General SS13 Chat
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Lifeweb got taken down

Post by PKPenguin321 » #139053

Bottom post of the previous page:

invisty wrote:Eh it's not a problem unless you live in 'murca.
>Christmas Presents aren't problematic as long as it's not in america
you're fucked in the head if you really think that
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #139058

you're fucked in the head if the first thing you thought he was implying was that cheeze pizza was okay outside of america.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #139063

i dunno man, i mean it's invisty we're talking about :^)
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
mattroks101
Byond Username: Mattroks101

Post by mattroks101 » #139064

oranges wrote:guys their hoster is the one who disabled the forum, not the FBI

as far as I'm aware the FBI isn't involved at all.
This. Randy Sandy is probably just doing some backend stuff. Either that or he finally believes that "Interzone was a mistake" either way, nothing of value was lost. Game is great, forums were the scourge of the earth.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #139081

Needs some theme music tbh
Spoiler:
[youtube]bUFWXpYJKaI[/youtube]
or would this be more appropriate?
Spoiler:
[youtube]hdss-U0H7fA[/youtube]
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #139095

An0n3 wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:Huh. I remember Anon joining the forums and fitting in quite well. Guess that was just someone else using his name.
None of those 12(?) me's were me. Either one person had a lot of fucking time on their hands or a bunch of people were havin' a giggle.
it was miggles

my fucking god after 10 months and people are still pissy about "hurr muh pedophilia!!!" when these stupid cucks don't realise that rapists get the pisspit beheaded or worse, unable to wraith
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #139096

like why did we even let mandurrh exist in the first place
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #139170

Kraso please stay on lifeweb thanks
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #139221

madness :c4:
Last edited by Atticat on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #139227

oranges wrote:Kraso please stay on lifeweb thanks
shitposting is my lifeblood
Atticat

Post by Atticat » #139432

and the question remains...party this weekend? stay tuned for updates :happy:

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #139541

Atticat wrote:and the question remains...party this weekend? stay tuned for updates :happy:

gibe ip

no seriously I've been interested in Lifeweb for a while but heard the community was cancer, so it's possible the loss of the forums has purged some of the trash
"What the FUCK is Carbon Dioxide?" guy
I write a web serial about aliens: https://pseudofunk.wordpress.com
Atticat

Post by Atticat » #139559

the community is mostly great tbh

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #139562

Atticat wrote:the community is mostly great tbh

What. Dude no the community is the single worst piece of trash I've ever seen. Fucking /b/ is better than Lifeweb
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Atticat

Post by Atticat » #139595

Patreon just went down. RIP Randy.

Tzchernobog come!!!

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139596

His code is out too. rip
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #139604

ShadowDimentio wrote:Get the code, cannibalize it for good features, and let the game die.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139608

If the code is leaked I'll consider hosting it 24/7 if no one else does, with kiddy diddling gone of course.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #139609

DrPillzRedux wrote:If the code is leaked I'll consider hosting it 24/7 if no one else does, with kiddy diddling gone of course.
If you want that you'll either have to remove children, sexual intercourse mechanics or both.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #139614

Or just not give any options to choose from on the menu when it's on a kid.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #139615

DrPillzRedux wrote:Or just not give any options to choose from on the menu when it's on a kid.
Eh that's a artificial constriction which I dislike. If you can have sex with a corpse why can't you for anyone else?

Here's a more complex solution, remove children.

Or, considering this is a sci-fi setting, make it that any attempt to have your way with a child results in a robotic sentinel decloaking near the offender, before firing a laser that vaporizes the offender, and then it cloaks. The sentinel would be invulnerable to any form of attack and can be considered one of the handful of remnant advance technology left on the planet, a aged enforcement robot if you will.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #139624

Children are fine. No need to remove them. Just remove the ability to have sex with them, and the pedophile vice.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #139631

Well, that might still allow /me-ing one's way, as per standard ERP, no?

Anyway, this is all standing on a big if.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Atticat

Post by Atticat » #139638

enoch lives
Last edited by Atticat on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #139640

We dont even know if its dead yet. Just that the forums and patreon are gone. Its the weekend, so try joining the server tomorrow or something.

