General SS13 Chat
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

THE FEAR

Post by PKPenguin321 » #86892

Bottom post of the previous page:

Once upon a late night sybil round, a roboticist was a traitor and needed to escape alone. He decided to make a borg army that killed most of the station. We were out of options; only one man could save us, and that man... That man is a chemist.
Wielding his trusty crowbar, THE FEAR runs fearlessly into battle!
rip THE FEAR
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
RocKeD
Byond Username: Rocked

Re: Screenshots General

Post by RocKeD » #88269

KingLouisXIV wrote:I logged in to observe during a particularly bloody Revolution.

Apparently, the bridge turned into an all-out deathmatch, and it shows. It's not especially interesting or unique, but I marvel at the quintessential aspect of the image which seems to perfectly describe the chaos in SS13.
Spoiler:
This image is pretty amazing, I even printed it out as a picture. Whenever someone asks me what SS13 is I hand this to them:
http://imgur.com/CiXOxu2
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #88315

MURDERBONE
LNGLY
Byond Username: LNGLY

Post by LNGLY » #88389

cigarette butt ops
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #88892

We made a LOT of slimes. I think there were around 500 or so, with multiples per tile. I want to try and abuse this for traitoring sometime. If only the slime following commands actually worked.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #88902

The commands do work though, or atleast when I tried.
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #89710

I'm not sure if you can tell but all of the vines are hardened, explosive ones, even the regular colored ones. More people need to grow kudzu.
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #89803

I'm not sure what was going on this round, but it was happening to everyone.
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #89804

Cuboos wrote:Image

I'm not sure what was going on this round, but it was happening to everyone.
Debug verbs --> SQDL2 query --> CALL SpinAnimation() ON /mob/living/carbon/human

HG used to do it a lot, I used to do it a lot, it's about the only use for SQDL2 queries on the server at the moment.
私は完璧
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #89805

Does that only work for /human, or does it apply to any /mob? How about /obj? Can I spin a turf

Hypothetically if I wanted to make the floor spin, could that happen?
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #89807

TheNightingale wrote:Does that only work for /human, or does it apply to any /mob? How about /obj? Can I spin a turf

Hypothetically if I wanted to make the floor spin, could that happen?
SpinAnimation() is defined (AT LEAST) as high as /atom/movable on the object tree, since it applies to both /mob and /obj (/obj because bullet casings use SpinAnimation() when they fall)
Turfs are /atom, as they cannot be moved (the shuttle doesn't move, it just does a lot of replacing of turfs)
If SpinAnimation() is defined at /atom, then you could "Spin" a turf, and given most of our "make this work on everything" procs are defined at /atom instead of /atom/movable, I'd say yes.
私は完璧
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #89877

Just don't try spinning all the floor tiles at once.

Not that I did. <_< >_>
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #89881

Vekter wrote:Just don't try spinning all the floor tiles at once.

Not that I did. <_< >_>
It's really trippy. We should look into adding spinning objects to hallucinations.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #90045

I don't think you can spin only for one person.
I THINK you could set client.dir though, which is equally confusing.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #90065

Miauw wrote:I don't think you can spin only for one person.
I THINK you could set client.dir though, which is equally confusing.

Code: Select all

var/image/Haluspin = image(someAtom)
Haluspin.override = 1
Haluspin.SpinAnimation() //oh god do images work with spin?
dumbplayer.client.images += Haluspin
spawn(20)
    dumbplayer.client.images -= Haluspin
    qdel(Haluspin)
rough job, but there you go, if spin works on images.
私は完璧
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #90066

i dont do much with images ever so V:
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
Killbasa
Byond Username: Killbasa

Post by Killbasa » #90097

I play Trevor Glomps/Tire Justice.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #90114

Ah, yes, the joys of Machine Override.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #90209

i wonder if its possible to animate rods and fuel tanks so that they attack eachother.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90235

If one wizard animates a fuel tank and another animates a welder, I think they'll attack each other.
OTOH: protip, animate welderfuel tanks, because sec always deals with animatespam with lasers
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #90244

Well it won't do anything interesting.
When Machine Override or Animate takes over anything it deletes it and replaces it with a /mimic mob that has the same name and icon as the "animated" object.
私は完璧
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #90246

yeah, but will welder fuel or metal rods win? :^]
Tokiko2

Post by Tokiko2 » #90516

Anti boredom device returning and people drawing pictures on canvas. Is there an ingame way to obtain a canvas instead of having to spawn it as admin?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #90696

I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #90891

That's a deliberate attack/camp combo on the arrivals shuttle, which is generally considered a faux pas on the level of "Don't bitchfit if an admin deletes your core"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91081

the round in question was wizard-mulligan and the crew was so incompetent they couldnt even fight off the blob with an arsenal of xray guns
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91287

This ruins my emulsions.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91393

And i get a bwoink for saying brb killing self on the radio
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #91401

Hibbles wrote:snip

None stronger.
You would have liked the old Malf-AI satellite. It was a notorious gauntlet of death and misery which claimed many men, often populated with well over 50 bolted and shocked airlocks.
Mime: Depresso
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #91506

You want me to play as what...?
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91521

I think it has something to do with kitties.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #91707

Behold, the single oldest SS13 screenshot I have ever personally taken.

