Bottom post of the previous page:

We should debate silicone policy.

Or naming policy.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Re: Drama is at a dangerous low

Post by tuypo1 » #124596

DaemonBomb wrote:We should debate silicone policy.
sillicons should have near total discretion in deciding what falls under law 1 with regards to ignoring orders (the main one being allowing self harm but theres a few others)

i really only say this because i hate the idea that silicons should pretend they dont know somebody is up to no good so maybe a better policy would be giving the ai more discretion in who is harmfull.

And of course by that i mostly mean theres no good reason to enter the upload.

I cant think of anything drama inducing to say about names.
LiamLime
Byond Username: LiamLime

Post by LiamLime » #124616

The "Unban ERP" thread is dying down ;_; nooo
The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of the expanding bureaucracy.
asskek
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Asskek

Post by asskek » #124626

ihm *shniff* permahbanned *sft* *snort* *shniff*
absholute ideology
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #124669

tuypo1 wrote: I cant think of anything drama inducing to say about names.
You play as "Ra Dom Name", right? What the fuck kinda last name is "Name"? It breaks my emulsion, ban he for ruining my photographs.
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #124673

Ra(Space Egyptian mother, Ra reference to ancient Terran mythological figure), Dom(Short for Dominick, childhood nickname, refer to pg.1539 of snowflake biography) Name(Space Moonpeople father, surname is Romanized form of なめ TIL's note: 'Hiragana for "Name"')

clearly Ra Dom Name is a very legit name
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124681

DaemonBomb wrote:
tuypo1 wrote: I cant think of anything drama inducing to say about names.
You play as "Ra Dom Name", right? What the fuck kinda last name is "Name"? It breaks my emulsion, ban he for ruining my photographs.

i actualy only intended to use the name for one round i keep forgeting to to set it back.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #124683

Hi!
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124691

Aloraydrel wrote:Hi!
What do you think you are? Drama?
Pah,

You'll never be Oldman/Saeg tier.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #124701

I have all the drama you need right here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... -146898426

ARANCLANOS VS CHERIDAN! Two senior maintainers, with Cheridan being the Repo owner. Who KNOWS how this will go down!?

UPDATE: Aranclanos closed the PR, but Miauw re-opened and merged it anyway!
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #124704

peoplearestrange wrote:
Pah,

Leaving my name here so I can show my kids this far into the future
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #124705

peoplearestrange wrote:
Pah,

Feedback forum renamed to "Oldman's Soapbox" when?
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #124706

Gun Hog wrote:I have all the drama you need right here: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... -146898426

ARANCLANOS VS CHERIDAN! Two senior maintainers, with Cheridan being the Repo owner. Who KNOWS how this will go down!?

UPDATE: Aranclanos closed the PR, but Miauw re-opened and merged it anyway!
Well I guess that ends that drama for the moment.

Quick, someone come up with more drama.

Edit: oh god i was wrong this just gets better
Last edited by Xhagi on Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #124708

IT JUST GOT BETTER: ARANCLANOS JUST CREATED A REVERT-REVERT PR AND INSTANTLY MERGED IT HIMSELF. This is a gross violation of maintainer rules! How will Cheridan respond!?
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124714

"0 of 2 checks passed" "merged commit"

Oh ma-

Wait I just realised this thread has become a mini singlo now...
And I'm contributing to it...
SHIT!
No one tell oranges
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #124720

Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124722

Revert "Revert "Revert "Removes alien driveby"""
https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/12269
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #124723

What if we just revert Xenomorphs? :honk:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #124724

PR#12270
"Removes all Xeno due to copyright infringement"

: O
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #124726

By the way, in terms of player behaviour and content, we're now Goon with less features.

This is because every attempt to not be Goon that has been made over the years has been opposed with variations on the theme of "YOU'RE TRYING TO TURN US INTO BAY WAAAAAH", every single step away from being Bay and closer to Goon. Inexplicably (I'm being sarcastic here, I know why) those same people got a lot of their sorandom merges and means through, to the degree where nobody remembers that we're not really supposed to know exactly what a threat is and how to handle it at a glimpse, not even admins.

