Using supermatter for mining

General SS13 Chat
DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Using supermatter for mining

Post by DeutscherMajor » #120772

So, this is a story about how i try to mine with supermatter. Disclaimer: I didnt know how supermatter and athmos worked before i started the test.

First thing, i got all the ressources i thought i would need. One Emitter, One o2 canister, one pacman and of course the supermatter shard. One o2 canister, btw, can be found within the asteroid outpost.

Next, i prepared a shaft for the supermatter. As you see, i thought i would need an emitter, so i set one up and connected it to the pacman. Interesting note, you can use floor tiles on the asteroid ground, if you then use a crowbar, it leaves behind plating, where you can lay power cables.

This was the position of the shard and the o2 tank.

Then, after unpacking the cristal shard, i prepared for opening the o2 tank. I stand inside a newly builded grille accessing the canister. The catastrophical result will be explained after the screenshot.

So what happened? I opened the tank, and got instantly pushed onto the emitter because space wind. At the same time, the supermatter shard got pushed into the lower right corner. Deeming this test run as a failure, i didnt make further screenshots, instead i opted out to go to athmos to get another o2 tank (Im also terrible at being admin, i bet theres a spawn feature somewhere). So i run, with hardsuit, to athmos, got the canister, and went back. When i reached the mining shuttle, i suddenly got messages that the cristal is getting critical ( i kid you not). When i reached the cristal, it was at 50%, and it looked like there was a plasma fire (burned plating, destroyed air canister) And it didnt stop. So i got into safe distance, and waited. Soon enough, the supermatter exploded, which prooves that even in vacuum, you can get that thing to explode.
What was the result of this failure/success, though?

Notice the chat. I survived at full health, but still got hallucinations.
Dont let the top right corner fool you. The blast extended pretty much one and a half screen, with only like 10% of tiles surviving in that radius. And the edges were full of ore.

One test of course isnt enough to see if this method is more usefull than a toxins maxcap, and the setup can obviously be optimized (like using an actual air stopping tile, instead of a damn grille), but i hope i gave you an idea for your next mining game ;)
Last edited by DeutscherMajor on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Re: Using supermatter for mining

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #120775

Pretty clever.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #120856

only problem i see is that 1) if cargo is manned you're probably not gonna get em to part with 100 points easily and 2) if the shard says that over the radio you stand a damn good chance at a lynching even if you try to explain its on the asteroid. other than that i might try it if i can ever figure out how to gitgud at mining
DeutscherMajor
Byond Username: DeutscherMajor

Post by DeutscherMajor » #121006

Deitus wrote:only problem i see is that 1) if cargo is manned you're probably not gonna get em to part with 100 points easily and 2) if the shard says that over the radio you stand a damn good chance at a lynching even if you try to explain its on the asteroid. other than that i might try it if i can ever figure out how to gitgud at mining
Yeah you are right. I tested it today with the help of a friendly engineer, and no matter how many times I said it over comms, Everybody panicked, even the AI, searching for it anywhere on the station.
What i did notice, Using a 2x1 room, 1 tile shard, 1 tile o2 canister, accessing the canister before building a window on your tile, and then opening it, you can lower the time to explode to two minutes.
The hallucinations blast has a pretty impressive range, though.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #121199

if you hide in a locker you won't hallucinate
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #121301

This is how you ss13
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #121420

also for future testing as an admin you can put the following in the command/chat bar:

Code: Select all

spawn "canister
then it'll bring up a list of the cansiters, o2 is one of them, then tad da! You don't have to walk.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #122160

i wonder if you could grab a grav cannon and fling the supermatter into the asteroid walls

it would probably destroy the ore but you could use it to clear the empty rock.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #122403

tuypo1 wrote:i wonder if you could grab a grav cannon and fling the supermatter into the asteroid walls

it would probably destroy the ore but you could use it to clear the empty rock.
Pretty sure you can't do this - there was a mech murderboning with grav cannon + shard a while back, and they said that flinging the shard into people didn't work, only flinging people into the shard. I'd assume the same situation with asteroid rock.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #122407

What if you put a shard on top of a dark matter nade?
Would the LDM suck everyone into the shard?
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #122835

lumipharon wrote:What if you put a shard on top of a dark matter nade?
Would the LDM suck everyone into the shard?
Most likely yes. New traitor cargo tech meta will be get some LDM, a radiation suit and supermatter.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy