No, leave him banned.
38%

Total votes: 74

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: The "UnbanTerbs" poll.

Post by Wyzack » #90426

Bottom post of the previous page:

Well this opens up a whole other can of worms and i hope MSO will post to address them
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #90427

this sets an ugly precedent though.

Only solution is to shit our pants, and then wear them on our head. Who's first?
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90428

I thought one of the reasons for linking BYOND acounts was so that polls could actually matter. This poll shows a 60% majority wanting him unbanned.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90430

I, too, think winning the Prom Queen award should absolve people of breaking the rules. He's clearly popular therefore above them.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90432

Arguing with you is pointless, People are right to shit on you, abrasive much? strawman mucher?

Feh, I wash my hands of you.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90434

It really seems like you just dont get it man. It is not about popularity, it is about fun. FUN. THIS IS A FUCKING GAME ON THE INTERNET. WE PLAY IT FOR FUN.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90435

Gee golly not the f-word again.

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #90436

Wait i am confused. Your pic is about powergaming, what does that have to do with this discussion? Terbs is fun to play with, so a solid 60% of those who voted think he should be unbanned. It is that simple
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90438

Wyzack wrote:Wait i am confused. Your pic is about powergaming, what does that have to do with this discussion? Terbs is fun to play with, so a solid 60% of those who voted think he should be unbanned. It is that simple
Okay cool, so what do you think about his ban evasion?
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #90439

The joke of that image is that it's a guy trying to excuse his blatant powergaming as "fun" and how hypocritical he is.

Try reaching in your big bag of SS13 theme'd reaction images again and see if you can't find something a little more on point.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90440

Dig in those heels, You're right and you'll always be right.
Everybody no matter how many of them there are is wrong, They're just jealous because I'm amazing so they disagree with me even though they secretly know I'm right
This picture will show them, they'll all realize how wrong they all are.

My mommy thinks i'm handsome.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90441

An0n3 wrote:The joke of that image is that it's a guy trying to excuse his blatant powergaming as "fun" and how hypocritical he is.

Try reaching in your big bag of SS13 theme'd reaction images again and see if you can't find something a little more on point.
Wyzack wrote:Wait i am confused. Your pic is about powergaming, what does that have to do with this discussion? Terbs is fun to play with, so a solid 60% of those who voted think he should be unbanned. It is that simple
Falamazeer wrote:Dig in those heels, You're right and you'll always be right.
Everybody no matter how many of them there are is wrong, They're just jealous because I'm amazing so they disagree with me even though they secretly know I'm right
This picture will show them, they'll all realize how wrong they all are.

My mommy thinks i'm handsome.
LOL DUDEs it's just a game
CHILL OUT who even cares

I'm also just vehemently shitposting a point that's already been established because nobody seems to understand "BUT HE'S MY FRIEND" doesn't excuse breaking the rules because i'm bored.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90443

You're the only one who keeps saying "BUT HE'S MY FRIEND". Let's sift through that middle-school sarcasm and turn it around:

Why do you keep thinking "BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM" is a good enough reason to keep him banned?

I mean it's pretty obvious you hate Icepacks guts and you're upset he's been given a second chance.
Is it your mission to make sure someone else you don't like doesn't slip through the prison bars on your watch?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90445

An0n3 wrote:You're the only one who keeps saying "BUT HE'S MY FRIEND". Let's sift through that middle-school sarcasm and turn it around:

Why do you keep thinking "BUT I DON'T LIKE HIM" is a good enough reason to keep him banned?
Because I hold minimal interaction with him at best, and am going by his breaking of the rules severely enough to get blacklisted by two different hosts despite outcries from his butt buddies.

So unlike you, I hold a mostly unbiased opinion of him. Unless you count my bias for keeping ban evaders gone permanently.

LOLEDIT can you finish a single fucking thought in one post without editing it afterwards? It makes quoting you a real pain in the ass.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90447

I'm sorry I hadn't considered that you were furiously hammering F5 in the thread waiting for responses.

I don't think "I barely know the guy" gives you an unbiased opinion, it gives you an uninformed opinion.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #90448

terbs didn't even post smh
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90449

"But it's not a rule anymore"
"But nobody would be banned for that if they weren't already in trouble"
"But you can't use singulo in a ban as evidense anyone can write anything there"
"Errorage was a faggot anyways"
"But he's fun to play with, he just got a raw deal and got salty over it"

You pick the one you want to argue and dig in your heels trying to make it about that exclusively.

I don't know where you got it in your head that majority doesn't matter, and that you must swim against the current of retards, this many people didn't vote for an unban of some kind just because he's funny from time to time. Or as a free terbs joke of a meme It's because it's been TWO GODAMN YEARS, and all the other things I listed. and that were listed in this and the other thread.