And while we're at it, what is the obsession with rounds cycling as fast as humanly possible? Where does it come from? Do people think that calling the emergency shuttle as soon as it becomes available somehow gets you more playtime? Because it doesn't. It does the complete opposite of that. And it stops later-game stuff from appearing. I've seen, throughout the last couple of weeks, enough combat mechs made in robotics to count on ONE HAND. And I am not using my thumb. We just played a 45 minute start-to-finish round, and there were people saying "Ugh, I hate long rounds". 45 MINUTES. Twice that is an actual round, let alone fucking "long". Are 75% of the players on our servers having collective and continual strokes?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #124766

AnonymousNow wrote:By the way, in terms of player behaviour and content, we're now Goon with less features.

This is because every attempt to not be Goon that has been made over the years has been opposed with variations on the theme of "YOU'RE TRYING TO TURN US INTO BAY WAAAAAH", every single step away from being Bay and closer to Goon. Inexplicably (I'm being sarcastic here, I know why) those same people got a lot of their sorandom merges and means through, to the degree where nobody remembers that we're not really supposed to know exactly what a threat is and how to handle it at a glimpse, not even admins.

And while we're at it, what is the obsession with rounds cycling as fast as humanly possible? Where does it come from? Do people think that calling the emergency shuttle as soon as it becomes available somehow gets you more playtime? Because it doesn't. It does the complete opposite of that. And it stops later-game stuff from appearing. I've seen, throughout the last couple of weeks, enough combat mechs made in robotics to count on ONE HAND. And I am not using my thumb. We just played a 45 minute start-to-finish round, and there were people saying "Ugh, I hate long rounds". 45 MINUTES. Twice that is an actual round, let alone fucking "long". Are 75% of the players on our servers having collective and continual strokes?
There are people saying the exact same thing about longer rounds. "Why would you want a longer round where nothing happens, etc". So there's some mixed messages floating around.

Wait a minute that's serious and legit discussion that doesn't belong here, oh shit.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #124777

But things DO happen in longer rounds. Admins need press one, two buttons if there's no antagonists.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #124784

Perhaps the question should be asked about why literal "gods" need to intervene to make a round interesting instead of the game being designed around lasting that long. Probably because it isn't designed around lasting that long.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #124791

Zilenan91 wrote:Perhaps the question should be asked about why literal "gods" need to intervene to make a round interesting instead of the game being designed around lasting that long. Probably because it isn't designed around lasting that long.
Except that several attempts have been made to change this (Tensioner, Mulligan, Datum-Antag) which have been put forward as fixes.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #124829

Did someone say drama?

Tell ya what, i bribed sticky not but 15 minutes ago to give me admin, this is now forced and put into effect:

Remember, i am the fucking drama master.
Spoiler:
The fucking socialism conspiracys end here! *gavel smack*

Preamble
Essentially, this removes all the room for ANYONE to be shitheads/corrupt bastards withen the politcal/adminstration side of tg. By basically installing some good ol' fasion fucking democracy.

ADMIN RESHUFFLEING [S.1A]
Elections [S.1B]*
All admins/moderators are removed from the txt
All Coders/Spriters/Mappers titles are compressed down to "Developer"
A election for 1 Head Developer is ran.
A election for 1 Head Admin is ran.
A election for 20 in-game adminstrators is ran.
A election for 15 in-game moderators is ran.
A election for 10 developers is ran.
A election for 25 fourm admins is ran.
A election for 20 fourm moderators is ran.
A election for 15 admin trainers is ran.*

*Admin Trainers are selected from the current pool of retired/veteran admins. If the quota of 15 is not met, they are selected from the pool of current adminsistrators.

*No rank may run for more than 2 consecutive terms. However many terms you served, is the length that you cannot serve. (IE: I serve 2 3 month terms, i must wait 6 months [2 terms] to run for elections again])

*Hosts are cycled every 9 months, if there is no one willing to be the host, the host will remain at his rank. If the host is stripped of his rank, The head admin becomes host. All head admins must be willing to become the host at any period in time

*Elections will be created on a strawpoll, by the host, each election has 7 days to run, The winner is elected at the end of the 7 days, if its a tie, a revote lasting 2 days is created. The winner of that gets the positon.

