What the frick have you done to my 2d spacemens?!

General SS13 Chat
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

What the frick have you done to my 2d spacemens?!

Post by Zaffre » #91880

So after a one year hiatus of travelling I'm finally back, and I am SO CONFUSED!

I CBA to read all the changelogs from the past year so hopefully you guys can fill me in on the major stuff?

The things I have noticed so far after a couple of rounds:

- Chemistry has fucktupled in size, now I'm gonna have to spend a week re-learning it.
- The fucking chat has 26346 new fonts that make my eyes burn. Like why the fuck was that necessary?
- New viruses? I saw someone cough up butterflies?
- New antags + new traitor gear.
- Drones.
- New sprites for some things.

I'm sure there's a million more things but I haven't seem them yet but it would be sweet if you guys can fill me in on some stuff?
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: What the frick have you done to my 2d spacemens?!

Post by Bluespace » #91884

Coders removed all fun.
Game is just "try and get valids: the game".
I play Boris Pepper.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #91886

Cant you just play the game and read the changelog more indephtly instead of another one of these

"Oh shit I was gone but now im back someone tell me all the new stuff in a really attention whorey thread"
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #91923

Wow, Called him an attention whore for being uber surprised at the amount of changes, a bit much isn't it?

The chems are called goonchem, very different, you'll see some familiar faces under different names there, but there is a lot different besides. For basic heals, Kelotane for burns is silver sulfadazine (Something like that) The bruise stuff is now styptic powder, which can stop bleeding (A new thing, you can run out too, be careful) And anti-toxin is charcoal.

Never seen someone cough up butterflies, but bees happen because of a new admin only experimental round type called abductor, where two aliens team up, one is the agent, and the other the scientist, the agent tries to KO you with an advanced stun baton and steal you so the scientist can replace your organs with weird stuff.

Best of luck bra, welcome back
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #91937

Regular people use the tools we have for notifying of changes
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #91938

OH GOD WAIT SOMEONE CHANGED THE GAME

DELETE CODERBUS THOSE CODERS HAVE BEEN STEALTHILY CODING FOR A YEAR.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #91941

Find EVERYONE with commit access, and IP BAN THOSE FUCKERS!
I thought it was weird when my toolbox didn't kill the captain.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91958

Falamazeer wrote:Never seen someone cough up butterflies, but bees happen because of a new admin only experimental round type called abductor, where two aliens team up, one is the agent, and the other the scientist, the agent tries to KO you with an advanced stun baton and steal you so the scientist can replace your organs with weird stuff.
Beesease and anxiety make you cough up bees and butterflies, respectively. Both viruses come in the virology crate from cargo.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91981

there are a few new roundmodes

Shadowling: the cool brother to changeling. the shadowling goes around turning crewmembers into his slaves (thralls), evolves once to gain powers but become obvious and burn away in the light, evolves a second time to turn into the walking (actually floating) manifestation of a murderboner (if this happens don't bother fighting it, just beg for mercy and run)

Abduction: kidnap all the crewmembers, probe them, replace their organs with funny science bits. my favourite of the new round modes

Gang Wars: territorial team deathmatch
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #92135

i made more plants
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #92185

See the button on the captain console marked "Request nuclear codes"?

Push it and start bullshitting.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Akkryls
Byond Username: Akkryls

Post by Akkryls » #92190

NikNakFlak wrote:Regular people use the tools we have for notifying of changes
Regular people also know that the coders don't always update it. This isn't a bitchy shot at people, it's just been stated several times before that the changelog is apparently a pain in the ass and it's easier for coders to share updates via Github.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #92196

>implying coders are regular people

Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #92388

Akkryls wrote:Regular people also know that the coders don't always update it. This isn't a bitchy shot at people, it's just been stated several times before that the changelog is apparently a pain in the ass and it's easier for coders to share updates via Github.
in the rare case that a coder doesn't do their own changelog file, Jordie usually does it in a big PR from time to time. also, there's my show, The Changelog.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #92390

These are good threads to plug the show.
Zaffre
Byond Username: Zaffre

Post by Zaffre » #92998

But fucking seriously, why is there different fonts for silicons and shit? Who fucking came up with that one? My eyes hurt after every round with a talkative AI. I mean, at least make it fucking optional. (if possible)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #93054

Back to bay with you
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #93140

Zaffre wrote:But fucking seriously, why is there different fonts for silicons and shit? Who fucking came up with that one? My eyes hurt after every round with a talkative AI. I mean, at least make it fucking optional. (if possible)
Try uninstalling the fonts. You can do so by going to your PC's Control Panel and selecting Fonts. Just delete the fonts you don't like and bam, you're all set.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #93189

Also by the way
you can say fuck you know
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #93217

Zaffre wrote: - Chemistry has fucktupled in size, now I'm gonna have to spend a week re-learning it.
Goonchem. Whole new chemistry system. It's been met with... mixed reception. Personally, I love the toxins and other chems but utterly loathe the medical ones
- The fucking chat has 26346 new fonts that make my eyes burn. Like why the fuck was that necessary?
Silicons have their own font, which I find useful. One DNA block can change your voice to comic sans. Only two different fonts in all.
- New viruses? I saw someone cough up butterflies?
Either from the virus crate or admin-spawned. I think the former
- New antags + new traitor gear.
Shaodowlings, which are changeling-ish aliens that burn in light and can enthrall crew even though loyalty implants, abductors who kidnap crewmembers and implant them with alien glands, and rev's bastard child, gang war
- Drones.
A way for ghosts to be productive. Positronic brains function similarly, and they can be used in place of MMIs for borgs
- New sprites for some things.
I've been playing since October. Spriters have been busy in the time I've been here
>tfw a thread is 5+ days old and only 2 people out of 19 posts answer the fucking questions
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #93310

Akkryls wrote:
Regular people also know that the coders don't always update it. This isn't a bitchy shot at people, it's just been stated several times before that the changelog is apparently a pain in the ass and it's easier for coders to share updates via Github.
recently we've switched to a new changelog system, so for the past few months we've actually been updating the changelog rather consistently!
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted