the definition of hypocricy

Post by EmGee » #101273

Hypocrisy

Line breaks: hyp|oc¦risy
Pronunciation: /hɪˈpɒkrɪsi/
Definition of hypocrisy in English:
noun (plural hypocrisies)

[MASS NOUN]
1. The practice of claiming to have higher standards or more noble beliefs than is the case.

2.Image
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: the definition of hypocricy

Post by Saegrimr » #101285

This seemed more like irony than anything.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #101287

i don't see it
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #101289

The joke is that Hornygranny, the notoriously hard-to-reach slash inactive headmin, removed Tedward for inactivity, whilst he himself is often inactive.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #101290

How do you know that?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #101291

Because he's next to impossible to get ahold of, even for admins.
It's practically a meme at this point.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Scott
Github User

Post by Scott » #101292

Have you tried writing a letter?
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #101302

This is pretty lame. Tedward responded to the post in the staffing log with "The fuck. I have been active." so no warning was given apparently. Hornygranny hasn't even been 50% as active as tedward has.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #101304

For what it's worth Ted is actually still on the txt; I presume someone re-added him.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #101316

Maybe this should go into off topic
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #101323

What would it take to get HG removed? They clearly do not give a hot shit about headminning anything, and it will not be an issue next election. Maybe give his headmin slot to Kor once STP comes back? Kor has shown they are up to the task at least
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #101328

What Wyzack said. Kormin he.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #101345

Team Kor assemble!

But yeah, I see this as HG popping in to make a few decisions so he doesn't look so inactive, then disappearing again, And in an ironic twist of fate it backfired.
Either that or he never removed tedward and this is just a joke for the delicious irony.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #101360

Apparently, according to Kor, this was a decision made by all the headmins and some game masters. So it wasn't just HG going ahead and deciding to deadmin someone without any warning, it was the whole group of them.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #101478

Alright I actually have time sit down at a computer so I'm going to try my best to explain what happened, starting with a timeline and then answers to various questions I"ve gotten/expect. My IRC logs are split between my laptop/desktop and I'm not allowed to post them anyway so I'm going to operate more or less from memory.

June ~22nd?: Something reminds me Tedward exists (I don't remember what). I realize I have not seen him on pretty much since he got made a trial admin, and even then he only briefly spoke in OOC before logging out. I wonder if that's a pattern, and go log diving. Checking all the days he connected (not many since he got demoted), I find this: http://pastebin.com/nw8zx3ne. The sole adminhelp he'd answered for the month was "yeah unfortunately" to someone complaining megaphones don't work over intercomms.

The next few days: I try to find out what the terms of Tedward's "trial" are. Nobody ever gives me any answers/is able to tell me. I suspect at this point nobody actually set terms for it, when it would end, etc. Giving up on that, I finally bring up Tedward's connection logs/decide to just treat it like a trial vote. MSO, HBL, and Ikarrus all expressed support for de-admin (is that the right term when a trial ends in failure? I don't really like the word failure for that either, whatever). Sticky says he abstains because "he'd either be a shitty headmin or a shitty friend."

[During this interval Tedward connects 2 more days. On the 27th he actually answers several adminhelps. On the 30th he does the OOC log in/log out again.]

Last night: HG finally shows up and gives the third vote after everyone else is asleep. Being the only one with remote access that is awake, he (attempts) to remove Tedward from the text and then makes the "Removed for inactivity post." In classic /tg/station style this is of course devoid of explanation that this was a trial admin vote (I had to edit in that part), the particulars, etc. Tedward shows up in IRC shortly after, I go to bed while he's speaking to HG.

This morning, post "deadminning": HG managed to only remove Tedward from the basil text so he's still an admin. There is much embarrassment and backpedaling. Quartz attempts to murder our king. MSO decides he's going to have a normal (public) trial vote after all. Tedward admins several rounds and answers a million adminhelps.

ANSWERS

-Why didn't you have a normal public vote?

I believed a vote/feedback thread would be utterly meaningless given he'd not actually been online in the past month, there would be nothing for people to judge.

-Why didn't you warn him?

I thought him being on probation in the first place was the warning. Also given his sharp decline in connections that coincided with him being demoted/him apparently asking Sticky for admin back several times, led me to believe he was not busy or uninterested in adminning, but rather trying to game the punishment by idling a few times (just like HG!). I didn't have any interest in helping him do that. My own biases at play, I guess.

-Why didn't anyone else warn him?

Because adminbus is full of people who are some combination of socially awkward/conflict avoidant/bad at explaining things/friends with Tedward (and yes I list myself among these people). Same reason why nothing ever gets explained properly around here. We're a bunch of nerds.

-What happens now?

We're going to have a public trial admin review and then (another) vote, and this time it will probably be to extend his trial for a month because of the backlash/the fact that he's active post "deadmining"

-Why isn't XYZ admin deadminned for inactivity?

Those admins aren't on probation/on a trial. There is more leeway for people who have made full admin not being here every day.

I was operating under the assumption this was a trial not a normal deadminning (because nobody ever fucking told me what it was). In retrospect, Tedward probably had no idea what the terms were either, so his claim that he didn't know he had to be active isn't really that far fetched. He probably just assumed it was a timeout he had to wait through (though shouldn't the badmin rank have been used?).

-Is HG gonna still be headmin?

I have no idea. It'd be stupid to shoot the messenger over this though, even if he delivered the message poorly (though ironically and amusingly)

tl;dr he failed his "trial" which may not have been a trial and the entire thing was poorly communicated. Mistakes were made and hopefully a clear explanation of why will make some people happier, or at least more understanding of why the mistakes happened.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #101479

Also I'm leaving for two days for a short trip I'll see you guys monday/answer any further questions then.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #101539

Gonna go ahead and lock this, PM me if I'm in error but I'm pretty sure that settles the matter for the time being.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you