ADMIN COMPLAINTS [S.2A]
Once a complaint is made, the affiliated admin is deadmin'd untill the complaint is resolved.
The adminstration team must remain completely unbiasd when dealing with the complaint, attempting to gather as much information as possible from the complainer.
The adminstration team will then make a decision, boiling it down to a 2 option decission. (Generally accepting or denying the appeal, other actions may be taken)
Once the decission is made, it will be sent to the player council. 2/3rds of the council must approve the complaint decission for it to pass.
If the complaint is deemed reasonable, and is a logical complaint, in favor of the complainer. The affiliated admin is deadminned, and may not serve the rest of their term, or the following term after that.
If the complaint is deemed unreasonable, the affected admin is promoted back to their original rank, and verbally compensated. the complainer is sent a message explaining why this is a case, and given several solutions on what could be done to improve the situation.

BAN APPEALS [S.3A]
The banned player creates a appeal.
The adminstrative team determines if it is a valid appeal, gathering as much information in the fourm post as possible (Yes or No determination)
The descsion from the admin team is sent to the council, a 2/3rds vote from the council is needed to confirm the decission.
If the decission is reached, in favor of the banned player, the player is unbanned, and compensated with a cool, non protective hat for one round. And the admin who banned him recieves a period of deadmin ship equal to the time that the player served in a banned status.
If the decission is reached that the player was wrong, by both the council and adminstration team, the players ban time is doubled, if it is a perma ban, the player may only re-appeal 6 months from the last appeal

BAN REQUESTS [S.3-AA]
The requestee creates a request.
The adminstrative team determines the cause, and creates a verdict, gathering as much information as possible. The paperwork sent to the council should include the ban time, ban reason, and modifiers.
The verdict from the admin team is then sent to the council, the council votes if they should deny the appeal, or accept the appeal.
The council must have a 2/3rds vote on the final verdict.
If the vote passes, with 2/3rds of the council agreeing, the requested players are banned for the reason caused.
NOTE: The council may not modify the ban time, but may decline it, and send it back to the admin team with a requested ban time.

THE COUNCIL [S.4A]
In the case that a 2/3rds vote is not reached due to the council members not voting, the ones who did not vote will be removed from the council, and may not serve on the same term. Their slots are then filled by a immidate election for council members.
If the ejected council member spots are not filled withen 3-7 busniess days, the head adminstrator will be contacted to make a decission.
If the head adminstrator is unavalible, the appeal is automatically accepted in favor of the appealee.
Council members do not answer ahelps, and do not have admin powers, they only have a in-game rank title, and access to the asay verb, to be able to communicate in game with the adminstration team.
Corruption/Bribery [S.4B]
If a council member is suspected of corruption/bribery by a player/other council member/admin, they are stripped of the ability to vote, and they're ingame powers and rank.
The adminstrative team will investigate the afilliated council members/players
If it is deemd that the Council member recieved a offer to be bribed, but denied it, the player/admin/council member who sent the bribe will be banned in game for 2 weeks, and barred from politcal positions.
If it is deemd that the Council member recieved a bribe, and accepted it, both will be banned for 1 month, and barred from politcal decissions.
Corruption follows the same proceedures as the admin team, see: Section 5B
Blackmailing [2.4C]
Council members suspected of recieving blackmail, will temporaily be stripped of rank to preserve the tranquility of the political body that is /tg/station.
The adminstrative team will then investigate if the council member has been black mailed.
If the council member has been blackmailed, the player/admin/council member that blackmailed him will be banned from the server for 2 weeks, and barred from joinning politcal positions.
If the council member has not been blackmailed, the council member will regain his rank after what he has been blackmailed with is deemed to no longer be able to be used to blackmail him.

THE ADMINSTRATION TEAM [S.5A]
Corruption [S.5B]
Any sign of corruption determined by the council or players, will be investigated by the council.
If deemed corrupt, affiliated admins will be deadmin'd, and they're spots will remain empty until the end of the term. The affiliated admins may not serve the term after their deadminship.
The adminstration team must remain absolutely professional at all times, breaking this is terms for a period of power removal, varrying in time for the action preformed.
Button pushing / spamming events, (Determined by the council/players) is cause for power removal for a extended period of time (6 months+)
Abuse, is cause for permanent admin removal (Determined by other admins/council/players) This is run through a vote in the council, 2/3rds of the council must deem it abuse. If the verdict is deemed true, affected admin is stripped of his power, and barred from ever serving a term as a admin/council member.

