Maximizing butt-naked prowess

General SS13 Chat
TheSmallBlue
Byond Username: SmallBlue

Maximizing butt-naked prowess

Post by TheSmallBlue » #725499

I've recently gotten a bit obsessed with using the DNA infuser in genetics with mice to ventcrawl around the station freely. It's really fun, I love hopping around vent to vent going "cheesed to meet you!" while they are visibly confused.

Anyways point is, to ventcrawl you have to be butt naked. Not a single piece of equipment in sight. No ID, no Toolbelt, no jumpsuit, nothing.
This got me thinking, how many abilities/upgrades could one fit into a character that is entirely naked?
By this I mean, what mutations, augmentations, surgeries, etc, could be used on a person so that, even when butt naked, they're a forced to be reckoned with?

The obvious answers are stuff like, Pressure/Temp adapt and Hulk, but ignoring those, in what other ways would you build a completely naked character with the objective of making them a beast?

Personally, contuniuing the mouse thing, I usually get a nutriment plus implant, a reviver, a breathing tube and both toolset arm implants. I use them mostly to mitigate the effects of ventcrawling and being a mice-infused person, i dont get killed by the vent's low pressure or low oxygen, nor do i get hungry really fast. Perfect for popping in and out of places. Wish I could hold items in some way though.
When human I go by Bluti Kabooti, when AI I go by Azure
Comm from
Kassori
Byond Username: Kassori

Re: Maximizing butt-naked prowess

Post by Kassori » #725516

Can you get your torso augmented, start a body cavity implant, shove a smugglers bag or something in your chest and leave the surgery unfinished to have a really, really gross way to store something?
pfp by AspEv
Donglesplonge
Byond Username: Donglesplonge

Post by Donglesplonge » #725534

baseline: jellyperson, 50% burn damage reduction (becomes 75% when combined with fiery sweat, because its multiplicative,) immunity to bleeding and blunt force wounds, isn't de-limbed that easily, also still has DNA so is affected by genetics mutations and infusions

Mutations: void (immunity to all damage with a random malus to activate on its own, activating on its own doesn't use your CD of the ability) fiery sweat (50% reduced burn damage across the board, 75% when combined with jellypersons natural burn damage resistance, very handy for security) shock touch (if used properly lets you steal someones equipment out from under them, as it makes you drop your held item), temperature adaptation (nullifies a decent weakness of jellyperson, cold being heavier on them, also lets you spacewalk without being slowed down due to temperature in case you gotta run) dwarfism (hopping tables is pretty strong in certain environments for dealing with batons) last ones a free square, i'd use TK or insulated personally.

infusions: go either full mouse or cockroach, ventcrawlings funny to scare people with and being a full cockroach decreases the amount of damage you take from brute (need a factcheck on this one i forgot) when laying down, also fun fact: infusions use the organ system, so you can take out the organs that give you the abilities you want and put them into yourself from other infusions, for instance if i want meson vision from the goliaths i just gotta take out someones infused goliath eyes and put them into my head, this doesn't work for certain infusions, as they require all the organs to work as kinda like a set bonus, for instance i think ventcrawling is like this, but you can still infuse other organs the mouse ones don't touch and use those too.

surgery: muscled veins (if you get caught and lose your heart because sec wants to take away your vent crawling, at least you don't need the heart to survive) nerve grounding (you can take insulated, making nerve grounding no longer is required as they both do the same thing) cortex imprint (prevents head damage over the long term giving you basic traumas that might fuck with you).

robotics: both toolset implants (might as well be able to break down shit you need broken down) reviver (with muscled veins prevents the downside of being EMP'd from actually working, as you don't need your heart to live anymore), ion jetpack (very handy for getting around faster if you need to in space) nutriment (free food === less time eating).

thats all i got in my brain but this is what i'd probably do in order to maximize my capabilities to fuck around while also still not actually wearing or having any equipment on me
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #725598

Steal the spell book for smoke casting too.
And skillchips, especially the engineering one it's underrated.
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #725635

you know i have no idea what skillchips are or do
Comm from
warbluke
Byond Username: Warbluke

Post by warbluke » #725649

The engineering one lets you see every wire function in every door no matter the department. Admittedly with ventcrawling there aren't as many doors to be hacked but there are a couple chokepoints where it would help. Especially if people start welding vents.
RedBaronFlyer
Byond Username: RedBaronFlyer

Post by RedBaronFlyer » #725652

depends on your prison wallet
WARNING, Prolonged exposure to my opinions can be mentally scarring or in some cases, FATAL
Stamper of papers, pusher of crates, and the cleaner of floors.
I'm Eugine Adrian Hynes on Manuel, I'm very uncool.
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:11 pm I assume he did it elsewhere because it's fucking goofball and he never half-asses his shitty ideas, he full asses them so both cheeks are absolutely slathered in shit
kinnebian
Byond Username: Kinnebian

Post by kinnebian » #726132

is it a chest augment that gives you the free pockets without a uniform
respect (let him do his thing)
TheSmallBlue

Post by TheSmallBlue » #726139

kinnebian wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:52 am is it a chest augment that gives you the free pockets without a uniform
Yeah, just get augmented with a cyborg chest
Comm from