Scaling issue on my laptop

General SS13 Chat
c1yd3i
Byond Username: C1yd3i

Scaling issue on my laptop

Post by c1yd3i » #121898

I'm running into a graphical issue with the game's scaling on my laptop.

Here's a screenshot running on Stretch to fit: http://i.imgur.com/FGCRuCI.png
Here's a screenshot on 64x64: http://i.imgur.com/GXeTrF9.png

It's hard to put my finger on it but the Stretch to fit screenshot just looks so bizarre. Stuff is distorted in an eerie way that makes it unable for me to play.

Are there any ways to fix the scaling so it looks more like it should in the 64x64 image without going off screen?
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Scaling issue on my laptop

Post by invisty » #121913

It's because the resizing uses a lame method, not actually smoothing out the rendered image but just displaying the X lines possible.

You need 832x832 pixels of space to display the game area in x2 size. Hide/auto-hide the task-bar, move the window header bar off the top of the screen and make more vertical space. Collapse the chat/verb panel a bit to give the necessary horizontal space.

If that doesn't work, buy a bigger monitor.
Mime: Depresso
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #121923

invisty wrote:It's because the resizing uses a lame method, not actually smoothing out the rendered image but just displaying the X lines possible.

You need 832x832 pixels of space to display the game area in x2 size. Hide/auto-hide the task-bar, move the window header bar off the top of the screen and make more vertical space. Collapse the chat/verb panel a bit to give the necessary horizontal space.

>he's on a laptop
>"buy a bigger monitor"

rip
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #121938

PKPenguin321 wrote:
invisty wrote:It's because the resizing uses a lame method, not actually smoothing out the rendered image but just displaying the X lines possible.

>he's on a laptop
>"buy a bigger monitor"

rip
to be fair I only have a laptop but I've literally never used the actual screen it has, I've always had the HDMI plugged into my TV
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #121940

if you're in the 1440x900 zone like I am I can sympathize pretty bad, as that's just not quite enough vertical clearance to run x2 but x1 looks like ants. In theory you could always lower your screen resolution to 800x600 temporarily and play in x1, but the look isn't exactly fantastic.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!