Blackmailing [S.5C]
Follows the same proceedure as the council, see Section 2.4 C

EVENTS [S.5-AA]
All events that are created, must be ran through the council to be approved.
If your event is not approved, and you run it, you will recieve a 6 month event ban. Disallowing you from making events, even if they are approved.
Hosting another unapproved event results in a 2 week server ban, and being stripped of your rank, you may not run for the same position until 2 terms have passed (Including the one you are currently in)

CHAIN OF COMMAND[S.6A]
The Host The Host leads the adminstrative team, trains the adminstrative team, and insures they are kept to a high standard, he also trains newly elected head admins. He has a vote in the adminstrative team votes, he cannot overturn votes from the adminstrative team, he cannot discharge admins/mods without going through a process (This disincludes dire circumstances IE: The admin is destroying/DDOSing the server) He is responsible for managing elections, and insuring this entire system doesn't turn into one big clusterfuck.
TERM LENGTH: 9 MONTHS

The Head Admin The Head Admin is the second in command of the admin team, sharing most of the responsabilitys of the Host, that's why he will be trained by the host. This should generally be a polite, friendly, intelligent, and well-respected player. A player who is also capable of getting the job done
TERM LENGTH: 4 MONTHS

The Head Developer Responsible for keeping track of github updates, and updating the changelog, is also responsible for finding bugs and fixing them. He leads the dev team, and is mainly responsible for keeping them in track. This player should generally be experienced in NTSL, Spriting, and mapping. Also capable of handling exploits, ect ect.

The Council Leader This is one person elected by the council, they are equal to the council, but are generally the most active. They are responsible for communicating with the players and admin team, insuring all the information/vote decissions are communicated between every individual. He is also responsable for keeping and transfering all the appeals and paperwork between the admin team and council. All the rules that apply to the council, also apply to him.
TERM LENGTH: 30 DAYS

The Council A team of 30 well respected, polite, and politcal players. They will be responsible for anything that requires a vote. They are essentially the larger, more direct version for a voice for the players. They are also the final stop for appeals, ban requests, and admin complaints.

The Admins A team of 20 polite, professional, and effective people. They are responsible for handling a-helps, handling server threats, hosting events, and answering questions. They are encouraged to be welcome members of the community, constantly playing rounds with the community to build trust.
TERM LENGTH: 3 MONTHS

The Moderators A team of 15, polite, professional, and effective people. Generally insuring the rules are not constantly being broken, assisting adminstrators, and even being one when there is currently not one on the server.
TERM LENGTH: 2 MONTHS

The Developer
Creates Sprites, Maps, And codes. Responsible for bug fixing, exploting patching, and feature additions. Generally should be experienced in their own field.

The Fourm-Admins A team of 25 polite, professional, people, whom of which are experienced in phpBB, and are capable of being semi-active to regulate fourm posts. And also capable of watching over fourm-moderators. And generally capable of handling posts / determining / fourm banning trolls / troll posts

The Fourm-Moderators A team of 20 polite, professional, people, whom of which are semi-experienced in phpBB, and capable of moderating the fourms for atleast 50 hours a week. And generally capable of handling posts / determining / fourm banning trolls / troll posts

The Admin Trainers A team of 15 veteran, experienced, harden admins/moderators, who are willing to teach newly elected moderators/admins. They hold juristicion over Adminstrators, Moderators, Fourm Moderators, And Fourm Admins for 1/3rd of their terms. This learning period is men't to teach new admins how to properly handle things.*
* Previous Admins/Moderators/Fourm-Admins/Fourm-Moderators are excempt from this learning period unless a Head Admin or Host determines that the previously experienced need to be trained again.

[SECTION 21A]
Due to the restriction on the ammount of deveolpers. All current developers will serve this term, the next term, only 10 of them may be elected.

I believe i've covered everything, comment what i missed and i'l make a new one after a while.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Xhagi

Post by Xhagi » #124836

>bribing sticky for anything

Come on he couldn't even make ERP stick, let alone an overhaul of how the administration works. Git gud.
duncathan
Byond Username: Dunc
Github Username: duncathan

Post by duncathan » #124853

if that happened (as if) I can assure you that the separation meme would become reality
Players can and will create their own fun.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #124859

John_Oxford wrote:Did someone say drama?

Tell ya what, i bribed sticky not but 15 minutes ago to give me admin, this is now forced and put into effect:

Remember, i am the fucking drama master.
Spoiler:
The fucking socialism conspiracys end here! *gavel smack*

Preamble
Essentially, this removes all the room for ANYONE to be shitheads/corrupt bastards withen the politcal/adminstration side of tg. By basically installing some good ol' fasion fucking democracy.

ADMIN RESHUFFLEING [S.1A]
Elections [S.1B]*
All admins/moderators are removed from the txt
All Coders/Spriters/Mappers titles are compressed down to "Developer"
A election for 1 Head Developer is ran.
A election for 1 Head Admin is ran.
A election for 20 in-game adminstrators is ran.
A election for 15 in-game moderators is ran.
A election for 10 developers is ran.
A election for 25 fourm admins is ran.
A election for 20 fourm moderators is ran.
A election for 15 admin trainers is ran.*

*Admin Trainers are selected from the current pool of retired/veteran admins. If the quota of 15 is not met, they are selected from the pool of current adminsistrators.

*No rank may run for more than 2 consecutive terms. However many terms you served, is the length that you cannot serve. (IE: I serve 2 3 month terms, i must wait 6 months [2 terms] to run for elections again])

*Hosts are cycled every 9 months, if there is no one willing to be the host, the host will remain at his rank. If the host is stripped of his rank, The head admin becomes host. All head admins must be willing to become the host at any period in time

*Elections will be created on a strawpoll, by the host, each election has 7 days to run, The winner is elected at the end of the 7 days, if its a tie, a revote lasting 2 days is created. The winner of that gets the positon.

ADMIN COMPLAINTS [S.2A]
Once a complaint is made, the affiliated admin is deadmin'd untill the complaint is resolved.
The adminstration team must remain completely unbiasd when dealing with the complaint, attempting to gather as much information as possible from the complainer.
The adminstration team will then make a decision, boiling it down to a 2 option decission. (Generally accepting or denying the appeal, other actions may be taken)
Once the decission is made, it will be sent to the player council. 2/3rds of the council must approve the complaint decission for it to pass.
If the complaint is deemed reasonable, and is a logical complaint, in favor of the complainer. The affiliated admin is deadminned, and may not serve the rest of their term, or the following term after that.
If the complaint is deemed unreasonable, the affected admin is promoted back to their original rank, and verbally compensated. the complainer is sent a message explaining why this is a case, and given several solutions on what could be done to improve the situation.

BAN APPEALS [S.3A]
The banned player creates a appeal.
The adminstrative team determines if it is a valid appeal, gathering as much information in the fourm post as possible (Yes or No determination)
The descsion from the admin team is sent to the council, a 2/3rds vote from the council is needed to confirm the decission.
If the decission is reached, in favor of the banned player, the player is unbanned, and compensated with a cool, non protective hat for one round. And the admin who banned him recieves a period of deadmin ship equal to the time that the player served in a banned status.
If the decission is reached that the player was wrong, by both the council and adminstration team, the players ban time is doubled, if it is a perma ban, the player may only re-appeal 6 months from the last appeal

BAN REQUESTS [S.3-AA]
The requestee creates a request.
The adminstrative team determines the cause, and creates a verdict, gathering as much information as possible. The paperwork sent to the council should include the ban time, ban reason, and modifiers.
The verdict from the admin team is then sent to the council, the council votes if they should deny the appeal, or accept the appeal.
The council must have a 2/3rds vote on the final verdict.
If the vote passes, with 2/3rds of the council agreeing, the requested players are banned for the reason caused.
NOTE: The council may not modify the ban time, but may decline it, and send it back to the admin team with a requested ban time.

THE COUNCIL [S.4A]
In the case that a 2/3rds vote is not reached due to the council members not voting, the ones who did not vote will be removed from the council, and may not serve on the same term. Their slots are then filled by a immidate election for council members.
If the ejected council member spots are not filled withen 3-7 busniess days, the head adminstrator will be contacted to make a decission.
If the head adminstrator is unavalible, the appeal is automatically accepted in favor of the appealee.
Council members do not answer ahelps, and do not have admin powers, they only have a in-game rank title, and access to the asay verb, to be able to communicate in game with the adminstration team.
Corruption/Bribery [S.4B]
If a council member is suspected of corruption/bribery by a player/other council member/admin, they are stripped of the ability to vote, and they're ingame powers and rank.
The adminstrative team will investigate the afilliated council members/players
If it is deemd that the Council member recieved a offer to be bribed, but denied it, the player/admin/council member who sent the bribe will be banned in game for 2 weeks, and barred from politcal positions.
If it is deemd that the Council member recieved a bribe, and accepted it, both will be banned for 1 month, and barred from politcal decissions.
Corruption follows the same proceedures as the admin team, see: Section 5B
Blackmailing [2.4C]
Council members suspected of recieving blackmail, will temporaily be stripped of rank to preserve the tranquility of the political body that is /tg/station.
The adminstrative team will then investigate if the council member has been black mailed.
If the council member has been blackmailed, the player/admin/council member that blackmailed him will be banned from the server for 2 weeks, and barred from joinning politcal positions.
If the council member has not been blackmailed, the council member will regain his rank after what he has been blackmailed with is deemed to no longer be able to be used to blackmail him.