Also the code isnt out. Its just people trolling. Randy is the only person with the code, and he was very adamant about never releasing it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #139666

zilenan stop making so many threads
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #139667

With all the discussion this has sparked it wouldnt surprise me if Randy did this intentionally to make Lifeweb relevant again.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139686

NikNakFlak wrote:zilenan stop making so many threads
>thread got made a week ago
>stop making threads

ok
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Kraso

Post by Kraso » #139688

Patreon is not down, only being considered by the team.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #139696

Meh, lifeweb was getting stale anyway.
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #139705

I just wish there was an SS13 server where the mechanics didn't require admins to intervene. I'd love to try LF or a SS13 version like it if it didn't have all the creepy ERP shit.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139722

Honestly, Lifeweb without ERP or sex mechanics would be a really shit game. The act of sex in that game adds a shitload of misery, darkness, and fluff to it that would be sorely lacking without it.

Same with married sex, and to explain why, it's time for a bit of story time about a round that was greatly improved by it. Gonna spoiler this since it's long af.
Several parts are edited out or changed because if I included them this story would take me like 9 fucking hours to write. Obviously
NSFW:
Spoiler:
I was a migrant woman, a mercenary, finally making my journey to this place called Ravenheart where I'd heard my husband had been staying for the years we'd been apart. I am in a cave system, and after killing a few skeletons, find a village, with a bridge leading to a fortress of some kind. It couldn't be that easy, and it wasn't. Before I knew it I was pushed off of the cliff, crippling my legs from pain. My screaming attracts the attention of the people I'd been traveling with, and they come down to help, bandaging up my wounds, and letting me rest in a chair in a hovel down the pit. Once again, it couldn't be that easy. I'm awoken by the sounds of screaming and chants of, "ALLAHU AKBAR!" as armor-clad men with strange guns advanced on us in the building. Fear overtook me as I was unable to help with my useless legs being the way they were, but my group-mates did not need me. They began tossing a constant stream of small rocks out of the door and window, most pinging uselessly off of the armored mens armor, but some finding their mark and hitting flesh. We soon ran out of rocks, and the spears came out, with us at the ready at the door, taking stabs at any of the armored men who attempted to come through the door. They fired their guns.
Their guns didn't seem to hurt, however, instead when they hit us just made us unable to use that part of our bodies for a short time, before wearing off. No matter how many they shot into us, however, they weren't able to get inside and deal with all of us at once. Then the Cerberus came. Like a tide they leapt off of the bridge above, swords drawn, ready to kill our assailants. Taken by surprise, the armored men quickly fell to our numbers, their decapitated bodies screaming at us to bury them, for whatever reason, as the cerberi shoved them into a nearby regurgitator. And so we rejoiced. Or at least, everyone else did, I wasn't doing so good. Weakened by pain, I could do nothing but crawl, pleading for help from any of them. They did not listen, and one-by-one, they climbed up the pit, and I was alone. A sense of dread washed over me as I stumbled to my feet, my hands uselessly clambering at the wall, until I managed to find a grip and haul my useless body on top of it, before falling unconscious, the voices of men nearby going unheard. I distinctly remember being dragged while I was unconscious.
When I awoke, it was in a strange place, on top of a medical bed somewhere. My husband was there. As my eyes fluttered open, and saw him, it seemed as if the whole world slowed down for a second, and all sound stopped, he was here, and everything was okay. He took a bottle of painkillers off of the nearby desk, and gave them to me, I accepted graciously, and slept once more in hopes of healing off my injuries. I awoke some time later, my clothes put on me while I was asleep, and my husband talking to a cerberi fixing a woman on another bed across the room. "Uggh, what happened?" I ask.
My husband is instantly at my side, asking if I'm alright. I respond that I am, and he helps me to my feet, I ask if we can go to his home so that I may rest in a place that's more comfortable, and he leads me there. On our way we pass through a plaza of sorts, with some strange statue in the middle of it, blood coating the streets in splatters, the sound of screaming and fraying vocal cords from some poor fool put upon the cross. Hanging above the statue, a sign said "Ravenheart." I was there. He takes me through an airlock of a great church, and together we walk through rows and rows of seats, before finding our way to a door that leads up a set of stairs. Once up them, I see his room. The first thing that greets me is an ominous face on the wall, eyes glowing red with a mouth so obscured by darkness I doubt I'd be able to see anything inside of it even if I did have a light. His desk is stacked with tomes of all kinds, as well as there being a bookcase near the window that had a few tomes missing, but was otherwise full. He leads me over to the bed in the corner, and sets me down. My eyes fall upon him, and his upon me. It is almost in a frenzy that we rip off eachothers clothes, long-repressed needs finally coming to pass as we go at it like animals seemingly for hours.
Finally spent, we disentangle from each other, our chests heaving, holding each other and staring into each others eyes. It is like this that we fall asleep. I am awoken a few hours later by him gathering his things, and I ask him where he's going. He says he needs to do his duties as the Bishop, and promptly leaves the room. Shrugging, I fall back to sleep. Several more hours later again, I wake up, and deciding that it's about time that I went out and did things, gathered my things, and went out the door. I immediately make my way to the Incarn's in order to get a set of documents so that I can pass, from him, my father. It seems like I'm allowed in in record time, because of a completely legitimate and unbiased source, I have my chance for a new life. A smile on my face, I walk around town, stopping at the Tavern for a drink and bread before taking my leave and continuing my stroll. I hear over the radio that there's been a shooting at the church, and a pit forms in my stomach. Dropping what I was doing, I make my way over there, and see my husband dragging a headless man down the stairs, a shotgun in his hands. He sees me, and begins telling me his story.
A practicus had apparently brought this man to sleep in his bed upstairs, and when he went back to take a rest, he was there, shotgun in hand. The man barely misses my husband, his shot going over his head, with my husband whacking the hand holding his gun with his cane. He strikes hard enough to break it, causing the man to scream in pain and fall to the ground, whereupon he picks up the mans shotgun and blows his head clean off. It is after looting him that he drags the corpse down the stairs, where he meets me. Once again we embrace, and having the call of nature, we decide to retire to our quarters once again. We are mid-strip when a Cerberus comes up the stairs, wearing absolutely nothing but his helmet. He asks how we are, and we respond that we're fine before I get an idea. "Do you wish to join?" I ask. He smiles, and helps my husband strip me. The three of us make love for quite some time before the both of them have spent inside of me, with the Cerberus commanding me to lick up any of their spent seed. My sexoholic nature overcoming me, I do it, slowly, making sure that the both of them see. Chuckling, the Cerberus grabs what few things he brought in and leaves the room.
After this strange turn of events, my husband and I are in the middle of dressing when we hear an alarm blaring that the Charon would be leaving in five minutes. Looking at eachother for a moment, we hurry to slap our things on, and rush out the door. We jog our way down the street, with us being separated by smoke in the streets from an unfortunate family whose house had caught fire, when I see... a thing. It appeared to be some sort of fleshy mass, blades and proboscises swinging in rhythm with its steps as it sprinted down the street. Straight at me. In fear, I too begin sprinting down the street, the things around me a whirl of movement as I run into a darkened building, hoping it doesn't see me. Luckily, it does not, and runs past me, with my husband and several other townsfolk behind it, seemingly unaware it just passed. I jump out of the building and tell them that there was a strange creature making its way to the Charon, and with the townspeople drawing their various weapons, and me my longsword, we advance into the Charon yard. Once through the massive doors, we see the Thing grabbing an unfortunate Cerberus out of the door of the shuttle before crushing his head with one of its proboscises, fluids being sucked out liberally. My breath catches in my throat as it sees me, and paralyzed in fear, I can barely react before it is upon me, its proboscis jetting straight towards my head before I know no more.
I have another round like this that was improved greatly by ERP, which I can tell if anyone wants to hear it.