You remind me of creed, he'd swim against the current just to be a doucher too. and no amount of dissenting opinion would disuade him from fucking up the community one policy at a time.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #90450

oranges wrote:terbs didn't even post smh
Terbs wasn't allowed to post in the appeals thread because he's still forumbanned AFAIK.

Unless you mean that the Singulo posts that were referenced were conclusively not his?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #90451

Oh didn't realise he was banned from FNR
Tunder
Byond Username: Tunderchief

Post by Tunder » #90469

Saegrimr wrote:
An0n3 wrote:You're the only one who keeps saying "BUT HE'S MY FRIEND". Let's sift through that middle-school sarcasm and turn it around:

Because I hold minimal interaction with him at best, and am going by his breaking of the rules severely enough to get blacklisted by two different hosts despite outcries from his butt buddies.

So unlike you, I hold a mostly unbiased opinion of him. Unless you count my bias for keeping ban evaders gone permanently.

LOLEDIT can you finish a single fucking thought in one post without editing it afterwards? It makes quoting you a real pain in the ass.

You seem really offensively biased to any discussion of Terbs even though you haven't been here long enough to have seen him play more than a few months at most.

Terbs was neither a powergamer or a supershitter. He had his bad rounds, but everyone does, and his jacket isn't any worse than anyone else who has been here for more than a few years.

In the end, he was targeted above other, worse shitters for political and personal reasons, because he is loudly critical of poor administration.

His ban was shit, and everyone who has been here a significant amount of time and doesn't have a personal stake in it openly admits it.
Last edited by Tunder on Mon May 25, 2015 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
wól dir, spér, kriuze únde dorn,
wê dir, heiden, dáz ist dir zorn.
Maccus
Byond Username: FrowningMaccus

Post by Maccus » #90470

Why are we paying Saegrimr any thought when he's the guy that got so buttfrustrated on someone calling him out on selective banning for having a "Not RP-friendly name" that he forced a policy change just to say he was justified

Just ignore him, he's even admitted he's only in here for "blatant shitposting." Gonna go ahead and give you a heads-up, by the way, when you inevitably reply to me, Saegrimr, that I'm not gonna acknowledge it and you won't gain anything from it besides bumping a thread to get Terbs unbanned.

I mean Christ, it's not like Terbs is Paprika and actively making fun of someone getting molested as a child or their suicide attempts.
Spoiler:
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90474

Aren't you also permabanned, Tunder?
Maccus wrote:Why are we paying Saegrimr any thought when he's the guy that got so buttfrustrated on someone calling him out on selective banning for having a "Not RP-friendly name" that he forced a policy change just to say he was justified
Please make up more facts about me. I enforced the policy as written until someone threw such a gigantic shitfit about it that it was expanded upon.

I bet you also think i'm personally responsible for changing the rules to get people who spout "ayy lmao" IC to be banned.
Except oh wait, I never even posted in the thread responsible. I just enforce the rules as written. Its amazing how many people don't like the rules of the server they play on.
Spoiler:
Quick deadmin me for posting secret admin threads.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90478

not sure how you think these two things are connected.

Are you having a stroke?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90480

Am I suddenly not replying to someone accusing me of things? Did I hallucinate Maccus posting? Maybe I am having a stroke.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90485

You might be.

How is this

calling him out on selective banning for having a "Not RP-friendly name" that he forced a policy change just to say he was justified

Related to this
I bet you also think i'm personally responsible for changing the rules to get people who spout "ayy lmao" IC to be banned.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #90488

How is being falsely accused of doing something related to something else i've been falsely accused of? This one is gonna keep me up all night for sure.

Oh wait it makes sense now, Maccus is the friend of said guy that threw a huge shitfit about it.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #90491

Something Else you've been falsely accused of?
By who? you? just now?

Maybe that's not how you wrote it, or there is some history I'm not aware of (which would be your fault, assuming anyone is keeping notes)
But it looks like you went from being accused of shitting on shitty names, to accusing yourself of shitting on ayyyy lmao then skirting the blame to sticky.

Outta nowhere.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #90493

Honestly a player vote should not be the determinant in deciding to ban or unban someone. Those really boil down to how effective that individual is at public relations and the time elapsed from them committing their original banning offences.

The issue of unbanning someone who was permabanned should be entirely up to the head administrators to decide. There's a stark difference between someone being permabanned and someone just being banned, where a normal ban is not meant to be permanent whereas a permanent ban is intended for someone which there was no other recourse as they had expended their final chances at redemption. This makes it a head admin issue.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #90515

This is all a moot point now, as he's not being unbanned.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you