THE ADMINSTRATION TEAM [S.5A]
Corruption [S.5B]
Any sign of corruption determined by the council or players, will be investigated by the council.
If deemed corrupt, affiliated admins will be deadmin'd, and they're spots will remain empty until the end of the term. The affiliated admins may not serve the term after their deadminship.
The adminstration team must remain absolutely professional at all times, breaking this is terms for a period of power removal, varrying in time for the action preformed.
Button pushing / spamming events, (Determined by the council/players) is cause for power removal for a extended period of time (6 months+)
Abuse, is cause for permanent admin removal (Determined by other admins/council/players) This is run through a vote in the council, 2/3rds of the council must deem it abuse. If the verdict is deemed true, affected admin is stripped of his power, and barred from ever serving a term as a admin/council member.

Blackmailing [S.5C]
Follows the same proceedure as the council, see Section 2.4 C

EVENTS [S.5-AA]
All events that are created, must be ran through the council to be approved.
If your event is not approved, and you run it, you will recieve a 6 month event ban. Disallowing you from making events, even if they are approved.
Hosting another unapproved event results in a 2 week server ban, and being stripped of your rank, you may not run for the same position until 2 terms have passed (Including the one you are currently in)

CHAIN OF COMMAND[S.6A]
The Host The Host leads the adminstrative team, trains the adminstrative team, and insures they are kept to a high standard, he also trains newly elected head admins. He has a vote in the adminstrative team votes, he cannot overturn votes from the adminstrative team, he cannot discharge admins/mods without going through a process (This disincludes dire circumstances IE: The admin is destroying/DDOSing the server) He is responsible for managing elections, and insuring this entire system doesn't turn into one big clusterfuck.
TERM LENGTH: 9 MONTHS

The Head Admin The Head Admin is the second in command of the admin team, sharing most of the responsabilitys of the Host, that's why he will be trained by the host. This should generally be a polite, friendly, intelligent, and well-respected player. A player who is also capable of getting the job done
TERM LENGTH: 4 MONTHS

The Head Developer Responsible for keeping track of github updates, and updating the changelog, is also responsible for finding bugs and fixing them. He leads the dev team, and is mainly responsible for keeping them in track. This player should generally be experienced in NTSL, Spriting, and mapping. Also capable of handling exploits, ect ect.

The Council Leader This is one person elected by the council, they are equal to the council, but are generally the most active. They are responsible for communicating with the players and admin team, insuring all the information/vote decissions are communicated between every individual. He is also responsable for keeping and transfering all the appeals and paperwork between the admin team and council. All the rules that apply to the council, also apply to him.

The Council A team of 30 well respected, polite, and politcal players. They will be responsible for anything that requires a vote. They are essentially the larger, more direct version for a voice for the players. They are also the final stop for appeals, ban requests, and admin complaints.

The Admins A team of 20 polite, professional, and effective people. They are responsible for handling a-helps, handling server threats, hosting events, and answering questions. They are encouraged to be welcome members of the community, constantly playing rounds with the community to build trust.

The Moderators A team of 15, polite, professional, and effective people. Generally insuring the rules are not constantly being broken, assisting adminstrators, and even being one when there is currently not one on the server.

The Developer
Creates Sprites, Maps, And codes. Responsible for bug fixing, exploting patching, and feature additions. Generally should be experienced in their own field.