Edit : Also sorry about the lack of indenting, I can't do that on these forums so it's a giant fucking wall of text.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #139747

you must have got lost on the way to the autistic stories thread.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139749

Aw shit I went down too far
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #139828

LW servers are up. Everything seems fine.
RedMcCloud
Byond Username: RedMcCloud

Post by RedMcCloud » #139829

Alex Crimson wrote:LW servers are up. Everything seems fine.
gib ip
"What the FUCK is Carbon Dioxide?" guy
I write a web serial about aliens: https://pseudofunk.wordpress.com
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139858

Google Lifeweb digg Ips.

The bottom two work I think, middle is S2, bottom is S1, top doesn't exist anymore
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #139863

If anyone does decide to try the game out, then only join with one Ckey. If you try joining with a second one accidentally, you will get auto-banned. There is no ban appeal system.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #139916

What does the thing with "Banned by host: All Pigs Must Die" mean? I remember long time ago trying to check it out and running into the same thing.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #139918

No idea, never heard of that message before. Might be joining the wrong server, S1 isn't open to the public.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #139920

All pigs must die means the server think you're a ruski.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #139926

Malkevin wrote:All pigs must die means the server think you're a ruski.
Well I am. I went onto the Russian server already anyhow, but why can't I go to another one I have no idea.
Durandan
Byond Username: Durandan

Post by Durandan » #140238

RIP. It was a fun game. In my experience the community was ok, but the forum was a complete shithole. I'll miss giving the Incarn a boombox with the Papers Please theme already playing and shit like that.
Character: Jed Fleming [ghost]
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #140241

Servers are still up but the patreon and forums are down
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #140334

Nah, in game community is just as terrible as its always been.