Spider Infestation Balance Rebalance Part 3

General SS13 Chat
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

Spider Infestation Balance Rebalance Part 3

Post by Hoolny » #709733

I just started working on the newest spider changes mainly focusing on a change of direction to centralize the spider nest into one and adding a terrifying empress spider.

I have asked for feedback on spiders nearly everywhere except for here in the forums if you have any opinions or commentary on; bugs, balances, mechanics, or new ideas please put them here so I can look at them and incorporate them into the newest PR.

This is the current design document: https://hackmd.io/@4DLPlbnvQ3iI_XRdBhqvaQ/BkS9q2tlT
chocolate_bickie
Byond Username: Chocolate_bickie

Re: Spider Infestation Balance Rebalance Part 3

Post by chocolate_bickie » #709761

Okay but spiders either need spider chat or a pinpointer for the Empress.
Hoolny
Byond Username: Hoolny

Post by Hoolny » #709765

chocolate_bickie wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:44 pm Okay but spiders either need spider chat or a pinpointer for the Empress.
spiders do have a chat specific spiders those being;
Scout, Breacher, Broodmother and the new added empress

I could add a pin pointer for the empress but I dont see that as being fully necessary unless testing says otherwise.
EmpressMaia
Byond Username: EmpressMaia

Post by EmpressMaia » #709769

Empress spider more like Empress Maia hello
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #710687

My primary question with this direction is what seperates spiders, thematically, from aliens? If they have ascending tiers and a single overlord who orders them around that just seems to be bringing two VERY similar threats even closer.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