The Fourm-Admins A team of 25 polite, professional, people, whom of which are experienced in phpBB, and are capable of being semi-active to regulate fourm posts. And also capable of watching over fourm-moderators. And generally capable of handling posts / determining / fourm banning trolls / troll posts

The Fourm-Moderators A team of 20 polite, professional, people, whom of which are semi-experienced in phpBB, and capable of moderating the fourms for atleast 50 hours a week. And generally capable of handling posts / determining / fourm banning trolls / troll posts

The Admin Trainers A team of 15 veteran, experienced, harden admins/moderators, who are willing to teach newly elected moderators/admins. They hold juristicion over Adminstrators, Moderators, Fourm Moderators, And Fourm Admins for 1/3rd of their terms. This learning period is men't to teach new admins how to properly handle things.*
* Previous Admins/Moderators/Fourm-Admins/Fourm-Moderators are excempt from this learning period unless a Head Admin or Host determines that the previously experienced need to be trained again.

[SECTION 21A]
Due to the restriction on the ammount of deveolpers. All current developers will serve this term, the next term, only 10 of them may be elected.

I believe i've covered everything, comment what i missed and i'l make a new one after a while.
what the fuck
if there was ever a post that could be replied to with "too long didn't read," this is that post
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #124861

PKPenguin321 wrote:if there was ever a post that could be replied to with "too long didn't read," this is that post
Its a John_Oxford post that starts with a "preamble" and section tags.

fuck
that
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #124863

B U R E A U C R A C Y M E M E S
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #124874

That's a lot of text. I'll hide from it behind my tactical chair.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #124882

Aliannera wrote:>bribing sticky for anything

Come on he couldn't even make ERP stick, let alone an overhaul of how the administration works. Git gud.
Easiest money I ever made
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124908

wasent it decided accepting bribes was an instant deadmining after it got erp unbaned.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #124913

Unfortunately yes. We've had to be a bit more covert about it since.

Hey how about "Singulo's Next Top Admin"

A series of ridiculous challenges for the chance at getting trialmin and breaking into the industry. We could probably set up a modelling contract with chocobros upcoming tgstation magazine
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #124915

i would watch it
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #124921

captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #124922

AnonymousNow wrote:By the way, in terms of player behaviour and content, we're now Goon with less features.

this but the opposite
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #124923

I'm personally happy we're moving away from hour plus rounds to around 45 ish minute rounds.

Of course we have no fracking idea what direction to take this game.

We still need a proper discusion, problem is when we want more of X then suddenly people cry how that's a bad thing.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #124933

Funny because goon rounds last over an hour now and people RP.

It's like tg switched with goon.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #124941

DrPillzRedux wrote:Funny because goon rounds last over an hour now and people RP.

It's like tg switched with goon.
I will have to confirm this. It's been a while since I played on Goon, but if I find that this is the case, I may be gone some time.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124944

it's almost like communities are dynamic entities that slowly change over time
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #124964

I've been waiting a bit to drop this drama bomb:

I've rigged all the player elections. Lollerderby is actually me. Stickymayhem is my cousin and he's actually also MSO and he's actually a girl from Newark.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #124994

QuartzCrystal wrote:I've been waiting a bit to drop this drama bomb:

I've rigged all the player elections. Lollerderby is actually me. Stickymayhem is my cousin and he's actually also MSO and he's actually a girl from Newark.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #124998

QuartzCrystal wrote:Stickymayhem is my cousin and he's actually also MSO and he's actually a girl from Newark.
I *KNEW* Spier-Swenson was a made up surname!
(I'm so sorry)
私は完璧
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #125003

1) Create alt account
2) Play consistently for a month or two
3) Apply to trialmin
4) Become admin
5) Grandstand politicking to become headmin again
6) Pull off rubber mask, reveal true self, plunge server into chaos once more
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #125017

I think You'd be welcomed back just because of the depth of the deception.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #125022

Nah, all trialmins go through background checks nowadays due to an incident. Fuck an0n3 too but yea.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #125023

NikNakFlak wrote:an incident
oh my
Spoiler:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #125045

NikNakFlak wrote:Nah, all trialmins go through background checks nowadays due to an incident. Fuck an0n3 too but yea.
Yeah I'm sure it's really comprehensive and there's no way someone could just fake a bunch of shit or get someone on the inside to pass them through it

Yeah but fuck me too
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #125047

>background checks

ayy lmao, is this JMadison speaking?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #125050

>Oranges put his christmas hat on at halloween

Oranges confirmed for walmart, REEEEEEEEEE
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster