbonerd
Byond Username: AccountName5

Post by Turbonerd » #702748

We got smart pipes.
datorangebottle
Byond Username: Datorangebottle

Post by datorangebottle » #702785

Solo not-cultist cultists called Heretics got added. They function very differently from the blood cult, but still draw runes, make sacrifices, and have a funny colored hand that messes with people(significantly powered down). They have cult simulator lore. It's great.
Timberpoes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 10:33 pm ImageAnother satisfied Timberpoes voter.Image
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:16 pm I highly doubt any other admin on the team would have given you this chance, except maybe Kieth because his brain worms are almost as bad as mine.
Vekter wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 4:45 pm At what point does someone's refusal or failure to improve become malice in and of itself? If you give someone a year to stop shitting on the carpet and they keep doing it but get slightly closer to the bathroom every time and sometimes they get to the toilet before it happens, at what point does it become acceptable to just ask them to go shit in someone else's house?
Timberpoes wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:00 pm I'm sorry, can we get a real player to resolve this appeal? I don't like this trial player. They can't even set their own name.
Chadley wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 4:00 am WENDEZ, cute, cute. I imagine the sleeper activation code when I hear it. That's pretty cool. qB). But I don't like that it doesn't line up to be anything obsurd like WEWLAD. 6/10

SUGMA, nevermind it makes sense now. fuckyou/10
kieth4 wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 2:34 pm If it goes to appeals I will stand as the shield and protect this man's right to shit himself. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
sinfulbliss wrote: I almost prefer Rave's AI-generated "We cannot accept this appeal at this time. If you would like assistance appealing in the future, please dial 1-800-1984-1488."
Pandarsenic wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 2:25 pm I think we can all agree that someone throwing a reverse revolver at Zyb as a secret test of character, and Zyb immediately fucking himself with it, is the best thing we all could have received for Christmas this year
Capsandi
Byond Username: Capsandi

Post by Capsandi » #703073

they fixed that sticky movement key issue wherein you would get stuck moving in one direction when having any ui open. Every day I remember that bug is a day I appreciate its death.
Timonk wrote:
Wesoda25 wrote:Genuinely think they should be blacklisted.
You have clearly never seen his dick
Lower your tone with me if your tracked play time doesn't look like this:
Flatulent wrote:of course you can change religion doing it while islamic however makes you lose your head from happiness
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #703253

If it was a lot of years, there used to be a limit on how frequently your clicks would register and that's gone now

The engine is now Supermatter Only and doesn't require Plasma Collectors
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #703301

Hardsuits don't exist anymore and have been replaced with MODSuits.

Basically, imagine a hardsuit expect it goes onto your back slot, folds out onto your feet, hands, torso, head, and takes quite a while to turn on/off. You can also put loads of weird modules in them like a grenade dispenser that makes decoys of yourself.
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
Kendrickorium
Byond Username: Kendrickorium

Post by Kendrickorium » #703309

Capsandi wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:50 pm they fixed that sticky movement key issue wherein you would get stuck moving in one direction when having any ui open. Every day I remember that bug is a day I appreciate its death.
OH MY FUCKING GOD SOMEONE KISS THE CODER THAT FIXED THIS FULL ON THE LIPS
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #703497

It was stylemistake. big + of tgui.
It can still happen with other things that capture key inputs. We never really fixed that we just conditioned people to hit escape.
TGUIifying the chat input (and most others) helped avoid this I think?? Haven't seen it so much recently.
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #703498

Also we totally fixed lag I swear, added proper multiz (kevinzzzzzz), runechat (text above heads when someone says something) and oh killed intents
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703632

Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:49 am If it was a lot of years, there used to be a limit on how frequently your clicks would register and that's gone now
straight up false
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703633

i got a good one: the guy who ported dynamic from VG (TCEO) who was/is also one of my favourite people went postal and did a bunch of work on merchant station, which was more or less known to be a dumpster of people from around the BYOND net and also home to a bunch of phobias related to other people. i used to be able to find his comments on their PRs pretty easily but i just looked again and i couldnt find a single one. maybe he reformed? i dont actually know what happened between him and TG

Armhulen is doing a Kor right now, hes been gone for about 3 months but im sure he will return.... right?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #703652

Timonk wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:28 pm
Pandarsenic wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:49 am If it was a lot of years, there used to be a limit on how frequently your clicks would register and that's gone now
straight up false
Whattttt

Did MSO lie to me? I was told this got figured out sometime like 2016, that the clicky had a hard rate limit
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703663

Pandarsenic wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:08 am
Timonk wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:28 pm
straight up false
Whattttt

Did MSO lie to me? I was told this got figured out sometime like 2016, that the clicky had a hard rate limit
Clicky still has a hard limit but it's artificially induced to stop auto clickers but you can still reach it during lag and if you usw function buttons on your mouse
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheChosenEvilOne
Byond Username: TheChosenEvilOne

Post by TheChosenEvilOne » #703680

Timonk wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:41 pm i got a good one: the guy who ported dynamic from VG (TCEO) who was/is also one of my favourite people went postal and did a bunch of work on merchant station, which was more or less known to be a dumpster of people from around the BYOND net and also home to a bunch of phobias related to other people. i used to be able to find his comments on their PRs pretty easily but i just looked again and i couldnt find a single one. maybe he reformed? i dont actually know what happened between him and TG
lol?
h
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703700

TheChosenEvilOne wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:56 am
Timonk wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:41 pm i got a good one: the guy who ported dynamic from VG (TCEO) who was/is also one of my favourite people went postal and did a bunch of work on merchant station, which was more or less known to be a dumpster of people from around the BYOND net and also home to a bunch of phobias related to other people. i used to be able to find his comments on their PRs pretty easily but i just looked again and i couldnt find a single one. maybe he reformed? i dont actually know what happened between him and TG
lol?
i released the kraken. any insight on your Merchant station time?
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

TheChosenEvilOne

Post by TheChosenEvilOne » #703714

Timonk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:46 pm
TheChosenEvilOne wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:56 am
lol?
i released the kraken. any insight on your Merchant station time?
I code.
h
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #703715

https://github.com/The-Merchants-Guild/ ... 13/pull/25
any input? i misremembered the comment thing as this. i meant this.
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #703729

No more wizard xenobio...

No more staff of change carps.
► Show Spoiler
TheChosenEvilOne

Post by TheChosenEvilOne » #703734

Timonk wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:21 pm https://github.com/The-Merchants-Guild/ ... 13/pull/25
any input? i misremembered the comment thing as this. i meant this.
I merge.
h
LEDDDriver
Byond Username: LEDDriver

Post by LEDDDriver » #703751

TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:06 am TGUIifying the chat input (and most others) helped avoid this I think?? Haven't seen it so much recently.
You introduced a much larger issue with TGUIfying the chat saybox, something that a lot of folks have communicated both in discord and through forum threads; a very significant delay when you try hit the say keybind, the saybox appearing, and then it initializing. It's remarkable why we cannot have an option in our settings to revert back to the old thing. It's affecting (sometimes very significantly so) gameplay.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #706279

all gameplay elements can be totally ignored. they have added text to speech voices so you can just walk around saying things and it's automatically entertaining. they finally solved it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zero Ziat
Byond Username: Zero Ziat

Post by Zero Ziat » #706341

LEDDDriver wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:06 pm
TheFinalPotato wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:06 am TGUIifying the chat input (and most others) helped avoid this I think?? Haven't seen it so much recently.
You introduced a much larger issue with TGUIfying the chat saybox, something that a lot of folks have communicated both in discord and through forum threads; a very significant delay when you try hit the say keybind, the saybox appearing, and then it initializing. It's remarkable why we cannot have an option in our settings to revert back to the old thing. It's affecting (sometimes very significantly so) gameplay.
agreed. i have to wait to type. then when i get type-baited trying to say the right thing i get killed. therefore i have to stop talking and rping and just start type-baiting and killing people.

in synthesis, not a bad idea, but needs work. the old Say ", due to the nature of how it works spawns no speech bubble which just makes you look like you're standing there too and also locks your WASD so you have to multibrain the entire thing.

there's no easy solution to this i guess?

edit: i think lummoxjr was waxing about replacing byond's webview soon. maybe one that loads faster is in order.
i used to have a signature here but it was from like almost 10 years ago lol
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #706420

Has genetics and shaft mining gotten any new content expansions

please
► Show Spoiler
Jacquerel
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Becquerel

Post by Jacquerel » #706427

Genetics has a new machine that you use to merge people with various mobs and mining mobs have had a behaviour overhaul, there is also a much bigger mining change in the pipeline which isn't ready to merge yet which adds a kind of wave defence thing and a small touch of making processing machinery.