Observe...

- The old RIG suits, which weren't even seperate from the engineering suits IIRC
- The old wraparound UI, which cuts off a portion of the screen
- The old single-pane windows as standard (which I severely miss)
- Unupdated alien queen and GYGAX sprites
- Old ore crate designs
- And the single most SS13 thing - that this is a genuinely cordial, if slightly stiff, meeting between at least three factions, one of which is being translated via PAI

We're getting up to, at the very least, 4 1/2 years on this thing.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #91708

You can tell it's old because they're not validkilling each other.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #91712

Fuck what are those Eye cake things called, I remember them but not the name...
私は完璧
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #91715

Aminata jelly i think. You can still make it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91717

Amanita jellies, yes. Guide to Food and Drink lists them as 1 Bowl + 5 units water + 5 units vodka + 3 Amanitas.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91797

The old UI didn't cut off part of the screen (unless you count your equipment slots overlaying the bottom left corner). Rather the screen was 16x16 tiles big back then, with the rightmost column and bottommost row reserved for UI. Now with the semitransparent overlay the screen is only 15x15 tiles big, or a 7 tile radius from your character to all sides.
Spoiler:
Kot
Byond Username: KotMroku

Post by Kot » #91842

Ricotez wrote:The old UI didn't cut off part of the screen (unless you count your equipment slots overlaying the bottom left corner). Rather the screen was 16x16 tiles big back then, with the rightmost column and bottommost row reserved for UI. Now with the semitransparent overlay the screen is only 15x15 tiles big, or a 7 tile radius from your character to all sides.
We need this back.
An0n3 wrote:ARGH LETS YIFF MATEY
Shores Of Hazeron
1999-2014
;_;7
Cuboos
Byond Username: Cuboos

Post by Cuboos » #91849

AnonymousNow wrote:Behold, the single oldest SS13 screenshot I have ever personally taken.

Observe...

- The old RIG suits, which weren't even seperate from the engineering suits IIRC
- The old wraparound UI, which cuts off a portion of the screen
- The old single-pane windows as standard (which I severely miss)
- Unupdated alien queen and GYGAX sprites
- Old ore crate designs
- And the single most SS13 thing - that this is a genuinely cordial, if slightly stiff, meeting between at least three factions, one of which is being translated via PAI

We're getting up to, at the very least, 4 1/2 years on this thing.
This makes me feel old...
/TG/ First and Only Sound guy
The only Dev unanimously loved least hated.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #91874

I prefer the current UI, it feels more streamlined and you only see the parts you actually need at times
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #91984

idk if this has been posted already but
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #91986

There are alot of things in life we experience. Highs and lows, beauty and tragedy... But this? This is too much. That can only be punished to the full extent of the law for crimes against HUmanity.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #91987

This is a crime against any sentient species out there, in fact.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Miauw

Post by Miauw » #92013

Kot wrote:
Ricotez wrote:The old UI didn't cut off part of the screen (unless you count your equipment slots overlaying the bottom left corner). Rather the screen was 16x16 tiles big back then, with the rightmost column and bottommost row reserved for UI. Now with the semitransparent overlay the screen is only 15x15 tiles big, or a 7 tile radius from your character to all sides.
We need this back.
i have a 1080p screen and using 64x64 tiles, the 15x15 screen is slightly larger than my total screen space.
so no, this is not going to happen because it would force people to use teeny tiny 32x32 or ugly-ass stretch to fit
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #92014

Also it looks like ass, i cannot believe anyone would want it back
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #92018

back then people made a fuss over it for one or two weeks but in the end I think most people agreed that it was better than the old UI
Spoiler:
mosquitoman
Byond Username: MosquitoMan

Post by mosquitoman » #92023

another great example of outstanding engineering

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92024

I almost choked on my own spit here.

LYNCH HE! LYYYYYNCHHHHHHH!

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #92025

Literally
Worse
Than
Space
Lizard
Hitler
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #92026

Don't compare that shit to Lizard Hitler, he's a cool guy.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #92027

more bad wiring since that's the new meme
Spoiler: